• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] "Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Got all this for Chirstmas but haven't opened anything yet, so I'm going to open the roaring skies booster just for this post:

Spoiler:

Roaring Skies booster: Latios Spirit Link, Double Dragon Energy, and M Gallade EX.

Nice one-off pull.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So I splurged a little this holiday season and got myself some boosters. Not gonna lie I'm pretty thrilled with the results! I would post my own pics but that would require not being lazy soooo..

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And finally...
Spoiler:

eeeEEEEEEEEE!

Years
Opened my second Christmas pack tonight. Just the Crimson Invasion booster since it's so late, though.

Trainers: Fighting Memory, Counter Catcher
Rare: Primeape
Counter Catcher is nice but yesterday's pack was way more exciting.

So I splurged a little this holiday season and got myself some boosters. Not gonna lie I'm pretty thrilled with the results! I would post my own pics but that would require not being lazy soooo..

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And finally...
Spoiler:

eeeEEEEEEEEE!

I'm very jealous of that set of pulls. Especially Alolan Ninetales and Tapu Lele.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened a Sun and Moon booster box today, it's my first booster box since February and my first Sun and Moon booster box.

I got

Psychic Energy SR
Solgaleo GX RR
Gumshoos GX FA
Lurantis GX
Lunala Gx
Tauros GX
Gumshoos GX
5 holos (Oranguru, Arcanine, Kangaskhan, Toxapex, Ribombee)

Surprisingly all the textured cards are perfectly cut. Usually the black/rainbow border line is closer to the edge on one side. It's actually more noticable on the full art GX's then in XY because of the line.

Last edited:
Years
Opened a Sun & Moon booster on the TCGO because it was quick and easy to open.

Rare: Crabominable
Other interesting cards: Repel

I opened a Sun and Moon booster box today, it's my first booster box since February and my first Sun and Moon booster box.

I got

Psychic Energy SR
Solgaleo GX RR
Gumshoos GX FA
Lurantis GX
Lunala Gx
Tauros GX
Gumshoos GX

Surprisingly all the textured cards are perfectly cut. Usually the black/rainbow border line is closer to the edge on one side. It's actually more noticable on the full art GX's then in XY because of the line.

How much did the booster box cost you?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018

I got

Psychic Energy SR
Solgaleo GX RR
Gumshoos GX FA
Lurantis GX
Lunala Gx
Tauros GX
Gumshoos GX

Do you typically open the whole booster box in one sitting?

I've only purchased 2, and each one I opened over the course of about 2 weeks, opening a few packs a day.

Granted, I'm meticulous about staying at least relatively caught up on cataloguing my cards into my Pokecardex app.

Years
Opened my Ultra Beasts GX Premium Collection from Christmas today.

Steam Siege Pack: Clawitzer
Evolutions Pack: M Pidgeot EX, Maintenance, Switch
Sun & Moon Pack: Golduck, Timer Ball
Fates Collide Pack: White Kyurem, Fairy Garden, Team Rocket's Handiwork
Guardians Rising Pack 1: Victreebel
Guardians Rising Pack 2: Pangoro, Aqua Patch, Energy Lotto
Burning Shadows Pack 1: Electivire, Sophocles, Wishful Baton
Burning Shadows Pack 2: Passimian, reverse holo Lana

About where I expected 8 packs to be, but not worth the price the collection probably cost.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Booster boxes of sets still in standard are usually 80-90 dollars. Right now some Black and White boxes I opened in 2014 for 80-90 are now 200. Personally I would love to open another Boundaries Crossed box but they are too expensive now.

I typically open a booster box in 30 minutes. I've opened 2 cases before, Ancient Origins in Sept-Nov 2015 and Evolutions in November 2016. With Ancient Origins I spread it out over 3 months opening 3 boxes in Sept, 1 in October and the final 2 in November.

Years
The Black & White era booster boxes being $200 seems crazy to me, even if they are out of print. Remnants from the Pokemon GO and 20th Anniversary induced revival, maybe?

Opened a Burning Shadows ETB today.

Pack 1: reverse holo Crabominable, Persian, Guzma, Super Scoop Up
Pack 2: reverse holo Weavile, Heracross, Lana
Pack 3: Escape Rope, Acerola, reverse holo Scolipede, Machamp GX
Pack 4: Butterfree, Weakness Policy, Po Town
Pack 5: Sophocles, reverse holo Kiawe, FA Plumeria
Pack 6: reverse holo Kingdra, Meowstic, Acerola
Pack 7: Plumeria, Charizard GX
Pack 8: Wicke, Sophocles, FA Machamp GX

Hell of an ETB with 4 ultra rare and above cards, plus 5 rares in the reverse holo slot.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Booster boxes of sets still in standard are usually 80-90 dollars. Right now some Black and White boxes I opened in 2014 for 80-90 are now 200. Personally I would love to open another Boundaries Crossed box but they are too expensive now.

I typically open a booster box in 30 minutes. I've opened 2 cases before, Ancient Origins in Sept-Nov 2015 and Evolutions in November 2016. With Ancient Origins I spread it out over 3 months opening 3 boxes in Sept, 1 in October and the final 2 in November.

30 minutes! My goodness that's quick lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
Opened a Burning Shadows TCGO pack today. Rare was just Pasimian and other cards of not were just a single Tormenting Spray.

When you get as many cards in at a time as Maserati does, you tend to open things as you get them so there's no backlog.

I guess so lol.

I wish I had that problem {XD}

Years
I was opening some Call of Legends a little bit back that I had purchased for a good deal on Amazon and I ended up pull a holo Solrock as well as a hecking Shiny Lugia from the set. I was quite thrilled, especially to see it was in near-mint condition and near-mints go for around $80

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened the Silvally Figure box today as well as a Decidueye 3 pack and some single packs. A few days ago I opened 11 Dollar Tree packs.

Dollar Tree packs: Kiawe Full Art
Silvally box: Silvally Gx, it was actually in an error pack, the pack of Crimson Invasion contained 4 energies instead of uncommons... In case ou were wondering the energies were Fighting, Lightning, Water and Fire. I've opened packs before that had uncommons in place of the commons. Including the same 3 cards at the front of the pack and at the end of the pack back in the XY days. I see quality control is still asleep at the job.
Decidueye pack: Buzzwole Gx
Loose packs: Kommo-o Gx, Politoed Holo, Aggron Holo, Dhelmise Holo.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I opened a Shining Legends Mewtwo box and a Shining Legends Marshadow box.

I pulled the rainbow rare Mewtwo and another Raichu Gx.

Now the only cards I need from Shining Legends are Shining Volcanion, Rainbow Rare Entei and Pokemon Breeder full art.

Last edited:
Years
Very nice.

I went to a prerelease for Ultra Prism on Saturday and went 3-0. Here's the cards I pulled in the prerelease pack:
Spoiler:

The promos I won for going 3-0:
Spoiler:

And the pulls from the 3 participation packs I got for playing all 3 rounds:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

bunnybird12

I went to a prerelease for Ultra Prism on Saturday and went 3-0. Here's the cards I pulled in the prerelease pack:
Spoiler:

The promos I won for going 3-0:
Spoiler:

And the pulls from the 3 participation packs I got for playing all 3 rounds:
Spoiler:

Nice!! I love Sivally's artwork.

I opened my first Shining Legends packs from a Zoroark GX box today and this is what I got (including box promo):

Spoiler:

Also got a RA Entei GX from one of the online codes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back