The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

View Poll Results: Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?
Yes 7 36.84%
No 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 21st, 2012 (2:22 PM).
la justice

Nature: Timid
You should make it. :) It's your idea. I'd hate if I posted an idea and someone submitted it even though I planned on doing so haha. Luckily, I can stop that from happening since I'm the one threads have to go through lol. Just make sure you're able to play when you post it.

some princes don't become kings.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 21st, 2012 (3:44 PM).
NERF THIS!

Nature: Adamant
Okay, made and sent! Now you can all join me on my death trip adventure. Thanks for the support! :D
Old September 22nd, 2012 (5:51 AM).
King Of Water Pokemon

theres pmd challenges but what about pokemon conquest i dont think ive seen a challenge based on that yet - what about a mono type challenge on pokemon conquest
    rules: when you (the hero) has a eevee everyone in your army must have a normal type parter but as soon as your eevee evolves to lets say vaporeon everyone else on your team must have a water type partner .. so if i was playing this challenge and i evolved my eevee into vaporeon and oichi only had jigglypuff or wigglytuf and no water type partner i would have to make oici leave the team and/or put her at a conquered castle were the only type aloud to defend that castle is normal .. and if my eevee evolved into a flareon and one of my allies had a charizard wich is fire and flying type he could defend a castle for fire or flying types? this probably needs criticising so yeah :) if people like this challenge i would definitely do it

Smaug

The Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence
    FireRed, SoulSilver, Ruby, Pearl, Black2, Y
    Old September 22nd, 2012 (8:42 AM).
    Challenge God

Nature: Sassy
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by niallmuz View Post
      theres pmd challenges but what about pokemon conquest i dont think ive seen a challenge based on that yet - what about a mono type challenge on pokemon conquest
      rules: when you (the hero) has a eevee everyone in your army must have a normal type parter but as soon as your eevee evolves to lets say vaporeon everyone else on your team must have a water type partner .. so if i was playing this challenge and i evolved my eevee into vaporeon and oichi only had jigglypuff or wigglytuf and no water type partner i would have to make oici leave the team and/or put her at a conquered castle were the only type aloud to defend that castle is normal .. and if my eevee evolved into a flareon and one of my allies had a charizard wich is fire and flying type he could defend a castle for fire or flying types? this probably needs criticising so yeah :) if people like this challenge i would definitely do it
      Suddenly, I remember what I was going to do with my first paycheck! To Walmart I go!
      I don't really know the specifics of Pokemon Conquest yet, so I don't think I can critique your challenge, but I would definitely like to see some kind of PC (that's going to be annoying) challenge sometime!
      Old September 22nd, 2012 (9:56 AM).
      la justice

I'd love for there to be more spin off challenges, or game specific challenges really. However, I don't have Conquest so since I don't know the mechanics, I can't really critique it either. :( I suppose I could go read up on it but lol...that'd take a while, and that's not how I want to spend my last free Saturday I'll have in months.

Old September 22nd, 2012 (11:20 AM).
      Challenge God

You guys off this week? We're basically off (Akron, 35 pt. favorites), but I'm working because I like getting paid to watch football games.

The only sort of 'bad' thing about spinoffs is that I'm assuming a lot of people don't have the games. I have 2 PMD's and Coll., and I really don't know why I have all of them, I rarely ever play them.
        Old September 22nd, 2012 (11:27 AM).
        la justice

Yeah, we didn't go with the team for the game today and we're not playing at the local competition, which is pretty surprising.

Yeah, I don't have Conquest myself, and it's still fairly new. People don't run out for spin offs like they do main games, so less people are gonna have it I think. Though spin offs are played differently and it would be nice to see more challenges for them with more creative ways to play. It'd be interesting. I'm not a huge fan of spin offs though, so eh.

Old September 23rd, 2012 (11:17 AM).
        King Of Water Pokemon

its easy to find on rom, and is it worth making a challenge for do you think?

Smaug

Old September 23rd, 2012 (1:09 PM).
          My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by niallmuz View Post
          its easy to find on rom, and is it worth making a challenge for do you think?
          As much as it pains me to say so, I'd say no. I can't see there being enough people who have played the game and that would want to do so again already with a challenge. Though I didn't really enjoy Conquest as much as other games, so I may be biased.
          Old September 23rd, 2012 (9:18 PM).
          Challenge God

Well hm, I did in fact get the ROM, which WAS in fact easy to get, and so far, it just feels like an average game to me. Mind you I don't think I'm very far,
            Spoiler:
            I have the Fighting/Electric/Bug castles unlocked, and I'm building up my army at the moment
            but I don't really see how much harder a monotype would be. It would be hard in the sense of I think you might have to duo the game with Jigglypuff for quite a while until you can get a stone (which I don't know how to yet, do you just find them in battles like the other items?) because I'm pretty sure you start out in the normal castle, but there aren't any normal trainers to try to recruit, only wild Pokemon. Its not a bad game, but nothing spectacular. I might do a monotype when I play through it once though.
            Old September 24th, 2012 (7:08 AM).
            King Of Water Pokemon

Quote:
              Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
              Well hm, I did in fact get the ROM, which WAS in fact easy to get, and so far, it just feels like an average game to me. Mind you I don't think I'm very far,
              Spoiler:
              I have the Fighting/Electric/Bug castles unlocked, and I'm building up my army at the moment
              but I don't really see how much harder a monotype would be. It would be hard in the sense of I think you might have to duo the game with Jigglypuff for quite a while until you can get a stone (which I don't know how to yet, do you just find them in battles like the other items?) because I'm pretty sure you start out in the normal castle, but there aren't any normal trainers to try to recruit, only wild Pokemon. Its not a bad game, but nothing spectacular. I might do a monotype when I play through it once though.
              okay i wont make a challenge in it unless it gets popular aha and to get moon stone you can either luckiyl find it after a battle or later in the game theres a travelling salesmen wich you can buy all the evo stones from. and if you want to evolve your eevee into leafeon just win a battle in the grass castle with about 80% link but id recomend evolving eevee into glaceon because the last castle is quite hard unless you have an ice type :)

Smaug

Old September 24th, 2012 (10:14 AM). Edited September 24th, 2012 by bctincher15.
              blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Nature: Relaxed
                Quote:
                Spoiler:
                You can go to Serebii, they have a lot of guides.
                Here's a link: http://www.serebii.net/conquest/

Hope I helped. :)

I also agree with niallmuz, evolve Eevee into Glaceon, it will help you a lot.

My wife and I share my PSN account.
                Old September 24th, 2012 (11:47 AM).
                la justice

HELLO EVERYONE SHOULD GO SIGN UP FOR GTX CHALLENGE EVENT :) :) :)

Old September 25th, 2012 (4:10 AM). Edited September 25th, 2012 by 11wildy.
                Me!

Nature: Rash
                  Nvm, found it. But I'm still thinking if I wanna join it.. Since I kind of want to combine every challenge with a monotype.. XD
                  Old September 25th, 2012 (6:18 AM).
                  Challenge God

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by 11wildy View Post
                    Nvm, found it. But I'm still thinking if I wanna join it.. Since I kind of want to combine every challenge with a monotype.. XD
                    There's no reason you can't make it a monotype.
                    Old September 25th, 2012 (8:49 AM).
                    Me!

But it's difficult to find a type it actually works for. Since gifts are pretty evenly distributed and I did some of the most common ones already :p I'm still puzzling for it though ^^
                      Old September 25th, 2012 (2:37 PM). Edited September 25th, 2012 by jdthebud.
                      Engineering Solutions

Nature: Lax
                      http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289115

Challenge event link for any interested. Be sure to get there before 11:59 CT Sept 25 if you want the full package. You can join after but it won't be as immersive.

Myrrhman, you gonna participate?
                      Old September 25th, 2012 (8:11 PM).
                      la justice

I'm stressing so hard lol. I have a math test Friday that I'm getting ready for everyday/night this week (bad at math, second time taking this course, I have the worst teacher ever) and this is all during GT week. v_v WHY did they have to have it now and not in summer when there's nothing to do? Seriously. I'm still pissed off about that. lol Also worried cause no one is signing up for games that can trade with each other in the emulator version of the challenge. And I won't even have much time to play mine. Then there's a challenge event that start October 1st (luckily we have a month for that because it's a challenge event, not a GT event) and yeah.

rant rant rant blah blah blah i am going to cry from frustration v_v

Old September 25th, 2012 (8:45 PM).
                      Engineering Solutions

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
                      I'm stressing so hard lol. I have a math test Friday that I'm getting ready for everyday/night this week (bad at math, second time taking this course, I have the worst teacher ever) and this is all during GT week. v_v WHY did they have to have it now and not in summer when there's nothing to do? Seriously. I'm still pissed off about that. lol Also worried cause no one is signing up for games that can trade with each other in the emulator version of the challenge. And I won't even have much time to play mine. Then there's a challenge event that start October 1st (luckily we have a month for that because it's a challenge event, not a GT event) and yeah.

rant rant rant blah blah blah i am going to cry from frustration v_v
                      doesn't matter if you can't trade b/w emulators, right, since we are swapping sav files?
                      Old September 25th, 2012 (10:43 PM).
                      Me!

Sydian, don't worry, just take the test and see how genius you are ;) And in the breaks you should take from studying you can play the challenge :D. You'll be fine^^
                        Old September 26th, 2012 (6:12 AM).
                        Challenge God

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
                          doesn't matter if you can't trade b/w emulators, right, since we are swapping sav files?
                          We're not swapping the sav files, we're swapping the pokemon on the files. Some people like to get items at different times and stuff, and I for instance would be a little pissed if I opened a game and they were at like Cinnibar Island without Fly. At least I could just teach a new Pokemon Fly (assuming they had a flying type, mind you.)
                          Old September 26th, 2012 (10:56 AM).
                          Engineering Solutions

Quote:
                          We're not swapping the sav files, we're swapping the pokemon on the files. Some people like to get items at different times and stuff, and I for instance would be a little pissed if I opened a game and they were at like Cinnibar Island without Fly. At least I could just teach a new Pokemon Fly (assuming they had a flying type, mind you.)
                          oh, okay, that wasn't real clear in the description.
                          Old September 26th, 2012 (8:29 PM).
                          la justice

Well at this rate, idk if anyone's gonna get to trade lol. v_v Remind me to not run this type of event with such a small time constraint...so who's ready for the October event that was actually supposed to be September event but I was sick and away at the beginning of September so we're having it in October?! YEAH! You'll have a month. :3

Old September 26th, 2012 (10:02 PM).
                          Me!

Awesomeness! Just remind me to finish the current one before the time runs out >.< I will have to do some sick playing saturday probably to get it done. Seeing I'm just behind Whitney and I still have to do a Chansey hunt.. O_O
                            Old September 28th, 2012 (7:42 PM).
                            la justice

I wouldn't worry about the time constraint for the GT event. Everyone gets the emblem regardless because the event was so bad. I posted a hint as to what the October event is about in that thread btw. Hmmmmmmm. It's for any game as well, so it's not like the Christmas or St. Patrick's Day events from last year. All games are welcome.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply