• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your new years resolution?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Every year, I always say mine is about writing... and I hardly ever really do much to improve. That's why this year, I'm hoping to reach 10,000 posts on PC by the end of next year... or close to it anyway! Yeah, yeah... post count really doesn't matter. I'm not saying it does... but wouldn't you be excited to reach that milestone too if you were in my shoes? XD

Anyway, what are your new years resolutions this year? <3

Years
Don't have one because they're pointless. If you want to make a change, make it when you realise it needs to be made instead of making a half-assed attempt at the beginning of a new year.

Last edited:
Years
I genuinely forgot what my new years resolution was for this year like... halfway through the year which probably says a lot about how much thought I really give them. ._.

Years
I'll pursue every opportunity, improve myself socially, try and be nicer, get a lot of exercise done, learn the guitar and about everything, and push new boundaries when it comes to writing. A cinch, really.

Quite a big list, but then again I am big on determination. Sort of. Self-discipline, an extension of that, is not a forte of mine. But I have high hopes for 2019, and I'll certainly make it one to be remembered. My skull collection is growing, after all.

Maedar

Banned
Years
I've got several, and they're realistic:

1. To not eat out as much and cook for myself more often

2. To stop eating simply because I'm bored.

3. To go for walks at least 5 times per week

4. To stop getting into arguments with internet trolls

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Another one I have too... is to be able to improve my anxiety. As many of you know, I have extremely bad anxiety. It can be so disabling that can't function no matter how hard I try. This is something I really want to work on more as well. :c

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Less sugary drinks (Coke, Pepsi, tea, etc) and more games of Mario Tennis in swing mode so I can get some fun exercise.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
- exercise every day (intense some days, other days just a walk can be fine)
- avoid extra sugar (soda, cake, candy, bad chocolate)
- cook big batches of food a couple of times a week (so i can have more lunch boxes and save money)

And maybe some other things but these are the big ones I think. New Years Day is a good place to start d:

pkmin3033

I don't really have one, because I never follow through with them specifically...I always mean to, but I never do, because I often set myself unrealistic goals. But I suppose if I had to have one, it's the same as it has been for the last four years: to continue to improve my health in whatever way I can. To just keep going with things even when I don't want to, or when they cause me unbearable anxiety.

Years
I don't have New Year's resolutions, but I have something I call October resolutions. Why October? Because one October I decided that I want change something and didn't want to wait for New Year and "New Year, new me" stuff. So I've written down everything I wanted to do in the next 365 and since then I do this every year. There are few categories that I use and will use them here too. I also keep track of the things that I did/or wanted to do each week, but that's not really important.

Anyway, my "new year" started 21.10. and here are my resolutions:

Education
- Complete Bachelor's degree and get red diploma
- Prepare for classes continuously and not just for the last exam

Free time
- Be more active on PC (I'm not kidding this is on the 1st place in there)
- Finish at least 1 game per month
- Finish at least 1 book per month
- Write more
- Go to the Spain for vacation

Self-education
- Learn speed reading
- Learn sign language
- Get better in magic
- Learn new things about hacking and cyber security
- Get better in game development
- Learn more about deep learning and AI

Health
- Exercise at least 15 minutes per day
- Eat more healthy
- At least 1 fruit/vegetable per day
- Keep the same weight

Finances
- Get new bank account
- Make a budget and stick to it

Metriname

its metr
Years
MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION IS SLEEPING IN A REGULAR AND HEALTHY CYCLE and i really hope i succeed

it's time for the pain to stop

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
At least two of my new years resolutions are to drink more water (at least 1 glass a day) and lose some weight.

Years
MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION IS SLEEPING IN A REGULAR AND HEALTHY CYCLE and i really hope i succeed

it's time for the pain to stop

After you stay up till midnight for the new year presumably :tongue-poke:

Seriously though, that should be one of mine too, poor sleep is a killer

Years
I'm too scared to block people online, and it's strange because what can they do? they're thousands of miles away.
But I don't like them screencapping shit i post and sending it to their friends and talking shit about me.
But I feel if I block them they'll just get worse.

So really, I wanna stand up for myself more.

Last edited:

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
I'm kinda awful at interacting and keeping up with friends/whoever, so I'm trying to improve on that this year. I also want to get back in fighting shape before going back to uni, I've spent way too much of 2018 eating Chinese food

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I've thought about it quite a bit, and as cliche as it may sound honestly my only resolution is to do the best that I can at every aspect in life. Whether it be with university, traveling, reading, writing, relationships, mentally, spiritually, emotionally. Just to do the best that I can and be happy with that at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
My goal was to eat healthier, but that didn't last even two days. It doesn't mean I won't continue trying. My intake of sugar was probably a weeks worth this morning.

Years
i'd like to work out at least 2 or 3 times a week. orz. that hasn't happened yet bc i've been sick, but i might try tomorrow (depending on how i feel)

Back