• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokémon Places: Lavender Town

Bay

Years
Having played the virtual console version of the games last month, revisiting Lavender Town and the Pokemon Tower was an enjoyable experience. I agree Lavender Town's morbid tone compared to the rest of the cities in Kanto was an interesting contrast and I remember feeling really sad over the Marowak mother, heh. It was fun reading some of the other folks' experiences there!

Years
Halloween bump :P

So I just read this article, and it was pretty interesting to read what others thought Lavender Town. Lavender Town always stood out to me, since the whole town in general has a different mood than the rest of the cheery routes and towns in the game. I remember reading a lot of lavender town creepypastas some years ago, which certainty did imprint the creepy vibe whenever I entered the area.

It's still one of my favorite locations in Kanto, due to it being so different from the other areas of the game. Also Cubone (which evolves to Marowak, one of my favorite Kanto Pokemon) is catchable there.

Last edited:

littlebeeb

小さなもの
Years
@Radiating stole my thunder with the creepy pastas!

But I agree. The music really painted such a different picture than the rest of Kanto and it was a super intriguing idea- dead Pokemon? Pokemon always fainted so having this unexplained concept allowed us to let our imaginations run with it to come up with our own explanations.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Lavender Town has been a safe spot to me every time I play, after getting out of Rock Tunnel and having my team nearly dead. Most of the time I skip the trainers on the above route so I can reach it quicker.

Last edited:
Back