• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Years
venusaur.png
SUON PLAYS BINGO
feraligatr.png

A HIGHEST STAT (SPEED) CHALLENGE ON YELLOW
BINGO! challenges completed: 5/20

UPDATE #1

Since I finished the top row of my Bingo sheet, I decided to fill the bottom row next. This game I'll play on Yellow version and the nicknames will be Dutch.

My teammembers need to have Speed as their highest base stat, so first of course, some research. I can choose from the following Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Now, not all of these are available in-game, some are legendary and I've used some in recent runs. I'm not sure yet what I'm gonna do, but maybe I'll train more for a change and mix them around a bit.

Also, I add some extra rules to my run:
--> game is to be played on SET mode <--
--> major battles have to be fought with the same amount of Pokemon as the opponent uses <--
--> when possible, every Pokemon needs to have at least one status move <--
--> no HM Slaves unless absolutely necessary <--

I got Pikachu as a starter and named it MUIS (mouse). On route 22 I caught a Spearow and named it VEER (feather).

I trained them both up to level 13 and challenged Brock. Although my hits aren't very effective, I did win after the first try.

I made it through Mt. Moon, fought all the trainers North of Cerulean, including Blue, and got the S.S. Ticket. I got a Charmander for free, but box it now until I've decided if I'm gonna use him. I can't nickname it yet. VEER evolves in a Fearow.
Now, MUIS and VEER are at level 23, and Misty is no match for us.

On route 6 I catch a Pidgeot who I name VLEUGEL (wing). For now, I box it as well. In Diglett Cave I catch a Diglett (yes, I did) and named it MOL (mole). I train him against the trainers on S.S. ANN, deposit all my other Pokemon at the PC, and challenge Lt. Surge with MOL, now being a Dugtrio at level 26. One Dig is enough for my third badge.

My team:

pikachu-color.png

MUIS @ lvl 26
hp 64 | att 39 | def 32 | spd 62 | spc 39
Thunderbolt - Quick Attack - Tail Whip - Double Team

fearow-color.png

VEER @ lvl 24
hp 69 | att 53 | def 40 | spd 57 | spc 42
Peck - Fury Attack - Growl - Leer

dugtrio-color.png

MOL @ lvl 26
hp 62 | att 50 | def 39 | spd 70 | spc 49
Dig - Cut - Growl - Sand Attack

Currently boxed:
Spoiler:

My BINGO! sheet:
Spoiler:

Years

Rainbow Road in Pokémon Heart Gold

croconaw.png
aipom.png
slowpoke.png

CHAPTER 1 - Against the odds

It was a while since I did challenge from my bingo. But it's finally here. I decided to go with Johto one this one - Rainbow Road.
After hours of deciding which rainbow I'll do, I finally picked Totodile as my starter and named him Chew. I already got used to soloing Falkner with starter in Johto and after quick battle, Chew evolved.
I had to solo Bugsy too, which was also pretty easy with Ice Fang.
So the boring part is behind me and I can finally start making my team. I got Headbutt and started headbutting trees in Azalea Town, until...
Spoiler:

So I knocked her out and found Aipom on the next encounter. That's purple on the team. I then returned to Slowpoke Well and caught Slowpoke - pink Pokémon.

It's time to grind my new team members to higher levels.

Team

croconaw.png

Chew, Modest Male Croconaw
lvl 24, Torrent
- Water Gun
- Headbutt
- Bite
- Ice Fang

aipom.png

Dawn, Docile Female Aipom
lvl 8, Pickup
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Astonish

slowpoke.png

Lima, Naive Female Slowpoke
lvl 6, Own Tempo
- Curse
- Yawn
- Tackle
- Growl​

Last edited:
Years

Rainbow Road in Pok?mon Heart Gold

feraligatr.png
aipom.png
slowpoke.png
slugma.png

CHAPTER 2 - Against the odds again

Well... Let's start this big!
Spoiler:

This one appeared only few minutes after the Spearow, when I was training Dawn and Lima to more acceptable levels.
Anyway, I got to Goldenrod City and after more training on routes around it, I challenged Whitney. My strategy was to use Dawn and Lima to negate her Attract. But they couldn't do enough damage to her before fainting. In her last moments, Dawn used Sand-Attack to lower Miltank's accuracy. Chew then fell to the Attract so the whole battle was about luck. And based on 2 shinies in 1 hour, you can guess I won.
I then went to Ecruteak City and lost to Silver in Burned Tower. That's new. On the 2nd try I had better luck. After the battle, I decided to check here to see the order of colors. I though Yellow is next, while the Red was. Do you realize what that means? I COULD GET SLUGMA THIS WHOLE TIME! So I returned to Violet City, talked to Primo and chose Slugma Egg.
Now it's time to face Morty. It will be easy with Lima and Chew... And then I lost. I couldn't damage his Gengar enough and wouldn't survive his Shadow Ball. So I grinded Chew to level 30, evolved it and got Crunch. And even then I had hard time beating his ghostly combination.
When I got to Olivine City, Slugma hatched from the egg.

Team

feraligatr.png

Chew, Modest Male Feraligatr
lvl 30, Torrent
- Water Gun
- Headbutt
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

aipom.png

Dawn, Docile Female Aipom
lvl 23, Pickup
- Swift
- Tickle
- Sand-Attack
- Astonish

slowpoke.png

Lima, Naive Female Slowpoke
lvl 26, Own Tempo
- Curse
- Yawn
- Surf
- Confusion

slugma.png

Flimey, Careful Male Slugma
lvl 1, Magma Armor
- Smog
- Yawn​

Last edited:
Years
venusaur.png
SUON PLAYS BINGO
feraligatr.png

UPDATE #2

Just won my 8th badge and getting ready to head to the Pokemon League. A summary of what happened:

- Went blind through Rock Tunnel, skipped Lavender and went directly to Celadon.
- Got a Vulpix (VOS (fox) and trained it north of Cerulean.
- Challenged Erica with VOS, VEER and MOL @~lvl 28, but only needed VOS.
- Beat Team Rocket, Got the Silph Scope and the Pokeflute.
- Het the Super Rod and catch a lvl5 Staryu, named STERRETJE (little star). Evolve it to Starmie with a Waterstone and train it.
- It takes me about an hour, but I manage to catch a Tauros in Safari Zone. Named it STIER (bull).
- Challenged Koga with STIER, VEER, VOS and STERRETJE around lvl 34, easy peasy.
- Surfed to Cinnabar and resurrected Aerodactyl. Named it KOLIBRI (hummingbird). Didn't challenge Blaine yet.
- VOS evolved into Ninetales after learning Flamethrower.
- Beat Team Rocket again in Saffron.
- Challenge Sabrina with STIER, MOL and KOLIBRI around lvl37, but only need STIER.
- Challenge Blaine with KOLIBRI, STERRETJE and MOL around lvl38, no problems either.
- Challenge Giovanni with KOLIBRI, STERRETJE, MOL, VOS and STIER, all around lvl39, maybe the easiest of all.

I'm seriously underleveled right now, so time for training and then battling the League.

My team:

pikachu-color.png

MUIS @ lvl 38
hp 91 | att 57 | def 49 | spd 91 | spc 59
Thunderbolt - Quick Attack - Reflect - Double Team

dugtrio-color.png

MOL @ lvl 40
hp 97 | att 81 | def 63 | spd 109 | spc 77
Dig - Rock Slide - Cut - Sand-Attack

ninetales-color.png

VOS @ lvl 39
hp 118 | att 77| def 80 | spd 95 | spc 102
Flamethrower - Swift - Confuse Ray - Double Team

starmie-color.png

STERRETJE @ lvl 39
hp 103 | att 77| def 79 | spd 114 | spc 93
Surf - Psychic - Ice Beam - Double Team

tauros-color.png

STIER @ lvl 38
hp 118 | att 98| def 84| spd 96| spc 68
Body Slam - Strength - Earthquake - Double Team

aerodactyl-color.png

KOLIBRI @ lvl 38
hp 125 | att 93| def 63 | spd 119 | spc 66
Fly - Bite - Toxic - Fire Blast

Currently boxed:
Spoiler:

My BINGO! sheet:
Spoiler:

Years

feraligatr.png
ambipom.png
slowbro.png
slugma.png
jolteon.png
larvitar.png

CHAPTER 3

I got to Cianwood City and got challenged by Eusine. His Electrode was at level 27, but its Thunder was able to deal with both Chew and Lima as well as with the rest of my team. Well, it's time to train once again. This time, it was pretty annoying to train on all the Tentacools.
Now it's time to beat Chuck! My ace for this fight was Slowpoke. But it still took my several Revives I got from Dawn's Pickup to beat Chuck's Poliwrath. I probably run out of luck, because Hypnosis was able to land about 7 times out of 9 tries.
After the victory, I got the medicine for Jasmine and return to Olivine City to deliver it to her. I got call from the Baoba about Safari Zone. I can finally get Yellow member - Electabuzz. But apparently Electubuzz is a little harder to get. I really didn't want to wait 3 hours to get it (but I completed 1st side-quest and caught Geodude), so I returned to Goldenrod City and picked up Eevee. I was kinda lucky and got Thunderstone from the Lass Dana on Route 38.
I then decided to continue the story and got to Mahogany. I cleared the Rocket arc in Mahogany and prepared myself to face Pryce. First time my plan of using Spark and Flimey to battle was somehow successful. I got Glacier Badge and cleared second part of Rocket arc in Goldenrod City.
I got to Blackthorn City and beat Clair. Probably easiest gym battle so far. Chew was able to take down all of her Pok?mon except the Kingdra, which fell to combination of Lima's Yawn and Chew's attacks.
I returned to New Bark Town and completed Kimono Girls side-quest in Ecruteak City. Now, it has been 3 hours since the Safari Zone 1st side-quest and I decided to catch last member of my team - Green Larvitar. And with that, I decided to save before departing to Indigo Plateau.

Team

feraligatr.png

lvl 41, Torrent
- Waterfall
- Headbutt
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

ambipom.png

Dawn, Docile Female Ambipom
lvl 35, Pickup
- Strength
- Double Hit
- Sand-Attack
- Astonish

slowbro.png

Lima, Naive Female Slowbro
lvl 39, Own Tempo
- Whirlpool
- Yawn
- Surf
- Zen Headbutt

slugma.png

Flimey, Careful Male Slugma
lvl 35, Magma Armor
- Smog
- Yawn
- Ember
- Ancient Power

jolteon.png

Spark, Naughty Male Jolteon
lvl 36, Volt Absorb
- Thunder Shock
- Quick Attack
- Double Kick
- Sand-Attack

larvitar.png

Silvester, Adamant Male Larvitar
lvl 17, Guts
- Leer
- Sandstorm
- Screech
- Rock Slide​

Last edited:
Years
venusaur.png
SUON PLAYS BINGO
feraligatr.png

UPDATE #3 -FINALE

It took me a few hours, but I trained all my Pokemon up to level 50 and challenged the League.

Against Lorelei I start with MUIS. 1x Light Screen and 2x Double Team, followed by a couple of Thunderbolts, and Lorelei is beaten.

Against Bruno I start with STERRETJE. 2x Surf and 4x Psychic (2x Machamp) and Bruno is beaten.

Against Agatha I start with MOL. 4x Earthquake and 2x Rock Slide and Agatha is beaten.

Against Lance I start with STIER. 3x Double Team, a Hyper Potion and a bunch of Body Slams and Lance is beaten.

Only VOS and KOLIBRI have not been used yet, so against Blue I start with KOLIBRI. Combining Toxic with the extra turn of Fly, he beats Sandslash, Alakazam and Exeggutor and badly poisons Cloyster. He then faints and VOS finishes Cloyster, Ninetales and
Jolteon.

Well, that was one of the easiest League runs I've done in a long while. Bingo challenge #6 completed.

My team:

pikachu-color.png

MUIS @ lvl 51
hp 120 | att 76| def 65 | spd 122 | spc 97
Thunderbolt - Quick Attack - Light Screen - Double Team

dugtrio-color.png

MOL @ lvl 51
hp 125 | att 104 | def 80 | spd 140 | spc 100
Earthquake - Rock Slide - Cut - Sand-Attack

ninetales-color.png

VOS @ lvl 50
hp 154 | att 101| def 106| spd 125 | spc 135
Flamethrower - Swift - Confuse Ray - Double Team

starmie-color.png

STERRETJE @ lvl 50
hp 133 | att 101| def 103 | spd 149| spc 123
Surf - Psychic - Ice Beam - Double Team

tauros-color.png

STIER @ lvl 51
hp 161| att 133| def 114 | spd 131| spc 94
Body Slam - Strength - Earthquake - Double Team

aerodactyl-color.png

KOLIBRI @ lvl 50
hp 167 | att 126| def 85 | spd 159 | spc 92
Fly - Bite - Toxic - Fire Blast

Currently boxed:
Spoiler:

My Bingo Sheet:
Spoiler:

Years

feraligatr.png
ambipom.png
slowbro.png
magcargo.png
jolteon.png
pupitar.png

CHAPTER 4

After small training, my team was ready for the E4.
I wanted to use Silvester against Will, but it got easily KO'd by his Xatu and Slowbro. Spark and Flimey were quickly eliminated too and I decided to use Chew. He was able to beat whole team with Crunch.
Next one's Koga. I decided to use Silvester once again and this time he was able to solo whole team with Earthquake and Rock Slide.
I led with Lima and she was OHKO by Hitmontop's Counter. I then used Dawn and was able to beat Hitmonchan, but lost to Hitmonlee. I finished the fight with Chew and his Waterfall.
Last member of E4 was Karen. And oh god, that was battle. Her Umbreon took down Flimey, Dawn, Spark and Silvester and because Lima wouldn't be effective, I decided to once again go with Chew. After long battle, her Umbreon finally lost, but she still had 5 Pok?mon, but Chew had advantage against all of them. Ice Fang against Vileplume and Murkrow, Crunch against Gengar and Surf against Houndoom.
After this difficult battle, Lance was piece of cake. Spark took care of his Gyarados and Chew chewed rest of his team to pieces - and survived 2 Hyper Beams and Dragon Rush from his Dragonites.

Hall of Fame (I used Fast Forward function of emulator a lot, so I have higher gametime):
Spoiler:

Team

feraligatr.png

lvl 54, Torrent
- Waterfall
- Dragon Pulse
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

ambipom.png

lvl 49, Pickup
- Strength
- Double Hit
- Sand-Attack
- Astonish

slowbro.png

lvl 47, Own Tempo
- Whirlpool
- Yawn
- Surf
- Zen Headbutt

magcargo.png

Flimey, Careful Male Magcargo
lvl 47, Magma Armor
- Smog
- Yawn
- Lava Plume
- Ancient Power

jolteon.png

lvl 48, Volt Absorb
- Thunder Shock
- Quick Attack
- Double Kick
- Sand-Attack

pupitar.png

Silvester, Adamant Male Pupitar
lvl 49, Shed Skins
- Earthquake
- Sandstorm
- Crunch
- Rock Slide​

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Pokémon Bingo
Champion Challenge - Volt White #2 - Final

A lot of training and important battles later...

The run is finally done!

The Brycen and Drayden battles were all good, not requiring much training... but the E4 was a bit of a challenge.

First of all, they are all double battles, so I had to do strategies if I wanted an easy time. But I'm not good at strategies, so you can guess how it went. Grimsley and Caitlin both gave me a hard time, and Shauntaul was pretty close too. Though I literally swept Marshal with only two Pokémon...

Second round was wayy harder. All members had level 90+ pokémon so I grinded a lot. Shauntal and her Sableye gave me a lot of trouble, but I got around it (I had to switch to Shift Mode though :p).

And now, the final boss... Alder, the Champion of Unova... Get ready, the last challenge is coming. With a Level 100 Volcarona, he is the toughest trainer in the whole region...

Spoiler:

CHAMPION TEAM​

Spr_5b_018.png

Magenta ♀ | Lonely nature | Tangled Feet
Lvl. 96
- Acrobatics
- Return
- Fly
- U-Turn

Spr_5b_065_f.png

Yuria ♀ | Quiet nature | Magic Guard
Lvl. 96 @ King's Rock
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Spr_5b_091.png

Vera ♀ | Docile nature | Skill Link
Lvl. 97 @ Never Melt Ice
- Hydro Pump
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Spr_5b_464_m.png

Cassius ♂ | Careful nature | Solid Rock
Lvl. 96 @ Hard Stone
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Hammer Arm

Spr_5b_136.png

Tolby ♂ | Jolly nature | Flash Fire
Lvl. 96 @ Charcoal
- Flare Blitz
- Dig
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Spr_5b_462.png

Nik | Careful nature | Magnet Pull
Lvl. 96 @ Metal Coat
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Flash
- Signal Beam

Sheet:

Spoiler:

Years

Rainbow Road in Pokémon Heart Gold

feraligatr.png
ambipom.png
slowbro.png
magcargo.png
jolteon.png
tyranitar.png

CHAPTER 4

Clearing Kanto's Gym Leaders was pretyt easy. Silvester solo'd Lt. Surge and evolved into Tyranitar. I did Power Plant quest and beat Misty with Spark.
Next one was Sabrina, who felt to Chew and Silvester. I had hard time with Erika, because Flimey dies to everything, including Solar Beam and Leaf Storm, so I used Dawn and Chew. Chew, Dawn and Silvester became best members of the run. They were able to beat rest of the Kanto's Leaders by themselves.
With all the 8 badges, I'm ready to face Red... But I should probably train a little bit more. I think I could beat Red tomorrow.

Team

feraligatr.png

lvl 59, Torrent
- Waterfall
- Dragon Pulse
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

ambipom.png

lvl 53, Pickup
- Strength
- Double Hit
- Sand-Attack
- Astonish

slowbro.png

lvl 55, Own Tempo
- Whirlpool
- Yawn
- Surf
- Psychic

magcargo.png

lvl 51, Magma Armor
- Smog
- Yawn
- Lava Plume
- Ancient Power

jolteon.png

lvl 53, Volt Absorb
- Shock Wave
- Quick Attack
- Double Kick
- Sand-Attack

tyranitar.png

Silvester, Adamant Male Tyranitar
lvl 56, Sand Stream
- Earthquake
- Sandstorm
- Crunch
- Stone Edge​

Years

feraligatr.png
ambipom.png
slowbro.png
magcargo.png
jolteon.png
tyranitar.png

FINAL CHAPTER

And the final battle is here!
I start with Silvester, while Red with Pikachu. Silvester takes the Iron Tail and lives with about 1/4 HP and OHKO Pikachu.
Red sent out Blastoise now and I switch to Spark. I wish for Thunder to land and it did! And that's quick end of Blastoise.
Snorlax is next. I return Silvester to his Pok?ball, but Sandstorm from his ability is still raging. I sent out Chew. With his newly learned Superpower, Chew takes away half of the Snorlax's HP, while loosing his own half to Crunch. I took a chance and used Superpower one more time... And Snorlax survived and took Chew down with Shadow Ball. But then Sandstorm hit Snorlax and it faints.
I sent out Dawn and Red sents out Venusaur. Dawn's Strength does almost nothing and Dawn is put asleep by Venusaur's Sleep Powder. I switch out to Flimey and he's put asleep quickly. After 3 Giga drains, Flimey is down. I sent out Dawn again and start healing my Pok?mon. Venusaur shots her down with 2 Sludge Bombs, but Chew and Flimey have full HP now. Flimey's turn once again. Venusaur is now also fully healed. I decided to use a little bit of strategy this time. Yawn and Flamethrower until Venusaur is healed again and then he's burned! Both Sandstorm and burn damage help a lot!
Red sents out Lapras and I sent out Spark again. Thunder lands again, cutting Lapras HP to 1/3 and paralyze it. He can't move this very turn. Red heals him and another Thunder lands, this time without paralyzation. And 4th Thunder in row! Lapras' down.
Charizard VS Lima. After having toubles with Venusaur, I went straight to the Yawn. Lima survives Air Slash. 2 Surfs put it low on HP. I predicted Red using Full Restore and used Yawn, putting Charizard back to sleep. And with 2 Surfs, the battle is over!

And with that, I can cross another challenge of the Bingo. I really enjoyed this one. I had problem with choosing my team, but in the end I had pretty balanced team that was distributed over whole region. Even with 2 Water-Types, I used Lima mostly for her psychic powers.

I'm not sure which challenge to do now, but I'll probably do something from Sinnoh column... Probably In-Order one. Or Signature Move with Yawn or Counter/Mirror Coat.

Team

feraligatr.png

lvl 80, Torrent
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

ambipom.png

lvl 75, Pickup
- Strength
- Double Hit
- Sand-Attack
- Astonish

slowbro.png

lvl 75, Own Tempo
- Whirlpool
- Yawn
- Surf
- Psychic

magcargo.png

lvl 70, Magma Armor
- Smog
- Yawn
- Lava Plume
- Ancient Power

jolteon.png

lvl 76, Volt Absorb
- Shock Wave
- Quick Attack
- Double Kick
- Sand-Attack

tyranitar.png

Silvester, Adamant Male Tyranitar
lvl 77, Sand Stream
- Earthquake
- Sandstorm
- Crunch
- Stone Edge​

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 9, 2021
I remember partaking in the original for a bit, might be fun to have another go!

7x7 please :)

EDIT: Whoops, here it is in the "official formatting".
Username: Fristi61
Bingo Type: 7x7

Last edited:
Years
I remember partaking in the original for a bit, might be fun to have another go!

7x7 please :)

EDIT: Whoops, here it is in the "official formatting".
Username: Fristi61
Bingo Type: 7x7

Here you go:

Nick: Fristi61

Kanto
What's Your Sign?
Scramble
The Culinary Challenge
The Character Challenge
Gift Challenge
The In-Order Challenge
Rainbow Road

Johto
Monocolour
Monotype
Trio-Species Challenge
Stone Alone
Love at First Sight
Signature Move
NFE Team

Hoenn
Monoletter
Type Link
Monocolour
Signature Move
Duo-Species Challenge
Rainbow Road
Retrograde

Sinnoh
What's Your Sign?
Signature Move
Space Nerds Challenge
Trio-Species Challenge
Monoletter
The Champion Challenge
Rainbow Road

Unova
The In-Order Challenge
Unusual Sighting
Highest Stat DEF
Type Link
Pick-A-Route
NFE Team
Gift Challenge

Kalos
Monoletter
Monocolour
What's Your Sign?
Duo-Species Challenge
The Wonder Trade Challenge
The In-Order Challenge
The Mega Evolution Challenge

Alola
Solo Run
Monocolour
Elite Mash Up
The Culinary Challenge
Retrograde
Z-moves Challenge
What's Your Sign?

I see you got a lot of What's Your Sign and In-Order Challenge, which is something that can happen. If you would like to reroll one of them, just say so.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 9, 2021
Thanks! I don't really have a problem with the many "What's your sign" & "In-order" challenges.

One question though: I notice the various monotype, monocolour, monoletter, signature move & highest stat challenges don't have any type/colour/letter/move/stat specified. Am I free to decide those for myself or do I ask for someone to roll them?
(If free to decide for myself I'll probably roll them anyway through some random number generator shenanigans)

Years
One question though: I notice the various monotype, monocolour, monoletter, signature move & highest stat challenges don't have any type/colour/letter/move/stat specified. Am I free to decide those for myself or do I ask for someone to roll them?
(If free to decide for myself I'll probably roll them anyway through some random number generator shenanigans)

Yep, it's up to you.

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 9, 2021
Today's recipe:
PRIMAL MAGNETIC LEEK SOUP, SEASONED WITH VILEPLUME PETALS
(May contain traces of Lickitung saliva).

Fristibingo #1 Culinary Challenge, Kanto

Ingredients:

-Pokemon Fire Red
-Soup Water, Blastoise (boiling)
-PrimalChef, Primeape (cooking)
-SpicePetal, Vileplume (herbs/spices)
-Magnetizer, Magneton (kitchen appliance)
-FoodLicker, Lickitung (taste tester) (at least, he would've been called 'FoodLicker' if I wasn't stuck with that stupid 'Marc' name :( )
-LeekFarmer, Farfetch'd (ingredient) (at least, he would've been called 'LeekFarmer' if I wasn't stuck with that stupid 'Ch'ding' name :( )

Directions:

-Turn on your furnace. Also turn on the game.
-Take a fresh Squirtle as your starter. Train it to learn Water Gun, meanwhile fetch a pot.
-Have Squirtle use Water Gun on the pot until the pot is mostly filled with water. Put on furnace (the pot, not Squirtle, we'll cover how to make turtle soup some other time).
-While waiting for the water to heat, prepare other ingredients:
-Catch a Mankey, have it practice its primal cooking skills on rats near Viridian City, bugs in Viridian Forest, rocks at the Pewter City gym, and bats in Mt Moon.
-Your Squirtle should temporarily develop a darker blue colour and puffy tail at around this time, this is normal and not indicative of being spoilt.
-Catch an Oddish. Properly nourish it with water at the Cerulean city gym.
-Catch a Spearow, trade it for a Farfetch'd at Vermilion city.
-Prepare your leek by having Farfetch'd beat some cats and snakes over the head with it. Your Oddish should start to turn a bit dark by now, meaning it's headed on the right track.
-Prepare the leek further by having Farfetch'd beat it over the heads of a crew of sailors and cutting trees with it. Have Mankey beat up some magnets at the 3rd gym to teach him the skills necessary to work with his yet-to-be-acquired kitchen appliance.
-Put Mankey in a cool & dark place, preferably a rock tunnel, for about 30 minutes to stimulate muscle growth and increase amount of primal-ness.
-Your Farfetch'd may be getting a little hard-headed at this point. Remedy this by beating the 4th gym.
-Take Wartortle to a spooky place to spook that dark blue colour off of him. He may develop cannons, this is normal.
-Beat the 5th and 6th gyms, water should be close to boiling now.
-Mix Gloom with a leaf stone to further enhance the aroma of its petals
-Go get a kitchen appliance at the power plant
-Bribe a Lickitung with a dish of Peking Duck, caught in the Seafoam Islands, to get him to start working for you as well
-Beat 7th and 8th gym
-Take your Farfetch'd's leek and pick some of your Vileplume's petals, have Primeape magnetize them using Magneton, throw them in your pot of boiling water and let boil for a half hour, beat the elite 4 in the meantime.
-Finally, let Lickitung taste-test it. Get inducted into the hall of fame.

Challenge complete!

Years

Highest Stat SPEED in Pokémon Heart Gold

raikou.png

CHAPTER 1

I know I wanted to do Sinnoh, but I'll be playing through Sinnoh in Time Warp and I loved my last run in Johto, so I decided to do last one here.
After making some research and finding all the Pokémon fit for this challenge, I had my team.
team.png

I know what you're thinking. Raikou? Really? But yeah, really. I want to use as many Pokémon as I can and out of all Electric-Type Pokémon fit for this challenge, Raikou is the only one I haven't used yet. And I want to use Electric-Type.
So I started new game, got Totodile as my starter and quickly replace him with Zubat - Eobard. Yeah, my name theme this time will be The Flash characters. Both from comics and the CW TV show.
I trained to level 13 and challenged Falkner. And Eobard dies to 2 hits from Falkner's Pidgeotto. It took me 5 tries to get lucky enough to land confusion and let Pidgeotto hit itself. I then cleared story up to the next Gym, forgot to save and left the game. So I cleared it again, this time even with battling Bugsy. I had to use same combo on his Scyther and ended the battle with 6 HP!
I cleared Ilex Forest quest and Eobard evolved few steps away from Goldenrod City.

Team

golbat.png

Eobard, Naive Male Golbat
lvl 22, Inner Focus
- Bite
- Confuse Ray
- Wing Attack
- Leech Life​

Years
venusaur.png
SUON PLAYS BINGO
feraligatr.png

A DUO-SPECIES CHALLENGE ON GOLD
BINGO! challenges completed: 6/20

UPDATE #1

Time for a new chapter in the BINGO! Challenge. I'll be playing the Duo-Species challenge on Pok?mon Gold Version. To determine my two team members, I used the RNG (1-251) and compared it with the gen2 Pokedex. I rolled 94 (Forretress) and 79 (Seaking), and so the challenge started...

Nicknames shall be Sinhalese.

I went through all the shenanigans with Professor Elm (chose a Totodile for HM purposes), Mr. Pokemon and Rival Silver, and after I received my Pok?balls, I used a cheat code to catch MALU the Goldeen (malu is Sinhalese for fish).

I solo through the first 2 gyms, teach Headbutt to Totodile and catch SELAYA the Pineco (selaya is Sinhalese for shell).

Around the Mahogany Team Rocket base, MALU evolves in a Seaking and SELAYA in a Forretress (I went east first after Ecruteak).

With 2 Pok?mon you're always a bit overleveled, but with these 2 Pok?mon, all Gym matches were interesting fights, especially the one with Claire.

I reach the Indigo Plateau and with both Pok?mon at level 50, I challenge the E4.

Will is an easy target for SELAYA. I use an X Accuracy and start Rollout. His Pok?mon can't do me much harm.

Against Koga I use the exact same technique, and although his Forretress Protects itself from my Rollout, it's not strong enough to block my other attacks.

Bruno is easy for MALU. I use 2 X Attacks when his Hitmontop uses Dig and Peck away at his fighters. Onix, of course, stands no change either.

Now, the battle with Karen is by far the hardest. In fact, I blacked out and had to start all over again twice. The first time was my fault. I thought the 5th Rollout would OHKO Houndoom with ease, but his Flamethrower was faster and MALU couldn't beat Houndoom, Gengar, Vileplume and Murkrow all alone. The second time it was Gengar's Destiny Bond that ruined it. Thankfully, on the third try I am victorious.

Surprisingly, Lance is very easy and gets soloed by MALU.

I'm off to Kanto now.

My team:

seaking.png

MALU
level 55 | ? | Nevermeltice
Surf, Horn Attack, Icy Wind, Peck

forretress.png

SELAYA
level 55 | ? | Quick Claw
Heatbutt, Rollout, Attract, Rock Smash

My BINGO! sheet:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

Highest Stat SPEED in Pokémon Heart Gold

raikou.png

CHAPTER 2

Well, it has been a while, but I got finally some free time to play. It was Saturday, so I hasted to the National Park and caught Venonat. I trained her on the Routes around Goldenrod and finally challenged Whitney. With both of my Pokémon weak to Rollout, it was quite interesting battle full of healing, but I was able to stall Whitney's Miltank with Posion Powder and Confuse Rays.
I triggered roaming Pokémon event in Ecruteak City and set to the journey to catch Raikou. It's almost 15 levels stronger that my Pokémon, but after few hours and lot of restarts, I was able to catch it. I was also encountering Entei all the time like it wanted me to catch it. So now I have level 40 Raikou. I decided to bench it for now and only use it if Eobard and Patty are down.
Right when I stepped inside the Gym, Eobard evolved. Morty was easy thanks to Eaobard's Bite and Patty's Confusion and Psybeam.
I got to Olivine City, cleared the Lighthouse and surfed to the Cianwood. Chuck was another of Poison/Confusion spam battle but in the end, I won. Without using Raikou up to this point.
I got back to Olivine City and unlocked Safari Zone. This is where rest of my team is. So that's where I'll be going next!

Team

crobat.png

Eobard, Naive Male Crobat
lvl 32, Inner Focus
- Bite
- Confuse Ray
- Fly
- Leech Life

venomoth.png

Patty, Docile Female Venomoth
lvl 31, Shield Dust
- Psybeam
- Supersonic
- Sleep Powder
- PoisonPowder

raikou.png

Barry, Docile Raikou
lvl 40, Pressure
- Roar
- Quick Attack
- Spark
- Reflect​

Years

Highest Stat SPEED in Pok?mon Heart Gold

raikou.png

CHAPTER 3

I caught Staryu in front of Safari Zone and Misdreavus inside of it. I couldn't get Ponyta, which is kinda sad. I wasn't sure I can beat Jasmine with my current team so I skipped her and got to Mahogany Town, beat Team Rocket and finally used Raikou in battle against Pryce.
Well, now I have to challenge Jasmine and it went as badly as I expected. I had nothing against her Steel-Types. I've used Patty, Iris and Linda. I started with Patty and had close run with one of her Magnemite and Jasmine even had to switch to her Steelix and beat Patty. I then used Iris with her Water-Type advantage and easily beat her Steelix. Rest of the battle was Linda versus both Magnemites. I win even with non-effectice Psybeams.
I'm currently clearing Radio Tower from Team Rocket.

Team

crobat.png

Eobard, Naive Male Crobat
lvl 39, Inner Focus
- Bite
- Confuse Ray
- Fly
- Poison Fang

venomoth.png

Patty, Docile Female Venomoth
lvl 39, Shield Dust
- Psybeam
- Supersonic
- Sleep Powder
- Signal Beam

raikou.png

Barry, Docile Raikou
lvl 41, Pressure
- Roar
- Quick Attack
- Spark
- Reflect

misdreavus.png

Linda, Rash Female Misdreavus
lvl 39, Levitate
- Psybeam
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray

staryu.png

Iris, Lonely Staryu
lvl 38, Natural Cure
- Camouflage
- Surf
- Swift
- Recover​

Years
venusaur.png
SUON PLAYS BINGO
feraligatr.png

A DUO-SPECIES CHALLENGE ON GOLD
BINGO! challenges completed: 7/20

UPDATE #2 - GRAND FINALE

So I finished the game. Not very spectacular, not interesting (not the biggest fan of the Gen2 post-game, but hey, it's part of the challenge).

I quickly beat all the gyms in Kanto, grinded for a few levels in Mt. Silver, and challenged Red. MALU took care of his Charizard, but the real MVP was SELAYA. Her Attract/X Accuracy/Rollout-combo is so deadly! Of course, I needed a few potions because his Pok?mon were always faster, but they never did more than 50% damage.

My team:

seaking.png

MALU
level 70 | ? | Nevermeltice
Surf, Horn Attack, Icy Wind, Peck

forretress.png

SELAYA
level 70 | ? | Quick Claw
Heatbutt, Rollout, Attract, Giga Drain

My BINGO! sheet:
Spoiler:

Last edited: