• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Code Biohazard (Revived)

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
Pokemon: Code Biohazard!

Main Site | Screenshots | Dev. Blog | Progress

pcb_newtitle.PNG

DISCLAIMER:

Do not ask when this will be released, for my sanity...

I am developing this in my (rather rare) free time, so it may take some time before the first release. Development restarted on 24th November 2008 after a fatal system crash which wiped pretty much all progress since October last year... Screenshots are planned to be (re?)released once sections of the game are sufficiently finished...

Names for some things have been taken from my aborted NeverwinterNights module "Picket Monsters", which can still be found on nwvault...

RELEASES:

Most recent Release: None
Upcoming Release: 0.1

LATEST DEMOS:

Video Demo 3

Old Video Demo Links: (New ones coming soon)
Video Demo 1
Video Demo 2

You can find my video demo files on Youtube

Playable Demo Links:
Spoiler:

=========================================

PROLOGUE:

Spoiler:

Intro

PAO is a free Role Playing Game in which most, if not all the classic regions are accessible. The player will start in Desaille City in the new Shifu region (located roughly north-west of Johto) and travel throughout most of the regions trying to find the cure for a mysterious "rage" virus that causes Pokemon to attack humans and other Pokemon without regard to their own selves. The players goal will be to find and extract DNA from every Pokemon that the player sees, the more chances that the player will be able to develop a cure. Pokemon: Code Biohazard will feature a Pokemon-like battle system (Thanks to the Starter Kit by Poccil, Flameguru, et. al.) that is (kind of) true to the original GBA and NDS games

Old, but still valid Screens:

These screens represent the intended look of the first major place in the game:

Spoiler:

Plans:

Spoiler:

CONCEPTUAL STUFF:

See http://www.freewebs.com/nytesgames/pao_concepts.html for a more updated list.

Pokemon notes;

Due to the wasteland/desert theme of Shifu, most Pokemon you'll encounter are those that would be found in these type of areas, more details as they come to hand.

The Brains;

PAO is currently being developed with RPG Maker XP from Enterbrain and will eventually be using an entirely custom developed graphics system. PAO! May be moved to the XNA Game Studio, but I am currently researching the pro's and con's... The con's outweigh the pro's at the moment...

Development Team;
  • Project Supervisor: Nytewolf (Jason D)
  • Programmers: Nytewolf (Jason D), ShinyJirachi
  • Designer: Nytewolf (Jason D)
  • Spriters: Nytewolf (Jason D), ShinyJirachi
  • Mappers: Nytewolf (Jason D)
  • Music: Nytewolf (Jason D)
  • Graphics: Nytewolf (Jason D)

Credits:
  • Nintendo, Creatures Inc, GameFreak, etc
  • Some equipment and names based on Picket Monsters by Nytewolf (Jason D)
  • Uses Pokemon FR/LG, G/S/C and R/S/E Midis by various sources on vgmusic.com
  • Uses Pokemon: Starter Kit by Poccil, Flameguru and various.
  • Uses Title screen image created by OmegaGroudon.
  • Uses sprites by Avatar (http://avatar.riceb0x.net/) - Used with permission
  • Uses sprites by Fanking Omega (Sorry if that's incorrect)

Last edited:

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Seems interesting. Will you still battle gyms or will the game solely rely on the story?
Also, I don't know about XNA Game Studio but Game Maker seems to be better. What are the advantages of using XNA Game Sudio?

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
Seems interesting. Will you still battle gyms or will the game solely rely on the story?

The game is pretty much story driven, gyms will be completely optional.

Also, I don't know about XNA Game Studio but Game Maker seems to be better. What are the advantages of using XNA Game Studio?

It builds on skills I've already gained (C#), plus it is supported by a large company, you can build for the xbox 360, zune and PC and comes with quite a few tutorials.

However, it does come at a downside, performance. Games made with XNA seem to have poor performance, at least on my testing machines.

Thus, I will continue to use RPG Maker XP.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
You know what, I actually remember someone mentioning your project on a random Freewebs site I was looking at a long while back.

Hope it all goes well, and I love the desert-ish theme!

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
One of the first posts! (w00t!). I hope this game goes well for you. It is good to see a game being made in something other than RMXP with Pokemon Essentials. Not that there is anything wrong with using that but it is good to see something different.

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
Updated the overall progress page with new information. Still a WIP (Work in Progress)

I plan to release some screenshots of the remapped/reimagined areas 'soon'. :)

new intro video, short and sweet:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eZu_1BR2Yas

pretty much just copy-pasted from my old one into the new starter kit, will need to work some more on the intro, imo.

Last edited:
Back