• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Solo Challenge

Years
I have completed a few more but I was too lazy to post them lol

1) Completed Foretress on Gold, if you want a painful and challenging run do this, this thing gets no good moves so it was sooooo frustrating to complete it .-."
Spoiler:

Final stats:
205.gif

Jack|Male|Lvl 93|@Amulet Coin
Toxic
Strength
Giga Drain
Spikes​

2. Groudon, I did this one on Red randomizer, it was pretty fun and easy because it's a legendary :D
Spoiler:

383.gif

Terra|Lvl 68
Fire Blast
Mega Punch
Earthquake
Thundebolt​

3) Whimsicott, also done on red randomizer, it wasn't that bad but man the forest was a royal pain because I made it so that randomizer added fairy types, yeah I loved weedles .-." Had to grind like a madman until I was like level 20 before I could go past them without getting poisoned every ten seconds D:
Spoiler:

547.gif

Cottonball|Lvl 76
Mega Drain
Growth
Tri Attack
Psychic​

4. Bibarel, did this one on Red randomizer as well because I needed something easy to do+ Bibarel is cute :D
Spoiler:

400.gif

Justin|Lvl 74
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
Surf
Ice Beam​

5) Completed Probopass on platinum and this one legit took me months to complete because I kept losing motivation, I had a loooot of troubles with fighting type gym leader and had to level up to level 50 before I could finally beat her, ground type elite 4 was also fun and took me a lot of resets to complete, I was worried about Cynthia though but for some reason the AI went completely dumb and garchomp kept spamming giga impact, that was pretty fun lol
Spoiler:

Final stats:
476.gif

Mariona|Female|Lvl 78|Sturdy|@Soft Sand
Discharge
Earth Power
Rock Slide
Flash Cannon​

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
1) Completed Foretress on Gold, if you want a painful and challenging run do this, this thing gets no good moves so it was sooooo frustrating to complete it .-."
.....Welp. I better go get my will ready. I mean, sure, I've already done Sunflora and Ledian along with Luvdisc on Emerald, but if it's as bad as you say it is, then yeaaah, totally gonna get my will ready.

On a totally unrelated note, I finally got that infamous Furret solo done. It turned into another mindless "spam this STAB move while holding the item to increase that type's power and mash your Z key while holding down the speedup button" runs. Sure, I should be sleeping, but I finished a 2 and a half hour stream before blazing through the rest of the run.

162.png

Speedy (Furret) Lv. 75 @ Pink Bow
Moves: Ice Punch, Quick Attack, Mud-Slap, Return (AKA the spammed move once I got it)

And now with Furret finally done, I think the time has come for another solo run I've been dreading. No, it's not something terrible like the Magcargo, Piloswine, Murkrow, Delibird, Blissey, or some other terrible mon that I didn't list (like Ariados because it's next on the Gen 2 hitlist since I intend to do Meganium last). No, instead, it's time at long last for...

181.png

The Gen 4 Ampharos solo. Cue the dramatic music, because this is probably going to be a hard one because of a certain champion's Ground/Dragon and Gastrodon.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Updating my Pokemon Ruby solo Blaziken challenge.
In this part I went to the seaside Cycling Road and battle some trainers with Magnemite and Voltrob. Then go back to the Mauville City and head to Verdanturf Town.

Youtube video: #9 Seaside Cycling Road

Combusken (Male)
Ability: Blaze
Level: 34
Nature: Mild
- Double Kick
- Ember
- Peck
- Quick Attack

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Again, updating my Pokemon Ruby solo Blaziken challenge.
This part I went to the Verdanturf Town to get my Contest Pass. And then move to the Rusturf Tunnel, use Rock Smash to unite Wanda and her boyfriend. After that I went to the Rustboro City to grab our Exp Share from the Mr. Stone.

Youtube video: #10 Verdanturf & Rusturf Tunnel

Blaziken (Male)
Ability: Blaze
Level: 36
Nature: Mild
- Double Kick
- Ember
- Peck
- Blaze Kick

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Finally have another update for one of my solo challenges! Beat Emerald for my Charizard ultimate challenge. Now on to Platinum! But first I'm going to try to focus on finishing off my other challenges, namely my Jynx, Venusaur, and Ampharos challenges.

I'm going to try updating the OP right now as well. Only reason I haven't is because right now my internet is absolute trash and shuts off on me very often so I haven't even bothered to update out of fear of it not working on me. Should hopefully have that problem fixed within a week or two however :]

Challenge
Spoiler:
vtsNXCi.png
qr00Giy.png
a16xyxm.png

006.png

Igneel
Level 68 | Male | Naughty | Blaze
Flamethrower | Aerial Ace | Overheat | Earthquake​

Update
Sure as hell I go to update the OP and my internet shut off for about 5 or so hours RIGHT AS I WAS ABOUT TO HIT SAVE CHANGES! Anyway, it came back on just now and I got the OP all updated for everyone. Here's hoping I get this all sorted out before the next time I update...

Last edited:

metroid711

Thumbs up~
Years
Yo!
Haven't done one of these in a bit. So i'm gonna do one!

Username: Metroid711
Partner Pok?mon: Torterra
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single
Game(s): Platinum
Previous Progress: No

Gonna start soon!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
That feeling when you take so long your name has been removed from the challenger list.

Guess I'm signing up again.

Username: Natnew
Partner Pokemon: Happiny
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Pearl
Previous Progress: Yes

Currently: One gym defeated. Just beat Team Galactic at the Valley Windworks. About to enter Eterna Forest. Also, extremely glad Happiny is in the fast leveling group, while annoyed at the large number of pokemon which resist HP Steel.

Spoiler:

So... Should I show my past challenges? I probably should.

Spoiler:

Finally, here's an image of why it took so long:

Spoiler:

I'm terrified of the third gym (fighting!), though I'll probably have fire blast by then, which is worlds better than HP steel.

Years
161.png
Villeroy Lv.82 @ Quick Claw
- Return
- Amnesia
- Shadow Claw
- Quick Attack​

Checking in with an update, I just defeated Lance. I honestly was not expecting to beat him and I had the hardest time, but with a bit of much needed luck I took the title. The E4 wasn't much of a challenge.

Being really overleveled now (ugh, all that grinding...), I wonder if Kanto will be as easy as I am expecting it to be. I am currently on the S.S. Anne. Here we go, Villeroy...

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
Hey guys - I am back again with another solo completed, but this time i felt the need for a change of scene, and decided to be true to my name and do a Sceptile solo run in Pokemon Ruby. I chose Pokemon Ruby instead of Emerald because it made the run a little bit easier with the way pickup is coded in R/S rather than in games later on. Pickup in R/S is coded so that it doesn't matter what level you are, the items you get are the same whether you're level 100 or level 6. I used this to my advantage and gathered around 15 rare candies throughout my journey as well as items such as revives and tons of Super Potions. I figure I will be doing this same mehod while completing other Hoenn solo's

Anyways, here's the final pokemon
254.png

Sceptile
Level 70
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Slam
- Rock Tomb

He was a very good sceptile and was really fun to use. 10/10 best pokemon ever created

Here's the Imgur Album if any of you care

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 21, 2017
Username: Oathkeeper_Oblivion
Partner Pokemon: Floette
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): X(3/8), Omega Ruby(0/8), Moon

Last edited:

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
I'm going to do a few more Hoenn solo's, and I figured I'd actually post a signup this time lol, I guess I'll just be going in order so...

Username: The Sceptile King
Partner Pokemon: Blaziken
Game(s): Emerald (makes it a little harder on me)
Previous Progress: Nah

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
So before I put up the signup for my next solo (AKA dread time because it's another bad one the likes of Sunflora, Gen 3 Pikachu, Ledian, and Luvdisc), I'd like to present the previous solo runs I had already completed on the old thread prior to my name change (from KoboraX to BlissyMKW). Why am I just bringing this up now? Well...I kinda forgot about it for a while.

For Gen 1, I apparently did Kingler despite having no memory of that run, Seadra, Seaking, Starmie, and Lapras. Why haven't I done Blastoise yet? That's a good question.

Gen 2 is the big one. There's Seaking for some reason, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Furret (which should already have been done on this thread), Noctowl, Ledian, Crobat, Togetic, Amphy, Politoed, and the infamous Sunflora.

Gen 3, other than that painful Pikachu solo, I know I did Amphy because it's the only reason the Platinum Ampharos solo is going to be a thing. Amphy was also done on FR/LG.

With that aside, let's get on with the next Gen 2 run. Pray for my victory, folks, because I'm going to dread this next one.

Username: BlissyMKW
Partner Pokemon: Ariados
Game(s): Gold
Previous Progress: Nope

3 hours later and the run's done. It was pretty bad relying on Poison Sting at first, but once Dig came around and I got overleveled, it turned into "autopilot run" with Sludge Bomb and Leech Life, which was surprisingly handy for this one. I've learned not to underestimate pre Gen 7 Leech Life.

Team Zero (Final)

168.png

Spiderman (Ariados) Lv. 78 @ Quick Claw, our lord and savior
Moves: Sludge Bomb, Night Shade, Leech Life, Dig

BZS8e8tQTmWZfK-GIibSkw.png

Gen 4 Amphy is coming soon, then another Gen 2 run. Might be Pichu for the despair, might just get Jumpluff out of the way. Not too sure yet.

Last edited:
Years
So I've been doing these challenges, deliberately picking interesting/very weak Pokemon and posting updates to my friends on a Facebook for about a year and 4 months now, which means I have 5 of these runs tidied up and am working on a 6th. Is there any need to provide proof, like a picture of the hall of fame? If so I can Collect them and add those in. Otherwise, these are the runs I have completed so far.

Username: Serman
Partner Pokemon: Krabby
Game(s): Blue
Previous Progress: Completed

Partner Pokemon: Magikarp
Game(s): Omega Ruby

Partner Pokemon: Ditto
Game(s): Soul Silver

Partner Pokemon: Shedinja
Game(s): Y

Game(s): Moon

Partner Pokemon: Silcoon
Game(s): Platinum
Previous Progress: Coal Badge

By using Pokemon Bank and the Poke Transporter I've been working slowly on getting all my Champions together. Once Silcoon is done I'll be able to make a full team out of them!

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 19, 2019
Username: luxreino
Partner Pokemon: Ampharos

FireRed | SoulSilver | Ruby | Platinum | Black | Y | Moon

Previous Progress: None :')

Years
Been doing this of my own accord for a while now, so got a bit of a backlog here to catch up on!

Partner Pokemon: Krabby
Game: Blue

Partner Pokemon: Magikarp
Game: Omega Ruby

Partner Pokemon: Ditto
Game: Soul Silver

Partner Pokemon: Shedinja
Game: Y

Game: Moon

Partner Pokemon: Silcoon
Game: Platinum

will almost certainly do more, but not sure what exactly to do next!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Username: Dadkota
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir
Game(s): Fire Red, Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, Black, X, Ultra Moon
Previous Progress: Nope

Terff

the unimportant
Years
Alright... after about 4 years of starting this I'm finally done with my wurmple solo run, might as well sign up and have it finished on this thread

Username: Terff
Partner Pokemon: Wurmple
Game: Emerald

Spoiler:

Was painful, the satisfaction was hardly worth the boring gameplay of never feeling stronger and never learning any different moves for any variety... Anyways, I'm done... Onto something else.

Terff

the unimportant
Years
Starting up a new one as well. Nosepass AKA THE NOSE!

Username: Terff
Partner Pokemon: Nosepass
Game(s): Emerald

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Final Update
So I finally got around to completing this challenge! Didn't have a lot of time for playing over the summer, especially once my study abroad started in August. Since my last update, I beat Platinum, X, and Sun. I don't really remember much of the details about Platinum and X since I beat them months ago, and same goes for 75% of Sun. The last part of Sun took a lot of grinding which is what I finally got around to doing the last few weeks. Had a lot of fun doing this challenge, even if it took me forever. If I do another solo challenge in the future, I'll definitely be using a pokemon with better stats. The amount of times I got OHKO'd by an Earthquake from pokemon 20+ levels weaker was ridiculous.

Final Platinum Stats
pikachu.png

Yunachu
ShinyVStar.png
, Level 81 (Modest)
Thunder | Brick Break | Grass Knot | Double Team
Spoiler:

Final X Stats
025.gif

Yunachu
ShinyVStar.png
, Level 87 (Modest)