• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite Johto Starter

Favorite Johto Starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Welcome to...
Fourth Gen's Bi-Weekly Poll!
Introduction
Hello, and welcome to a new iteration of the Weekly Poll which has been revitalized as the Bi-Weekly Poll! In these threads, there will be various and sometimes even random polls pertaining to the Fourth Generation games. You'll have to pick your favorite options and give a short explanation on why you chose that option. Pretty simple, yeah? And after two weeks, you'll be do the same thing over again :D

Feel free to PM colours or tokyodrift if you have any suggestions on what the next poll should be!

The Poll Question
"Which is your favorite Johto starter?"
"#TeamChickorita, #TeamCyndaquil, or #TeamTotodile?"

At the beginning of their quest, Trainers are given a starter Pokémon. This Pokémon will be used to battle the first wild Pokémon that the Trainer encounters and will assist you throughout your journey as you complete various quests.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I don't think my stance has ever changed in terms of what Johto starter I prefer. It's always been a Chikorita and I don't see what changing. It's just something about it that has drawn me to it. It might be because of Bayleaf's depiction in the anime that had made me love it even more. Not to mention that Meganium is really amazing in-game wise.

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
Years
I'd say Totodile due to its huge coverage, and good attack power, but there is no Johto starter I don't like.
Besides Ash's totodile was quite funny.

So I have to go with the Interior Crocodile Alligator on this one.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Chikorita is one of the few non-water starters that makes my favorites list!

Years
I picked Cyndaquil when I played, so I guess it's my fave of the three. One of the rare times that my fave starter of the generation wasn't the Water-type.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
While Chikorita is my favorite of the three, I never want to evolve it. So for use in the games, Cyndaquil is my foreverpick. I almost always go with the fire starters, and Johto certainly abides by that standard.

In my recent SS playthrough though, I picked Chikorita. It evolved, and I ditched it ahhaah.

Back