• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Inserting large graphic help

Years
I just spent a long time preparing a graphic to put into an expanded emerald ROM via advance map 1.92. I created a custom pallet and changed all the colors to fit within the parameters.
but once I tried to insert it a couple things happened. first when I tried to insert it I couldn't re-point the data because it said I needed -46 -million-something bytes. that's when I first considered making this post. then I realized the the file I inserted was a .PNG and thought that was the reason. then I re inserted it in bit map format which was the format in which it was extracted as (.BMP to be specific). and it worked, only 6752 bytes this time, but then it got worse. the box saying it was pop up, then I noticed some of the graphics were weird. when I tried to see my graphic in the tiles screen an error box popped up saying, "try to read at pos 0". then I went to different maps and saw the same things. I noticed that all graphics associated with the second map bank were completely gone on every map. needless to say the rom is corrupt. I think the only thing affected was the graphics.

I have successfully inserted graphics before but the difference was that they were a lot smaller.

Back