• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Pixel stuff and sketches

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Heya :o I don't actually do pixel art often anymore, but I've got a lot of old Pok?mon-related stuff that I enjoyed a lot, and this seems like a good place to show it off. I might be getting back into this sort of thing sometime, too. All of it's on display at http://taviturnip.deviantart.com where I post all my pixel stuff.

generation_vi_starter_icons_by_renaturnip-d5qy0e2.gif
sylveon_icon_by_renaturnip-d5wenfd.gif

cute_mawile_icon_by_renaturnip-d8di6r9.gif
mega_mawile_icon_by_renaturnip-d8dmutr.gif

hi_res_mantyke_sprite_by_renaturnip-d8eylaa.gif

This was all mostly dA-related stuff.

526f9b11483fd73d6b58e15fafce4562-d65h50w.gif
mexi2d_by_renaturnip-d66nwjq.gif

These were Fakemon I did for a project.

mspaintmasterpiece2_by_renaturnip-d8uf3lm.gif

This was a parody I did based on Gen V's gym leader cut-ins :D

Last edited:

TaviTurnip

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
oh these are nice :)
i really like the parody even if it's just a parody haha

I appreciate it, thank you <3

Question about the rules/guidelines (it didn't seem to be addressed on the written rules), would it make more sense to include other forms of art in this same thread (like drawings) or to make a separate thread for that too? I'm not likely to post many more pixel things soon, so.

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
The parrot bird Fakemon is really cool. Do you have backsprites for it? If you did, and you did not mind, I would love to ask to use it in a project. (I understand if not because you want to keep them for only your project).
The little guy to the left of that is cool too, like a little swampy grass type Wooper or something.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I appreciate it, thank you <3

Question about the rules/guidelines (it didn't seem to be addressed on the written rules), would it make more sense to include other forms of art in this same thread (like drawings) or to make a separate thread for that too? I'm not likely to post many more pixel things soon, so.

Hey! Awesome art! n_n

You can include any type of art (besides written art) into your showcase thread. Any medium is fine, so definitely don't hold back!

TaviTurnip

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Hey! Awesome art! n_n

You can include any type of art (besides written art) into your showcase thread. Any medium is fine, so definitely don't hold back!

Noted, and thanks~

The parrot bird Fakemon is really cool. Do you have backsprites for it? If you did, and you did not mind, I would love to ask to use it in a project. (I understand if not because you want to keep them for only your project).
The little guy to the left of that is cool too, like a little swampy grass type Wooper or something.
I would be the opposite of upset if someone used them... but no, there are no backsprites, sorry :< I might consider it as a future project, since I could use an excuse to do pixels again, honestly. I wouldn't be upset if someone else did backsprites either, but, I haven't got any :P

I'll update this thread tomorrow with some drawings when I've got more time, those things aside.

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
I would be the opposite of upset if someone used them... but no, there are no backsprites, sorry :< I might consider it as a future project, since I could use an excuse to do pixels again, honestly. I wouldn't be upset if someone else did backsprites either, but, I haven't got any :P

Well tbh I would butcher it trying to make a backsprite, but I like the design so I will keep an eye on your thread. :)

TaviTurnip

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I'll see what I can do about backsprites one day :P The idea has me interested.

Anyways! As far as sketches go... There's one character from Pokémon in particular I've drawn a lot of. Kris from Crystal (and a fan character from Twitchplayspokemon based on her, who looks similar) is a favorite of mine and has gotten a lot of love from me over the years. She's the only one I've really drawn anything substantial about :laugh-squinted:

tumblr_opvnbqQlSm1v9grjgo1_1280.png

tumblr_opvncgjCxz1v9grjgo1_1280.png
rSFRo1J.png

tumblr_p6b8v4iwYa1v9grjgo1_540.png

tumblr_p6b8v4iwYa1v9grjgo2_1280.png

Aside from that, there's also a little personal project I started working on, but sadly lost the time to continue, for a little while. Nae and Midori, a partnership with big dreams that I haven't shared around much.

OCLdtFQ.png

3yjvrua.png

V9qnOF1.png

That's it, I think. I kinda do this a lot more than I do pixel stuff nowadays <3

Back