• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SO MANY ROLEPLAYS!

Years
So, there are a lot of great roleplays around and a more are submitted on a regular basis. When it comes to it, how good are you at resisting that urge to join a really cool looking RP? Do you limit yourself to a certain number of RPs? Do you go crazy and just join pretty much every RP you see? How many RPs are in you in right now? What's the most you have been in at one time before?

Discuss.
or else

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'm decently good, I think. I see a lot of interesting ones, but I haven't joined all of them, haha. I'm happy I can contain myself, haha. I do plan on joining some more at the end of the month, though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
2-3 is my preferred number. As such, I'm quite picky with which ones I join. And when I feel like I don't have the will to play in one anymore, I make sure to let the GM know that I quit.

The worst thing is people who just fade away with no word :(

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
I only really ever play in 1 RP at a time. I'm not really a fast enough writer to participate in more than that. I'd love to participate in many, but I don't want to see RP's get slowed down by my sluggish writing.

Although, currently I am not in an RP. I'm still working on one of my own, as well as not really having much free time at the moment.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
It depends on the pace of the RP. Technically I'm in 4 RPs, but I haven't posted in two of them in months, so they're not really that difficult to keep up with. Typically 2-4 is what I can keep up with nowadays, but at one point when I had free time, I remember I could handle 5-6. At my highest point I think I was in 7, haha. Never again.

Years
I managed to avoid joining Camelot and Gunpowder so I'm in 4 rn (2 of which isn't that active so I'm good). It's the right number for me to still focus on other things (like you know, that thing called life).

What is this life you speak of?

Years
I heard it's even scarier than the fact that there are more boards outside of the Roleplay Theater. Only touch this "life" when absolutely ready.

... Hey, this isn't the hermit thread.

There all hermit threads in the RPT.
We can have whatever topic you like. But any thread made by a hermit is a hermit thread.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There all hermit threads in the RPT.
We can have whatever topic you like. But any thread made by a hermit is a hermit thread.
I'm realizing now that the problem with restraining each thread to one topic is that the wild straying that was prominent in the RPD shouldn't be happening here and we're not used to staying on topic ahhahaha

Is it strange that I'm itching to join another RP when I've barely got time to commit to the ones I'm already in? It's so bad. But it's so much fun to join a new RP. Which is bad. Because it leads to people dropping out too often.

Years
I'm realizing now that the problem with restraining each thread to one topic is that the wild straying that was prominent in the RPD shouldn't be happening here and we're not used to staying on topic ahhahaha

Is it strange that I'm itching to join another RP when I've barely got time to commit to the ones I'm already in? It's so bad. But it's so much fun to join a new RP. Which is bad. Because it leads to people dropping out too often.

It's a feeling I can certainly understand, I had no intentions of joining another RP... then Camelot happened. Still at least I generally stick with RPs to the end.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
If I see something interesting pop up and I actually feel like reading the op I'll most likely join it. Right now I'm only in 4. So I'm not too worried about getting swamped with commitments just yet. just have to resist the urge to make more rps

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Ugghhh back in my heyday *waves walking stick* I used to be part of 4-5 RPs at a time. Nowadays I've limited myself to one (we'll see how long I stick with it xD).

Honestly though there are just a ton of cool RPs that are out/are coming out soon, and I just really wanna be in like all of them. ;___;

Years
If I see something interesting pop up and I actually feel like reading the op I'll most likely join it. Right now I'm only in 4. So I'm not too worried about getting swamped with commitments just yet. just have to resist the urge to make more rps

For your sake I hope you're better at resisting the urge to create roleplays than I am haha

Back