• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Legendary Pokemon distributions all year starting next month

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Yep, 2018 seems to be a legendary year. All legendaries in the opposite game will be dropped, starting with Dialga/Palkia next month. What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I wonder if that means will be getting Shining Legends throughout the rest of the year as well in the TCG. I am hoping for Shining Victini card.

I really only want the Zygarde, do really care about the others, but I am far more intrigued with Pokemon Company confirming Type: Null and SIlvally were Legendary Pokemon, I didn't know that.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
I am far more intrigued with Pokemon Company confirming Type: Null and SIlvally were Legendary Pokemon, I didn't know that.
Don't take the list on the site too seriously, it's incorrect, note that e.g. Mew is missing.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Interesting! So they're doing this again, but with Legendaries rather than Mythicals? I'll have to pay a bit more attention this time haha

Years
The Mythical Pokémon were actually distributed in 2016, which was around the time that Sun and Moon came out on the 3DS. I'm not sure if this means that the Switch Pokémon game will be coming out this year, but one thing that I noticed is that there is no special distribution for December even though it could be perfectly logical to have the Pokémon in that month be Solgaleo and Lunala.

HeroLinik

Years
one thing that I noticed is that there is no special distribution for December even though it could be perfectly logical to have the Pokémon in that month be Solgaleo and Lunala.

Eh, I have a feeling it'll be Zeraora, to be honest. Solgaleo/Lunala is an impossible case because you effectively get given their counterpart, but as a Cosmog. As for Zeraora, they've stayed pretty quiet about him so far because he hasn't been officially revealed, like with Marshadow around this time last year, but they'll probably make a trailer for Zeraora and his event much like they did with Marshadow later down the line, and use it to plug the hole.

Last edited:
Years
I decided to take a look at the distribution of mythical Pokémon that were distributed and they were usually distributed around October and November. I feel like that might be true for Zeraora as well since Marshadow was also given away around October. I know that they aren't going to distribute Solgaleo and Lunala since they didn't write down any distributions. Will there be something coming out around December?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Eh, I have a feeling it'll be Zeraora, to be honest. Solgaleo/Lunala is an impossible case because you effectively get given their counterpart, but as a Cosmog. As for Zeraora, they've stayed pretty quiet about him so far because he hasn't been officially revealed, like with Marshadow around this time last year, but they'll probably make a trailer for Zeraora and his event much like they did with Marshadow later down the line, and use it to plug the hole.
Good idea there which makes sense to me. The other idea would be Zeraora is released earlier despite overlap 9it is a mythical after all) and December is saved for a potential Pokemon Switch release.

Years
I wonder if the giveaways for the Legendary Pokémon would be like the giveaways for the Mythical Pokémon where the Pokémon are given away in stores for one month and the next two sets are via Nintendo Network and the process repeats. That does sound like a possibility since in 2016 you only had to go to stores to get the codes for Mew, Darkrai, Arceus and Genesect.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
SHINY ZYGARDE YESSS
Also, if this event is gonna go the same way as the Mythical distributions, that possibly means March and April are going to be distributed via Nintendo Network/internet, then May is via Gamestop and then the pattern continues.

Also, it's quite curious that there's apparently nothing for December. I'm just gonna say it straight up: I honestly don't think it's going to be Zeraora. Zeraora is a MYTHICAL and this is a LEGENDARY distribution event. If I have to guess here...Actually, I can't think of any good guesses here. I want to say Shiny Necrozma, but that wouldn't be surprising, now would it? Well, that's the only good guess I can think of, aside from them just giving us a Shiny Cosmog/Sogaleo & Lunala or another shiny Tapu. I mean, they're already giving us Shiny Zygarde after what felt like 300 years.

(Oh, and sorry if it somehow looks weird. I'm typing through my phone!)

HeroLinik

Years
Aren't all these legend already in Ultra Sun and moon ?

They actually are. The only difference is you get the one that isn't in the game (for example, Kyogre for US players and Groudon for UM players), which will help greatly in getting the third legendary in the trio. The only real exception is Xerneas/Yveltal (but it's still the opposite legendary for the version) because you don't need them to get Zygarde.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
So that's why Zygarde is Shiny locked. A Shiny Legendary is good and all but it would be nice if there was the option to Shiny Hunt it. Unfortunately I think Zygarde is banned in the Super Battle Tree unlike the Shiny Tapu Koko from last year.

I imagine the gift legendaries here will be Shiny locked although a free Kyogre or Latias is never a bad thing.

Last edited:
Years
I'm looking forward to this, cause whilst I have both US and UM I am not gonna be getting the UM legends any time soon, so I will be happy to SR for those so I can get the third in the sets.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I gotta finish Xenoblade Chronicles 2 before I get back into USUM and get those legendaries.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The first event has started! Dialga or Palkia. Article has been updated with further details. Also the event now also runs in Australia, unsurprisingly.

Years
Good to inform the event is now running!

Definitely need to find some time this weekend to get to an EB Games store so I can get a Dialga for UM. It's nice how this event gives you the opposite legendary of your version, which helps ease the process of getting the legendaries that you need their other trio members for.

Last edited:

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
Years
I got my Dialga! Excited for the Golden Bottle Caps they're holding in USUM.

Also, super curious about the TCG products they're teasing. I always love some new promo cards.

Back