• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Ruby++/Ruby 2

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2020
Introduction

Hi PokéCommunity, for the past couple of months I have been working on my new game. This post will be short and sweet because as of now, the game is just an enhancement hack of the original Ruby Version. The enhancement hack is called Ruby++, and I plan to use it as a base for my brand new game, Ruby 2. Ruby 2 will have a similar design philosophy as Black 2/White 2, taking the player through a smaller region before re-experiencing Hoenn as a new protagonist with a new story. I just released version 1.0 of Ruby++, and I plan to spend a few more months on perfecting it before I begin on Ruby 2, which will likely take me quite a bit longer.

Features

• Physical/Special Split
  • Shiny Pokémon Chaining
  • Travel to Orre
  • HM Items
  • Nature colored stats
  • Increased Difficulty
  • BW Repel System
  • Updated BST to Generation 7
  • Updated Movesets to Generation 7
  • Added many abilities up to Generation 7
  • Many added Pokemon through Generation 4
  • Overworld Abilities (Synchronize, Flame Body/MA, Compound Eyes, and Suction Cups)
  • View your EVs/IVs in the summary screen by pressing select
  • 6 New TMs
  • Reusable TMs
  • Added over 100 moves from Gen IV (all except fling)
  • Yellow TM balls in overworld
  • All non-legendary Pokemon available
  • New evolution methods (Level up with move, level up in location, new evo stones, etc)
  • Ability 2 with rarity
  • Run indoors
  • Most of the bugs from Gen 3 fixed, such as the Roaming Pokemon IV glitch

There is more information on the game in the documentation! Use Ruby V1.1 for the unpatched ROM.

Media

Images
Download 1.0.3 (6/15/2019)
Encounter Tables

1.1 Sneak Peak

n1CW8CE.gif
XAUYwop.gif
4cNwZZz.gif
aS16w9q.gif
XUvt3ZF.gif
BxzU59S.gif
hDhMmOs.gif
PjxKNXy.gif
2LLb1xE.gif
pm9OdVm.gif

Bugs

• None right now

Credits

I had a hard time finding an icon resource that was available, so I found an All-In-One pack on Reddit. I believe what was included in that pack was icon resource pack as well as the 64x64 sprite resource pack from this site. I also used the HQ cry resource pack.

VaroSaifuru, BurstXShadowzX - DeviantArt Sprites

Ruby++ Discord

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I didn't think Ruby or Sapphire had a way to add the physical/special yet? I will most definitely try this hack out. How far does the current version go?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2020
I didn't think Ruby or Sapphire had a way to add the physical/special yet? I will most definitely try this hack out. How far does the current version go?

Currently you can finish the game just like Ruby and Sapphire. All of the gym leaders and E4 have been buffed slightly to increase the difficulty. As far as extra content, there isn't much so far. Right now, you can catch five different roamers after you beat the E4. I am also working on buffing Team Magma admins and Maxie battles because I forgot about them... :laugh-squinted:

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out!

Did you use pokeruby? If yes, would you mind sharing the source?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Yep yep! Coming right from Reddit. I'll wait a bit till you buff up the required trainers since I'm a real sucker for difficulty mods. Real talk though, It has been ages since I've seen a Ruby hack and it does feel nostalgic because when I was younger, a lot of people were hacking Ruby. Good luck with this!

Years
This hack is great, man, congrats! You'll update the sprites and the icons to the DS/3DS ones? Cause the original ones with some fourth gen Pokémon looks kinda strange...
An decapitalization would be cool too!
Oh, you forgot to put an accent on the "e" from "Pokémon" on the IVs/EVs screen.
Keep up the good work, man!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2020
Yep yep! Coming right from Reddit. I'll wait a bit till you buff up the required trainers since I'm a real sucker for difficulty mods. Real talk though, It has been ages since I've seen a Ruby hack and it does feel nostalgic because when I was younger, a lot of people were hacking Ruby. Good luck with this!

I'll be releasing 1.0.2 soon which buffs Magma Admins and Rival battles. I think you'll enjoy it.

Quick question: do cheats work on this one? Have tried some(item edit / wild Pokemon edit) but nothing.

There is nothing preventing them from working, no. You might have to find different offsets from the original Ruby version though.

This hack is great, man, congrats! You'll update the sprites and the icons to the DS/3DS ones? Cause the original ones with some fourth gen Pokémon looks kinda strange...
An decapitalization would be cool too!
Oh, you forgot to put an accent on the "e" from "Pokémon" on the IVs/EVs screen.
Keep up the good work, man!!

Honestly the only sprite work I was planning on doing was changing a few tiles. I feel like Hoenn should be more lush, but the tiles are so washed out. Also, I fixed the typo, thank you!

Can I use your rom as rombase?

It probably won't work very well

Years
Since you added key items to act as HMs, can you add Eon Flute? I saw a guy on Ytb that added the Latios flying over the map on Ruby. He did this with pokeruby and posted the source code for it. Oh, you'll add more QoL changes such as Running Indoors, Poison Survival and things like that? Keep up the good work, mate!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2020
Hi everyone! Just a quick update post that I'm excited about showing. These are two things I've added for the next version of Ruby++:

J4YIBLt
Shiny Pokémon Chaining!

How it works: Shiny Pokémon chaining is here, and it functions similar to Let's Go! When you catch the same Pokémon again and again, you can see the results on the back of your trainer card! Every extra capture gives you an extra shiny roll for that certain Pokémon. Since the max chain is 25, you have about a 1/328 chance of getting a shiny with a max chain! That is a significant step up from 1/8192! Also, if you find the Pokémon you are chaining, it is guaranteed to have an average IV value above your current chain! The chain will not reset unless you turn off the game or catch a Pokémon that is different from your current chain.

New Icons!

I got tired of seeing (P), (S), and (T) to describe moves, so I added the PSS icons to the summary screen.

There is much more coming, including legendary events, new story elements, and new regions! I'll leave these for another update post, but they are already in development! Thanks, and I hope you enjoy playing the game.

Last edited:
Years
Cool, man! Good luck with the update! Can't wait to see the new features.
Edit: I read about you having a hard time finding the resources... well, here on the Community have plenty resources to make your hack even more wonderful. Would be cool if you take a look on some.
There's Chaos Rush's Gen I to V DS 64x64 sprites, Mr.DollSteak's sugimori sprites, the Gen VI Sprites and Icons pack by Mr.DollSteak too, WesleyFG's Gen VI Cries, etc.

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I'm a man who will forever think Emerald is the superior gen 3 game but holy cow this rom hack is doing some work. You've basically cleaned up Ruby and made it a lot nicer to play. Keep up the good work.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 1, 2020
hi whats the progress of the Orre region??

Overall progress of 1.1 is fast since I'm working on the game a lot. However, as for Orre itself, progress is slow. I'm not a very good spriter/mapper and I'm still learning. Right now I'm taking a break from advancing the storyline and scripting Gen 5 moves instead.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 8, 2019
Found a possible bug, Using a dawn stone on a male Kirlia has no effect :/ Great rom though!

Back