• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer's Question

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
Just a very quick question. How many trainer's are allowed to be put into Pokemon Essentials? I added up to 109 trainer's into my game and last night it erased them back to 85 while I was doing a short event/Trainer battle with one of the resent ones put in. Alas I did not back up the file up just in case this happens. It gave me some error but I ignored it and though oh just a small error but it sent me back to 85 trainer's which was the original amount I had when I started. Can someone help me with this?

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I don't know what caused your file to revert, but, if there is a limit, it's probably like 999. I'm at over 100 trainers in the game myself right now, and I haven't had any issues.
I'd give it another go, maybe back up your trainers.txt, and make sure you recompile before facing a trainer that you just added.

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
I don't know what caused your file to revert, but, if there is a limit, it's probably like 999. I'm at over 100 trainers in the game myself right now, and I haven't had any issues.
I'd give it another go, maybe back up your trainers.txt, and make sure you recompile before facing a trainer that you just added.

True. I did recompile before adding the trainer battle. I was just unsure what happened there. It was talking about something about new trainer creation or something. But any way I just went back and updated the old sprites I had with the new ones.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
There's no limit on the number of trainers, as far as I'm aware.

Without further information, I couldn't say what happened.

Back