• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you enjoy walking your dog? :)

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I'm curious to learn about other people like me who really like dog walking! :D

I LOVE walking my dog. Its so much fun for me to go out everyday and see the beautiful plants and animals of our neighborhoods and feel if its warm or cold or breezie and also to visit neighborhoods other than mine that are close by. The exercise feels good, too. And the bonding experience with my animal. :) I swear I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING; DOGS ARE THE BEST PETS EVER! :D

I'm curious what others will respond to this thread with :) I felt happy making it ^_^ I'm so glad to have Simba in my life :D

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I enjoy taking mine for walks! He's a bit stubborn though when around other dogs so we usually take longer routes to avoid other dogs being walked.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
You have TO walk a dog, but a cat will walk beside you as your equal. So naturally I prefer cats to dogs.

TY

our current dog is a bit of a pain to walk with, he tends to accelerate at random moments and that catches me off guard so many times it feels like he's ripping my arm off >_<

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
My stepdad used to have three dogs and one time I had to take the puppy out for a walk since my sister wasn't able to. I did not enjoy taking the puppy out for a walk because she was walking so fast and I also had to clean up after her poop which was disgusting.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
My stepdad used to have three dogs and one time I had to take the puppy out for a walk since my sister wasn't able to. I did not enjoy taking the puppy out for a walk because she was walking so fast and I also had to clean up after her poop which was disgusting.
I also find picking up the poop very gross (i'm even phobic over filth, lol...).

I try not to focus on it a lot though :) Theres so many good points to walking my dog...(also it can be fun when he walks fast and sometimes i've had races with him xD We're like a trainer and pokemon team ^_^)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'd probably enjoy walking a dog if I had one. Although I might have days when I really didn't want to get out at all, yet the dog would need to, so I'd be all uuuurghhh

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I don't have a dog, but my SO is like a dog and I enjoy taking her out for walks. I intentionally pick her up from her house with the intention of taking her somewhere where we can walk.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I don't have a dog but I take my cat out for walks sometimes because I'm a crazy cat lady. He's... not great at the walking part, though, so it's more like walking short circles around the yard. (He's an indoor cat so being outside at all is super exciting for him and he's content to just walk back and forth between his favourite bush and the fence, ahaha.) I've been trying to slowly get him to walk a bit farther but I'm scared to go too far and have him refuse to walk back. (He also doesn't take well to being picked up when he's outside so I couldn't carry him either.) I'm thinking of getting one of those backpack pet carriers to bring with me if I ever do coax him to walk farther. :O

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I don't have a dog but I take my cat out for walks sometimes because I'm a crazy cat lady. He's... not great at the walking part, though, so it's more like walking short circles around the yard. (He's an indoor cat so being outside at all is super exciting for him and he's content to just walk back and forth between his favourite bush and the fence, ahaha.) I've been trying to slowly get him to walk a bit farther but I'm scared to go too far and have him refuse to walk back. (He also doesn't take well to being picked up when he's outside so I couldn't carry him either.) I'm thinking of getting one of those backpack pet carriers to bring with me if I ever do coax him to walk farther. :O

Finally someone gets it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I enjoy walking her, but she stops way too much. A five minute walk turns into twenty five minutes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2022
I'm a bit jealous, I am waiting to move out before I can get my very own German Shepherd. Amazing dogs!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i havent taken my dog for a walk yet. i put her on her leash and walked her around the house lol. i know this summer i will be taking her for walks.

Years
I love walking my dog to be honest, she's pretty good on walks as well so it's never really a problem. Living in a rural area there's loads of nice fields and rivers near my house and we usually walk past this farm with cows, sheep, horses etc which is nice too. It's just a great way to get out and explore the world :)

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
It really depends. Sometimes I don't enjoy it at all but sometimes it feels like a pleasant breath of fresh air. The dog we have isn't really my dog though so I haven't had to take her out for a while now; someone else is more likely to do it, and also enjoy it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I do, but he's not well behaved so he barks and pulls a lot of the time. We're still training him. Hopefully one day we can go on a nice, relaxing walk instead of a loud one haha

Years
No dog here, though at times I wish I had one because it would give me more of an excuse to just go outside and walk.

I would try it with my cat, except she thinks her harness is the worst! thing! ever! omg no!, and there are enough dogs around here (including one rather aggressive one that even I'm afraid of) that even if she were used to wearing it, I would be worried about taking her out.

Back