• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best/Coolest Teacher?

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I know this seems a little late (being a graduate and all), but I want to ask; What is the best and/or coolest teacher you had? My best/coolest teacher would have to be my High School English teacher, Miss Harris. I was placed into a special needs English because of my disability (not disclosing for privacy reasons) along with going through Hell my freshman year, to which she was patient with me when I was not doing so good. Likewise, I felt like my writing could florish due to the relaxed and calm environment (I'm going to college for Journalism). We would always drop by the Noble Warriors Breakfast when there was one once everyone had passed and even got breakfast on our last day of classes.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
My computer course elective my senior year. Mostly playing games, computer fixes and great friends and teacher. My favorite class ever.

Sadly, I don't really remember my teacher's name though. It was so casual we always just called him Rob.

semi

the magnificent steiner
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
my art teacher was undeniably cool, as she was funny, youthful and professional all wrapped up into one. needless to say that i liked her quite a bit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I didn't particularly like or dislike most of my teachers but I also was an outcast so they probably didn't notice I existed most of the time. I guess I'd say most of my senior year classes were enjoyable and my teachers were pretty chill but not pushovers.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
the professor I had for petrology and field camp would go drinking with us

he had a thing for Patrón iirc

Bay

Years
My high school government teacher was like the nicest teacher I had. He was calm whenever answering our questions, great moderator during debates, and he even taught us how to do taxes in one class session. And an extra bonus he actually gave me a novel I wanted as a gift haha.

Years
I had mostly really good teachers from childhood to adulthood, but I think very fondly of one college level teacher I had Kimberly Rhodes, who is currently teaching at the Chicago Art Institute. She was an art history teacher I had and she was very fun. I took more than one class with her even though art was not my major, just because I thought she was a great teacher and thought it was worth doing electives with her just because I would enjoy myself and learn. I really loved her history of photographer class and learned so much about many different inventions from the Claude glass to the Talbotype. We had great assignments and projects like visiting a chamber that functioned as a camera obscura. I saw fascinating works of art and came to know so many different photographers from all around the world. She invited guest artists to lecture and once we went on an epic field trip to Washington D.C and visited the National Gallery.

I still have the art books from her class and won't resell them. For one they are interesting, two they remind me of my favorite teacher who is now far away from me.

She made a great impact on me and I ended up double majoring just because of her and she took me on and became my adviser at her request. We had a lot in common because she had actually started as a creative writing major like me before turning to art.

She was intelligent, pretty and sunny blonde with glasses. Still she was the firm though, you had to take her class seriously and you had tests. But she was a good teacher, it was a good balance of innovative and leadership.

Years
I've been lucky in that while I've had a handful of dreadful teachers, I've also had a lot of really good ones. I think my year eight homeroom teacher was probably the best though. I was a really different person back then and going through a really turbulent period where I lashed out really easily and he probably played a part in getting me to make the effort to improve myself. He was also a great teacher though, very good at catering for the different needs of the various students. I spent a lot of time in some subjects studying at my own pace because the rest of the class was a ways behind me and I always had something prepared for me.

My year 11 Politics and Law teacher was also really good. She did a really great job of getting us interested and involved in the subject matter and would actively engage us in discussing the subject matter in a way that a lot of teachers don't do any more by that age. Plus she was just generally a nice lady that took an interest in her students.

Back