• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: How several Pokémon changed during Pokémon Gold and Silver development

How several Pokémon changed during Pokémon Gold and Silver development

How several Pokémon changed during Pokémon Gold and Silver development

We’ve learnt about stat and typing changes made to various Pokémon in development of Pokémon Gold and Silver, including those that were cut… and sometimes brought back into the game.
Years
ugh a Pinsir evolution would've been lit. so sad to see it cut :'c (but i do love Forretress tho so hmm)

Other notes:
- why the hell is Madaamu's cry so familiar which Pokemon has that cry it's bugging me rn to no end... it's something from gen 3 right?
EDIT: REMORAID it's a slightly deeper version of Remoraid's cry
- Norowara would've had a multitude of creepy pastas named after it. It and Tsuinzu also would've been good Ghost additions instead of literally just having Misdreavus and nothing else
- happy that Shuckle didn't push through with having an evo bcs it's rly cool as a gimmick mon as is
- happy that Piloswine didn't get an evo til Gen 4 bcs tbh that cry is ass compared to what we have now

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Kinda have to wonder why they scrapped the Pinsir evolution after doing all that work for it (it was practically completed), especially since they did keep Scizor

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
Years
I still really wish the round electric tiger boys, the bell kitties, and the voodoo doll panda thing were kept on. I also really loved the Hoppip lines original look, with all of them being adorable cat heads with tails, but i can see why they wanted those to be more unique.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Completely agree with you on the black cats. The design is so good. Better then Purrloin and Purrloin goes to Jaguar route with evolution.

Kind of glad the Ditto evolution was cut. But sad the baby Meowth was cut.

Back