• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite(s) Zelda game?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are nearly tied for me. Lots of memories playing them on the GameCube. Fun dungeons, items, puzzles, bosses, characters, exploration and combat. They're top notch.

pkmin3033

...does Hyrule Warriors count? It's one of the very few games that I've bought three times. That has to say something for it. As a Warriors title it's well above average, and it's far superior to Fire Emblem Warriors for actually celebrating the franchise as a whole. I mean, you can play as Agitha and Marin, for crying out loud.

But if we're going with the main series...Link's Awakening. I still think it's the most well-designed Zelda title to date, with the best dungeons, soundtrack, and what passes for characterisation in Zelda titles. Much as I love the other 2D Zelda titles - Oracle of Seasons and A Link Between Worlds especially - nothing comes close to Link's Awakening. 2D Zelda will always be better than 3D Zelda, and Link's Awakening is the best 2D Zelda, so...

Of the 3D titles, Twilight Princess is my favourite, with Wind Waker as a VERY close second, as they're the only two 3D Zelda titles I've actually enjoyed. Despite the outcry at cel-shaded Zelda at the time (anyone else remember that?) Wind Waker proved to be a fantastic game and far better than Ocarina of Time - and the Wii U version fixed the sailing issues - and Twilight Princess stands out to me as the only Zelda title with a sidekick who ISN'T annoying as hell.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda title but ALttP/ALBW and Windwaker are honorable mentions. OST and gameplay for all were exceptionally well done. I've heard a lot about BotW but I cant bring myself to plop $$$ on a Switch.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I've played Majora's Mask way too many times. And Ocarina, but I'd have to give it to the former.

BotW was pretty great too.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Links Awakening is my favorite, but the text moves extremely slow, and doesn't make me want to play it.

Ocarina of Time is the most replayable for me, finishing the dungeons is satisfying, even when I already memorized the puzzles.

I got 100% on Majoras Mask once and had fun doing it, but still haven't gone back after a year. When I do replay it, It'll be on the 3DS version.

Neronaya

STAR GATE HEAVEN
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
It's a tie between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker for me.
I loved both games equally- but Wind Waker could have won it for me if the content that was originally planned for the game got in there (like the Jabun dungeon)
In terms of which game I've played more it'd be Wind Waker though - I've completed it at least 4 separate times and even though I know the puzzles at this point it's still super fun to replay.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Twilight Princess holds incredible memories for me. Watching my brothers play it time and time again on our GameCube, a memory accompanied by the musty smell of the shed. Having my first save file and making pretend stories with my sister. Failing miserably at the Water Temple and never getting passed the Twilight Realm because I was too scared of the hands. Aaaah, the nostalgia!

I never thought a Zelda game could take the place of Twilight Princess. That is, until Skyward Sword came along. It's my favourite game of all time, alongside Explorers of Sky!

The visuals enrapture me to this day, with such a bright, beautifully crafted world. I love how you and Zelda start off as seemingly normal individuals, living out your lives in blissful ignorance of the Surface and the troubles that brew there. And the soundtrack is so wonderfully uplifting! The world felt so huge to me—there was always something to do! I simply adore games where the story-line seems to on forever. That's how I felt about Skyward Sword. :')

probablyhylian

illusion is mine
Years
I don't think any Zelda game will ever top Majora's Mask for me. Twilight Princess or both of the Oracle games would be second favorites.

Last edited:
Years
I unfortunately haven't played more of the classic Zelda games so gotta go with A Link Between Worlds, which still received great reviews and I had a super amount of fun playing!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Really only played a tiny bit of a few games, but I'd say Breath of the Wild. It's kinda intimidating how much there is to do lol and I have no idea where to really start but I generally like open world games a lot

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Really only played a tiny bit of a few games, but I'd say Breath of the Wild. It's kinda intimidating how much there is to do lol and I have no idea where to really start but I generally like open world games a lot

You'll get it the more you play and find your own playstyle. Everybody does.

It's not so intimidating once you get used to it.

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
My favorite handheld Zelda game is The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.
Trial1-2ST.png
22_AO7iB.jpg
225px-Tank.png

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I unfortunately haven't played more of the classic Zelda games so gotta go with A Link Between Worlds, which still received great reviews and I had a super amount of fun playing!

A Link Between Worlds is a game I've wanted to play ever since I got ahold of its soundtrack. Not to mention it's essentially a sequel to the SNES game A Link to the Past(which if you've played that, you'd instantly feel right at home on A Link Between Worlds). Someday I might play it but for now, I'll simply enjoy the music.

My favorite handheld Zelda game is The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.
Trial1-2ST.png
22_AO7iB.jpg
225px-Tank.png

Ah the game based on a train. Overworld theme isn't too bad although to go from Windwaker(first entry in its respective line) to that is a bit of an eye-raiser. Wonder how many played Phantom Hourglass or the title in between the two.

Back