• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[potential spoilers] Infinity War discussion

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Saw it last week. A good film, wish Hawkeye was in it. I think it's overblown in hype though. The ending wasn't that mindblowing and sad considering they're obviously coming back in their own title films and Avengers 4.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Yeah, the fact that films are set after this, and that they shameless plagiarised a comic book storyline some 27 years old, robs the film of pretty much all suspense plot-wise.

If they kill off Thanos in Avengers 4 I will not be best pleased.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I've heard it's good and all, but honestly, this shared universe and Avengers stuff really gets on my nerves.

It's always felt like pure fanservice to me; OMG, ALL YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS MEET UP!111

Even as a kid, I rolled my eyes at such notions. It's okay to be separate franchises from the same company; it's like that concept is taboo these days.

Marvel is just okay, I liked the Guardians films if only because they were so standalone compared to the other ones.
And even though they're a big part of this movie, I still don't really care to see it at all.

Last edited:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I'm not the biggest fan of comic book movies, but I did watch this. I really only like Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor: Ragnarok. I mostly liked Infinity War, though they tried to cram so much into this movie. I was rather impressed with the ending, as I like it when a movie has the balls to do something unexpected (unless you read the comic, but even so).

Years
  • Seen today
I watched it with friends last week, it was amazing.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Getting through the movie towards end of this month is my goal; I should be putting more effort into dodging spoilers.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Really enjoyed this the other day!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen today
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
It was enjoyable. Not the best one they've come out with, but still fun. A lot of people in my theater reacted pretty strongly to the ending, too, so even if some of us saw it coming and kinda knew what to expect there were plenty of people who did get a surprise ending, bless their little hearts.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
If Captain Marvel will kill Thanos in Avengers 4, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Anyways, great film. Shouted when Cap came out of the shadows. 8/10 though, fight scenes were short and some films have better ones (Civil War, GotG Vol. 2).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've gotten to see this last night; I'm looking forward to see what's in store in the continuation.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm sorry you found it to be depressing; anything you might be able to finger on that bothered you?

Back