• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon 3D

What region do you want to see in pokemon3D?

• Kanto/Johto

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • New region

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Both

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
JESUSF#$@ING ALLAH TOM CRUISE BUDDHA CHRIST!!!
I was looking forward to playing the game too on my macintosh :(

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
umm ... you do know that there is something called ... bootcamp ...

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
Well it's built upon DirectX so i guess no support for macs, sry. We are using full 3D models hopefully with animation (hardest part), but it shouldn't be too hard to build. The website for the game is really a forum >> check my signature for the link to the pokémon3D forum.

I've been messing with multiplayer and i got a connection established and i am working on sending pokemon cards between 2 pcs so that you can trade online. If that is a success then battling is the next step. The battle system is yet to be started as we are still drafting it and setting up the engine to go into battle, etc.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
2 things
1 - for mac users, you might be able to use openGL to get it to work with bootcamp, or just use bootcamp. i don't know, i just know that openGL works with wine on linux, so yeah ... i have experience with windows and linux but not macs
2 - In battles, will you physically control your pokemon like in super smash bros? its one thing thats always annoyed me, in the anime the pokemon actually move and that affects stuff, but when they introduced 3d such as in gale of darkness or collesium they didnt bother to put that in >_<

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
only the first 251 pokemon are featured, sry. As for battling we always liked the idea of being to control your own pokemon and select ur own moves. This was it is more realistic as you can actual do moves such as quick attack, fly (fancy controlling charizard in the air? lol), etc.

It is hard but generally better. If not then we will have to stick to turn based battles. Maybe a vote should be arranged?

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
umm ... you do know that there is something called ... bootcamp ...

Yeah but boot camp costs a couple hundred to get :(
it use to be free but now you either need to buy it or get the newest updates on Mac and both of them are expensive

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
so go and look for a free alternative ... don't be lazy

yay! controlling pokemon and moves! :)
although the air thing might be a bit difficult though ... still, please do it! yay!!!

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
Yeah Controlling poke'mon is gonna be awesome
although i wonder how they plan to make attacks that lower accuracy effect the game.
I can't wait to control really tiny pokemon and see if i can piss people off by running away constantly

Horray Caterpie seems more fun to be now

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
Yeah Controlling poke'mon is gonna be awesome
although i wonder how they plan to make attacks that lower accuracy effect the game.
I can't wait to control really tiny pokemon and see if i can piss people off by running away constantly

Horray Caterpie seems more fun to be now

probably by lowering the reaction time of the pokemon to your controls ...
additionally, a caterpie isn't very fast ... and AOE attacks would still hit them. try running away from a surf attack, or an earthquake attack.

bjorn130

Epic Quest Creator
Years
djb master it may be good to edit your first post and put the screenie's there it would be better to see if there's an update.

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
probably by lowering the reaction time of the pokemon to your controls ...
additionally, a caterpie isn't very fast ... and AOE attacks would still hit them. try running away from a surf attack, or an earthquake attack.

Hmm yes very true
well either wa i'm really psyched about this game
I can't wait to see how some of the attacks are gonna work into the game like Substitute and i can't wait to use Double Team in the game either!! It should be annoying for a character who dosen't have any AOE attacks to try and pick 1 Pokemon out of a couple of copies

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
Hmm yes very true
well either wa i'm really psyched about this game
I can't wait to see how some of the attacks are gonna work into the game like Substitute and i can't wait to use Double Team in the game either!! It should be annoying for a character who dosen't have any AOE attacks to try and pick 1 Pokemon out of a couple of copies
you don't necessarily need AOE attacks though to beat double team ... many times in the anime, they've used flamethrower or vine whip and just slammed them through them all one right after another. those definatley aren't AOE attacks and they still beat doubleteam
actually, one thing i'm really interested in seeing is terrain modifiers.

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
One thing i'm really interested in seeing is terrain modifiers.

Hmmm, dont exactly know what you mean by this, but i'm guessing your talking about how moves affect the environment in real-time. Like if you used earthquake - the ground would be all smashed and cracked and if you used blizzard then there would be snow everywhere.

If this is not what you mean then please explain, thanks...

Bye, DJB...

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
Hmmm, dont exactly know what you mean by this, but i'm guessing your talking about how moves affect the environment in real-time. Like if you used earthquake - the ground would be all smashed and cracked and if you used blizzard then there would be snow everywhere.

If this is not what you mean then please explain, thanks...

Bye, DJB...

I kinda meant like if you were grasslands, then fire attacks would be more effective because it would set the grass on fire, if you were in the desert movement would be slowed unless you were ground/flying/hovering, volcanos water/ice types would have big disadvantage
that kind of stuff

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 22, 2011
What Do you plan to do about the Fish poke'mon like Goldeen and Magikarp?
are you only gonna let them fight in only some water terrain or are you gonna make everthing trippy by having them be able to fight on land?

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
I kinda meant like if you were grasslands, then fire attacks would be more effective because it would set the grass on fire, if you were in the desert movement would be slowed unless you were ground/flying/hovering, volcanos water/ice types would have big disadvantage
that kind of stuff

That would add some interesting things to the battle system, making gameplay totally different. I support the idea.

Graphics wise, I think it would really intersting to see, like you said, the battlefield damaged from an earthquake or a dig. Or maybe once somebody uses a water type attack like surf, there would be puddles of water around the battlefield.
Anyway, I wouldn't give this idea much importance for now, I would rather focus on the gameplay and leave the graphical ideas 'till later.

Best of luck!

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
What Do you plan to do about the Fish poke'mon like Goldeen and Magikarp?
are you only gonna let them fight in only some water terrain or are you gonna make everthing trippy by having them be able to fight on land?

That is a tricky decision to come to. Do i let any pokemon fight in any terrain or only one's it is "possible" to fight in. You cant expect a water pokemon to fight in dry terrain, but they did that in Pokémon Stadium 1&2 >> so maybe it is feasible.

Affecting the environment is pretty difficult but it depends on the move. Attacks like sandstorm and rain dance are pretty much basic particle effects. As for attacks like earthquake, waterfall and surf are hard as water is hard to fake alone > but flowing water!!!

I'll have a think about how i can do this and maybe create some videos of the moves...

Back