• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Am I too late to complete the dex?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Dec 22, 2018
Only very recently got into pokemon but became hooked quickly.

That said, is it even possible to complete the pokedex now considering the mythical pokemon?

Am I better off not aiming to do that at this point and waiting for the new pokemon game confirmed (i think) for 2019?

Years
For which game in particular? If you're talking about completing the Pokedex in seventh gen, then you'd only really need Alola's regional Pokemon to complete the dex.

If you're talking about in general, then yeah it's a tall mountain to climb considering you'd need mythicals. The most recent giveaway of them ended this month and it's probably likely that TPCi will do another one when the new games release in 2019. Whether it's worth it to wait until then though... I have no strong opinion one way or the other on that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Dec 22, 2018
Thanks for the response! Two clarifying questions.
1. If I understand correctly then, mythicals don't count towards the in game dex?
2. From what I read when I first started I thought I would need to play XY, ORAS and USUM for gen vii. Is that not correct?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Thanks for the response! Two clarifying questions.
1. If I understand correctly then, mythicals don't count towards the in game dex?
2. From what I read when I first started I thought I would need to play XY, ORAS and USUM for gen vii. Is that not correct?

If you want as much as possible, yes, you will need all the Gen VI games. However, if you don't really care where the pokemon come from, you'll only need one of USUM and just use the GTS. You can get any non-legendary if you offer something of appropriate value.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Dec 22, 2018
If you want as much as possible, yes, you will need all the Gen VI games. However, if you don't really care where the pokemon come from, you'll only need one of USUM and just use the GTS. You can get any non-legendary if you offer something of appropriate value.

I'm sorry, last question I hope. This is where I get confused a bit.

So... I can get every non mythical from USUM? Like I know there are alolan versions but they aren't their own separate entry in the dex are they?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm sorry, last question I hope. This is where I get confused a bit.

So... I can get every non mythical from USUM? Like I know there are alolan versions but they aren't their own separate entry in the dex are they?

Around 300 of them require trading online and using the GTS, but yes, you can get every non-mythical in USUM. But like I said, that's only if you really don't care where they come from. And yes, Alolan forms have the same dex entry as their non-Alolan forms.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
The Pokedex never gets completed. There used to be 151 Pokemon now there are 807. It is very possible that Nintendo might create some new Pokemon in the future in which case you need to go out and catch them!

Back