• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to get into Competitive Pokémon

Years
I've been wanting to get into competitive Pokémon Sword and Shield but I don't know where to start. Can someone please guide me towards what I should look at first? Thanks in advance

joggerdev

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
Make an account on Pokemon Showdown and head into the lobby or one of the metagame chatrooms. Maybe pick up a sample team and play a few matches to get a feel for it.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
If it's for cartridge, you can use also use sample teams by going into Battle Stadium (VS in the main menu) and going for spin with that to learn what's common and whatnot. You can also build your own team and ladder with it for a while to see what your team is weak vs and if they are any deadweight members you can replace; an example is find a Pokemon you really want to use and build around it by covering its weaknesses and whatnot. Simple things such as learning the type matchups, changing your battle style from Switch to Set, and even spectating high level players can add up as well.

Back