• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 351 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.2%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 4, 2018
this game great! although its confusing because lot of spawn is changed and lot of kecleon xd

idk if this is bug, but

1. steven room, there's no beldum, its aron
2. salamance lvl 79 no dragon claw. its crush claw?????

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 28, 2021
Gym leaders Roxanne & Brawly are missing from my match call list. I have my 8th badge. Also, the electrical boxes appeared again in Mauville. Any idea on how to fix this?

Last edited:

sz

Years
There is a bug with the volcanic ash guy, the white flute can't be purchased, after you reach the steps it resets to 65535 steps.

Also, how does Scyther evolve? Trading w/ metal coat as usual or there's another method?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2022
Do you mind telling me or linking me to how you implemented the B2/W2 repel system in this? I'd love to do it in my own (personal) Pokémon Emerald ROM Hack (basically I'm just updating the game to current standards).

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Do you mind telling me or linking me to how you implemented the B2/W2 repel system in this? I'd love to do it in my own (personal) Pokémon Emerald ROM Hack (basically I'm just updating the game to current standards).

There's a tutorial somewhere on these very forums that will help more than I can. I copied the offsets from there. You'll need XSE and a good hex editor like HexEdit to do it but the thing follows all the steps

this game great! although its confusing because lot of spawn is changed and lot of kecleon xd

idk if this is bug, but

1. steven room, there's no beldum, its aron
2. salamance lvl 79 no dragon claw. its crush claw?????

they're rare but they're there!

Salamence learns dragon claw by tm, found in the far end of meteor falls.

There is a bug with the volcanic ash guy, the white flute can't be purchased, after you reach the steps it resets to 65535 steps.

Also, how does Scyther evolve? Trading w/ metal coat as usual or there's another method?
fixed in patch coming in half an hour

lv 39 it's in the first post

Gym leaders Roxanne & Brawly are missing from my match call list. I have my 8th badge. Also, the electrical boxes appeared again in Mauville. Any idea on how to fix this?
That's how it works in the original. Go talk to em!

This is going to be my last post in this thread, I'm making a new one in sideshow showcase. Can hopefully get this one deleted! see you after the break.

~Wind~

Detective
Years
This was very nice and interesting, though the beginning seemed quite similar to the original Emerald last time I played. It appears you may have changed it since then, though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 28, 2021
The electrical boxes were gone after I got my 2nd badge from Dewford. When I got my 8th badge from Sootopolis, I flew to Mauville and the boxes were back and I couldn't get through.
I don't think that's suppose to happen. It's like some flags are reappearing even though I've already done them.

Also, Expert Natasha and Battle Girl Lanaya won't rematch me even though there is a pokball icon beside their names on the match call list.

Is there a way to get Roxanne and Brawly back on my match call list? Cause I defeated the Elite four and I can't rematch them if they're not on the list. The rest of the gym leaders are.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2023
I'm not done yet, I just got the meteorite back after stomping Maxis, but so far, this is a REALLY nice hack; A fresh coat of paint to almost all the maps, some later gen stuff, new bios for all the mons, etc.

I just love that it doesn't take itself too seriously with the dialogue and story, and adds a lot of jokes all over. My favorite has to be the Pekachu gag in Rustboro but then seeing him later in the daycare after sneaking in through the cut tree. That was a really cool in-joke and it had me laughing like crazy. Just simple gags like that are great and next time I use a Pikachu, I'm certainly going to name him Pekachu.

The way you extended some areas is just great, like the little peaceful beach next to Dewford for example. The names you gave to each route is also a GREAT detail.

I just wish the game was slightly more generous with the wild mons from different gens. It seems like most of the wild encounters are regular gen 3 mons with some rarer options from other gens, which isn't too nice for a nuzlocke. It did make it all the more hype when I got an Eevee for my first encounter but besides that.. Still, a really cool hack that only makes the core game better without changing it too drastically. Seeing as this one took 5 years, I can't imagine that you would want to work on a new hack, but regardless I hope you have new ideas in mind for the future because you're a really good rom hacker and you know how to keep it real without the amateur undertone of many romhacks.

Here's the squad so far

twp1bky.png

And the many deaths..

UCcDYF6.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jul 19, 2021
Hey there! So far, I'm really enjoying this hack (the pokedex entries are very interesting to say the very least)
Also, nerf every mon in the game lmao

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I was kinda enjoying it until Peeko in Oldale Town froze my game.
The game told me that it wanted me to follow it to Captain Briney's house, I told it "Yes" and then it just froze right here:
ednyosv.png

Now I have to start all over again from my previous save before beating Roxanne x_x ..

Also, I seriously think this shouldn't be called Emerald 2, it's no sequel at all.
So far it has been a retake/revamp of Emerald which is kind of ironic since Emerald itself is a revamp of R/S.

EDIT: Just reached Peeko again, here's a GIF.
bOWVwiI.gif

Last edited:

luuma

Years

I fixed this like a week ago but haven't put an update out bc I got a bug with the clock I still havent fixed and I'm adding stuff to the battle engine which is if anything equally dangerous. If you like I can send you a more updated copy?

should have put a note in the master post a while back, have done so now, sorry man

What should it be called instead? The thing that separates this game from being a real sequel to emerald is its identical flow of storyline and similar npcs. The reason routes, pokémon moves and items take priority for me is because changing text boxes and the order in which you visit locations adds virtually nothing to the quality of the game besides "freshening it up". I don't want to be arbitrarily different from emerald, I want to be better!

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I fixed this like a week ago but haven't put an update out bc I got a bug with the clock I still havent fixed and I'm adding stuff to the battle engine which is if anything equally dangerous. If you like I can send you a more updated copy?
Meh, it's fine, I can wait for a public release.

What should it be called instead?
I don't want to be arbitrarily different from emerald, I want to be better!
I'm not really good with nicknames, but whatever that doesn't give a wrong idea about the hack to the person that's going to play should be fine. Emerald 2 would naturally lead anyone to believe that this is a sequel of Pokémon Emerald, but it's not.

Also, is it me or this doesn't really make sense?
cLZi0Tt.gif

There's no way to cross and iirc, there's normally an item at the right of the Gym's building.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 24, 2017
First, loving the game so far. Emerald is a game I would go back to a lot for a quick run though, and the changes made make it a much more enjoyable and less monotonous play through.

That being said, I've stumbled across an issue. I probably should check to see if the same thing has happened to anyone, but eh...

So I finally get back to Mr.Briney (avoiding his darling deathgull.) We had to Dewford, I finish everything, then we head back to Petalburg so I can get another Ralts to trade for the Horsea in Rustburo. I get that done and head back to Briney's, but the old man is gone along with his boat.

Bug, story trigger or did I simply miss something?

PS: This made me laugh harder than it should have. Wally has the best uncle.
45e48c8358.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2017
After beating Wattson, there's a mini-bug that if you step on the south-most of the downed gym-buttons on the floor, the electrical walls will reappear and trap you in, forcing a reset. Reloading works 100% at least thank god, but I reloaded before the wattson fight in fear that I'd get perma-trapped xdd..

ps.Training for wattson I had to farm levels in the daycare because there is no rematch system. Feelsbadman. It's balanced but it feels no good to train on wild pokes.

edit: also Quick Claw activates properly but, doesn't actually influence my Pokemon's speed-order. My Vulpix will do the animation and text saying that it benefited from Quick Claw but, then right after it will go second in turn order. Sorry if this isn't the place for bugs in any cases.

edit2: The footprints guy at the beginning of the game who normally stops you so that you have to challenge May, has gamebreaking text that causes a crash sometimes.
Peeko who is in that same town, Oldale, at a point in the early story after the first gym asks to take you to mister briney's house but it doesn't function.
On a positive note I'm just after the third gym and I don't believe I've come across any other bugs except 1 or 2 npcs that had empty dialogue functions, but that's no bad.

Last edited:

luuma

Years
After beating Wattson, there's a mini-bug that if you step on the south-most of the downed gym-buttons on the floor, the electrical walls will reappear and trap you in, forcing a reset. Reloading works 100% at least thank god, but I reloaded before the wattson fight in fear that I'd get perma-trapped xdd..

ps.Training for wattson I had to farm levels in the daycare because there is no rematch system. Feelsbadman. It's balanced but it feels no good to train on wild pokes.

edit: also Quick Claw activates properly but, doesn't actually influence my Pokemon's speed-order. My Vulpix will do the animation and text saying that it benefited from Quick Claw but, then right after it will go second in turn order. Sorry if this isn't the place for bugs in any cases.

edit2:

Great catch! I've fixed it now

Wattson probs needs a nerf then, I don't want anyone forced to grind!

Edit1 seems to be fixed in the next patch although god knows what I did right

edit 2 is fixed in the next patch!

Bug, story trigger or did I simply miss something?

Briney can only be in the last place you left him, can you check if he's in slateport for me?? I hope he is!

There's no way to cross and iirc, there's normally an item at the right of the Gym's building.

You access this through petalburg woods

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 24, 2017
Briney can only be in the last place you left him, can you check if he's in slateport for me?? I hope he is!

I can't get to Slateport.

After defeating Brawly and delivering the letter to Steven, I went back to Petalburg to catch a Ralts and do a trade for the Horsea in Rustboro. When I went back to Briney's home, he and the boat were gone, meaning I have to way to get back to Dewford or Slateport. I traveled back to Mauville, but the Aqua Grunts are still blocking the roads.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 19, 2017
Umm so how do you get to the weather institute? There's a kecleon in the road and the route east is cut off by them magma

luuma

Years
I can't get to Slateport.

This is the best description of this bug I've had yet, thank you so much. I've thought I'd fixed it for a long time but it seems to specifically only happen if you don't travel to slateport first. I'm gonna try and replicate it, but is there any chance you could send me your save file? I'm on the discord, and i can send you it back in full working order.

Edit: I cannot replicate this, so I'll definitely need your rom!

Found 1 weird thing and a bug.
one's an intentional reference to magma's mining operation, other's fixed as of a week ago, ty anyway!

Umm so how do you get to the weather institute? There's a kecleon in the road and the route east is cut off by them magma

Have you tried going up the stairs on the right hand side?

do you mean " how do I leave from the weather institute"?

Last edited:
Back