• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Starter Pokémon, Legendaries, Region, Release Date for Sun and Moon Revealed!

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I like rowlet although i am nit a fan of plant pokemon usually. Have to see the evos of the seal...

Outlier

Their evolutions might win me over but the starters themselves look kinda lame imo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The region itself looks great. Love that it seems to be based off of Hawaii.

The starters disappoint me. I like Litten, but the other two not so much. Sure they are cute, but I dunno, they look more like fan art than official starters.

I love the two legendaries though. Especially the Moon mascot. Very interested to see their typings and such.

Years
The hype is real!

I'm definetly taking Rowlet. I mean owls > everything. The other two are ok, the kitten is kinda a tinmy grumpy cat (hope the final stage isn't fire/fighting. I would laugh lol). The water starter is just ok, nothing special yet. The legendaries are both awesome, but I'm taking the moon-mon. It's just awesome <3
But I'm asking myself why many people are alsways disappointed when it comes down to new Pokemon. I mean we just have to look at greninja. First it was hated for it's tongue scarf and now it's one of the most loved pokemon ever xD

blue

gucci
Years
Both legendary mascots have a sort of cosmic glow on their head which seems more apparent when they are attacking, maybe this is one of the ways in which they are connected. Also to note that the coloured glow in their eyes are opposed to their version (Sun legend having a blue-ish glow whilst Moon legend has a more red-ish glow). I can't see any sign of the crystal from those Japanese logos anywhere unless I'm missing it, though it will be interesting to see how and if they are linked to the mascots.

Years
But I'm asking myself why many people are alsways disappointed when it comes down to new Pokemon. I mean we just have to look at greninja. First it was hated for it's tongue scarf and now it's one of the most loved pokemon ever xD

It's because people tend to look at Fakemon art and overhype themselves that by the time the actual designs are revealed, they felt that they don't look as good. Greninja was kinda eh upon reveal to most, but it was its hidden ability that made it so good competitively (even getting banned to Ubers!) that sealed his popularity.

Bay

Years
Pretty much most of the social media I'm on have been mentioning this news, haha.

I think all three starters are cute, but as I mentioned in another thread I'm going for Popplio. I think I prefer the moon's legendary, but I'll wait and see more info on the differences. Probably won't be a lot and probably be just version exclusives, but you never know. I too like that the region's based off Hawaii, should be very fun exploring.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
People say XY were the Gen 1 in certain aspects and feel

I hope SuMo in that regard act as the Gen 2 to XY's Gen 1.

Honestly I'm the other way. Unova paralelled generation one in so many ways which made me consider Kalos as generation two. Then now you've got Alola which is as tropical as Hoenn - which makes me think that these games will be similar to the third generation in a lot of ways.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I see Rowlet gain a Lei necklace. Btw, does anyone else think of Roulette when saying it's name? Perhaps we'll get a gambling owl (a gentleman gambler if the bow tie is anything to go by). Popplio will be a clown seel. While Litten might be an alchemist...

Years
I see Rowlet gain a Lei necklace. Btw, does anyone else think of Roulette when saying it's name? Perhaps we'll get a gambling owl (a gentleman gambler if the bow tie is anything to go by). Popplio will be a clown seel. While Litten might be an alchemist...

So now you're speculating professions/jobs for the starter evolutions? I probably take it with a grain of salt since Popplio will get hated more (remember it's already very unpopular) if it becomes even more of a clown, but hopefully that's not the route they go down.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
CoroCoro leaked some stuff. No new news and they are still promising news for Sun & Moon next month and they will be the main source of news.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
CoroCoro leaked some stuff. No new news and they are still promising news for Sun & Moon next month and they will be the main source of news.

Spoiler:

The amount of people crying about this and shouting that they've been lied to again is pathetic. We got exactly what we were told we'd get. Why the hell are they expecting more?

Years

Spoiler:

And again, we get no proper Sun & Moon-related article, just another article on the upcoming movie. They did promise we will get more news in June which is only a few weeks away.

Maybe next month might finally reveal the names of the legendaries and some details about them. But for now I'm definitely sure they are going to be called Solgaleo and Lunaala since the starters' official Japanese names matched the leaked trademarks - Mokuroh (Rowlet), Nyabby (Litten) and Ashimari (Popplio).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
We didn't need any new news. Why would they announce something new only five days after a huge trailer? It's crazy. Anyone that expected anything or is annoyed has no real reason to be. We've definitely got us enough to last a month. :)

Years
It's only early days of the leaks at the moment so the leaker could discover more, but it wouldn't be surprising if the only article for this month was for more M19 info, especially with what the trailer showcased likely being the news for this month.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I've noticed how in the trailer they speak to the protagonist as if he's new to or visiting Alola. Maybe we'll be from the Kalos region vacationing in Alola and we'll get to go home to finish the Zygarde chapter.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I've noticed how in the trailer they speak to the protagonist as if he's new to or visiting Alola. Maybe we'll be from the Kalos region vacationing in Alola and we'll get to go home to finish the Zygarde chapter.

I think, we've moved to the new region like in Gen 3. Part of the trailer shows packing boxes.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
So I've noticed that Solgaleo and Lunaala 's eyes are the color of the other's "space" behind the text in the box art. The last time the colors were flipped like that were was in Gen V with the color of the legendary's body, and prior to that Charizard (green eyes) and Venusaur (red eyes). Also Groudon and Kyogre's lines in some media where Groudon's are drawn more bluish were flipped. I do wonder if their items will be flipped like the orbs in RS were. In other words the crystals on the logos might be used to summon them (like RS), or it is them (like in BW). The fact the Solgaleo is white/silver and Lunaala has gold at the edges of it's wings might point that that.

Years

As Xander seemed to have pointed out, it appears we'll be a non-native protagonist again, just like in Hoenn and Kalos.

Back