• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Episode 47 Serena gives Satoshi/Ash something special.

Sir Codin

Sorry, I was just taking a crap while browsing on my phone and then saw this and I was like "they actually went through with that? Well, man, this ALMOST makes up for their blunder with the Kalos League. Almost."

Really, I was hopeful they'd give Ash his waifu and league win, then put him on a bus so we can get around to a Pokemon Special anime, but like always, they literally had to half-ass it.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
According to a tumblr post Hikamaru wrote, Serena was originally going to be axed in the middle of the series due to lacking a goal and having her crush on Ash as her only trait. So really, her goal to becoming a Pokémon Performer was shoehorned in.

Even if it was shoehorned in... It still made perfect sense naritivly. The fact that she did nothing at the start doesn't detract from the fantastic arc that we got out of her character. Still, I agree that it took too long for her to reach her stride in the series... but when she did it was great!

The theme of discovery and adventure is still relevant to the series and should remain the most prominent.

Ofcourse it is the thesis of the whole franchise after all XD
But having other great long running themes in the serries doesn't hurt it no? :D

I know exactly which trailer you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure that was actually for the first movie (Mewtwo Strikes Back).

First movie really... hmm, maybe that's why I can't find it... I try to look for it again.

Kill me now. My friend will be going on and on about this for weeks. I don't even like pairings in the Pokemon anime! Honestly, Serena's character felt flat and could have used more development. Just being the love interest is a pretty cliche role, even for the anime. That's only my opinion, please don't take it personally!

We're not rabbid amourshippers don't worry :D
This version of Satoshi/Ash compliments well with Serena, almost asuming a mentor character than a love interest really. The line "You are my goal" that she says before she leaves makes perfect sense if you look at it this way.
I agree tho that her arc shoud've been longer tho...

Zlexar

Steel on the outside, Fairy on the inside
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 15, 2019
I loved the Satosere "couple" dynamic we had this season. Amourshipping though...
I feel like shipping is just expecting way too much from the anime, and you can see how in XY the director/writers tried to please this side of the fanbase.
Heck, I almost jumped on the shipping train before noticing it wouldn't get far.
This episode, however, was indeed a nice conclusion (or pause?) for these 2 characters.
I hope they keep doing this for the next season to be honest; I love cute romance stuff.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
According to a tumblr post Hikamaru wrote, Serena was originally going to be axed in the middle of the series due to lacking a goal and having her crush on Ash as her only trait. So really, her goal to becoming a Pokémon Performer was shoehorned in.

Do you have a source for this? Would be interested in giving it a read!

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Best thing I've seen regarding this:

Spoiler:

Back