• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Masks Within Masks [M]

Bay

Years
Peter and Bruno's reunion was sweet only for it to be short lived. Nine taking Bruno away doesn't sound too good.

Seven's interview with the White Knights there looks intense, don't know if I can handle sudden combat like that haha. Wonder if the White Knights's training will be different from Team Rocket's.

Bay

Years
"It is unfortunate that we all have unique capabilities," Nine mused to the man standing before him. "It would be better for everyone if we were all the same, but it's an impossibility borne of an imperfect world. Failing that, one would hope that we could all at least share the same capabilities, but in evolving to fit into a society, different classes emerged to address early civilization's different needs. Thus, inequality in aptitude became a genetic disposition that has endured beyond the point they became a hindrance to cooperation."
That sounds awfully fishy there...

Huh, so Ditto cells huh? Guess that explains how Nine is here now. Yeah, I think it's mention in a previous chapter the puropse of those experiments to make them Pokemon assassins.

Speaking of Ditto, when that Ditto took Seven's place there I'm reminded of the Ditto sidequest in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon haha. I can imagine the White Knights checking Seven but then the fake Seven goes "Di..too?"

Anyways, Cold realization washed over her like a bucket of ice water. "Then how the hell am I getting back up there?"

The tablet flickered, and the words "Holy ****" appeared on the screen before the connection with Thoth died out.

Best reaction from Thoth there.

Bay

Years
"Nope! I got barfed out of a human without any pants on, and we got shot at by dozens of police officers."

Thoth's clock speed dipped as he took in the absurdity of that comment. "I'm really glad I don't have any memory backups."

Indeed you're better off not having those memory backups, Thoth.

Set's "you can't die if you're already dead" he has a point with him already being a ghost and all. The next part with Fourteen not exactly getting the commander's image right I chuckled.

His thoughts snapped back to that meeting, and those present. Commissioner Mason, Officer Peter, and three lucario – the latter had no reason to help Team Rocket, and Peter had plenty of reason to hate the Rockets. If Gregory was a Rocket mole, it would certainly explain the police bungling at Stonebough.

The thought drew a drooping frown on his face. It's entirely possible the police could stab him in the back if that were the case, and all they'd need for an excuse is the illegal use of an EMP.

Bruno opened his mouth, but Nine talked over him. "There are only four groups of people who know about the Mirage Project. Professor Martin is dead. Team Rocket has the files from his public computers, but I doubt they found his private stash. The Justice Committee could only be more tight-lipped about their military secrets if they had their mouths sewn shut. And last, there's me and the few police officers I told in utmost secrecy. Now, unless they thought a traitor or a Justicar leads the White Knights, they have to know I was involved, and the only five living beings that know my secret are Commissioner Mason, Officer Peter, Elder Bayron, and the two lucario Jarem and Kolar."

Bruno flinched at the second name and growled at the last two. Nine studied his reactions before continuing. "The lucario have no love for Team Rocket and its pokemon as tools agenda, no other police officer knows of the meeting, and the room was checked for bugs and psychic tampering before the meeting. That leaves two options."

Next chapter you Nine figured out about the EMP incident, but I think that bolded paragraph probably isn't totally needed since you later have him repeat it to Bruno later. Either way though, wonder what's going to happen with the Commissioner there.

With Admin Colson being captured, sounds like Seven and the others will have to hitch up a new plan there.

Bay

Years
Okay, time for catch up! While I feel bad for Peter being conflicted over the possibility of losing Bruno, the possible "Pokemon will take over the world" scenario I'm getting those same vibes from one of your past works, but that's not a bad thing. I'll wait and see how the rest of the story unfolds before I make more judgment on that.

Heh over Set not like to eat good dreams and him almost getting carried away. I admit, I probably forgot Colson having metal parts/battery with him (or, that's what I'm assuming).

Speaking of Colson, already expected he'll be going under but still sounds painful. Seven and Nine also got to meet, and I admit I still can't get over Ditto genes man. Let's hope she made the right choice in not joining with him.

With the last of her strength, Nine lifted Colson onto her shoulder and staggered towards the door. His eyes were dulled over, and his speech slurred.

"What… what did he say?"

"He wanted me to join him," Nine said, "And I said no." She glanced down at him and added, "He said that you would kill me once you no longer have a use for me."

I think you mixed up Nine and Seven here.

Seven's vision as she shouldered her way through a narrow staircase.

I think you're missing a word in between "Seven's vision as".

Bay

Years
Nine grimaced. "Since that night, yes. I was hoping to find a way to counter their abilities, since I'm fairly sure the Justicar will use them to eliminate me. If I had known this would come of it–"

Peter cut him off by pressing the barrel of his gun up into Nine's ribcage. He held the weapon so his body kept it from view of the officers and Knights behind him.

"I should kill you for what you did."

I think this is a favorite scene of mine of Peter's throughout this story.

Knowing you, I expected Peter to not last the moment he made contact with Bruno, but it's still a brutal scene to read, yikes. I'm sure Bayron reacted badly there.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
From reading your notes and this chapter, I see you're now going for Team Rocket vs Team Plasma. I looked back at Chapter 48 since I pointed out the "Pokemon taking over the world" vibes going on. Guess it makes a bit more sense now with your version of N inspired by "N is a Pokemon theory" going on. I'm mixed on that characterization since in the games N later realize Pokemon and humans can work together, but I don't expect you to go that route prematurely with the way the story's tone is going now. Despite that concern, still interested we're the rest of the story will go. With your version of Ghetsis gone, I wonder how this version of Team Plasma will go.

Bay

Years
Nice little interaction with Seven and Blacksmith there, especially with him being blunt what she needed work on. And oh my over Ghetsis's appearance. I noticed the last few chapters you went with this human/not human theme going on with references to robotics and Seven's ability, and I'm reminded of some fan theories of Ghetsis's arm and eye (gen five has a lot of fan theories it seems haha). Curious how Giovanni and Ghetsis's interaction will go.

Cavespider_17

Charlie
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.K
  • Seen Feb 5, 2024
Overall the chapter was relatively interesting. You displayed in depth knowledge of topics which is important in logic building. I sense more sinister things to come. I assume the White Knights are related to Team Plasma but is it the Neo-Team Plasma or the first Team Plasma? Either way, it is nice to see some of the BW villains such as Ghetsis getting some attention.

Back