• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a favorite move to battle with?

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
This doesn't just imply competitive. What I do want to know, though, is... is there a pokemon move that you must have in any of your teams, come whatever may?

For me, there are two such moves:
Earthquake and Thunderbolt.

Not only do the moves cover themselves decently (non-Grass types that can threaten EQ users usually don't like taking a Thunderbolt and vice versa, pokemon to resist Bolt won't particularly like taking an EQ to the face), their typings are generally strong on the offense.

And yes, I've actually used teams without Ice Beam (or any Ice move, in general). But without Thunderbolt? Never.

Inspiration taken from the "Favorite type to battle with" thread, can't deny

Years
Thunderbolt is one of my favorite moves. It's served me very well throughout the years and I've taught it to so many team members. Electric is also my favorite type. <3

Years
Surf is one of the best Water type moves out there, and aside from Fly, arguably the most useful HM as well. I didn't even care if multiple Pokemon in my party knew Surf, since it was that solid of a move.

Special shoutout to Metronome, too. While I would never use it in a serious battle, it's fun to knock out wild Pokemon with ridiculous attacks that your Pokemon physically shouldn't be able to do.

Years
Dragon Claw is super fun to use imo. That's probably at the top of my list.

Close seconds are Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Psychic/Psyshock are also kind of up there.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
flamethrower is my absolute favorite move. i'm really fond of special attacks with a base power around 90, i noticed. lol i also love ice beam, thunderbolt, moonblast, shadow ball...yeah. stuff like that.

Back