• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
How do you make a titlescreen? You know how at the beginning of a game it has the screen that says press start how do I change that for my hack?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
On XSE it says missing #define on line 7. what do I do?

to be more specific, it means you are missing a command definition in line 7.

commands are things like "apply movement" or "message @text 0x6"

definitions are specifications/direction for the command such as "#raw"

and I would either PM the script to Xatoku or post it in the script help thread :D

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
How do you make a titlescreen? You know how at the beginning of a game it has the screen that says press start how do I change that for my hack?

There's plenty of tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials section of the ROM Hacking forums. Please look there.

Xatoku said:
Erm I have a problem. When I'm looking at this sprite in Overworld Editor it looks perfect, but in the actual game and in Advance Map the colours are all messed up. Could somebody help me?

Have you edited the palette?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
how can I change the color of a shiny pokemon?,I want to replace the shiny onix with the crystal onix,so to do that I change the gold colors into crystal colors...
I'm planning that it would be like the red gyrados,as an overworld sprite...
Open up the rom in UNLZ, go to ~1000 iirc to find pokemon sprites. Find the onix one, dump the BACK sprite, since that's the one the holds the color data for the shiny version of a pokemon. (That way they only need to hold 2 sprites for each pokemon instead of 4.) Then recolor it, then import it back in. Don't forget to index it. If it does let you import it in place of the old one since the size is bigger, go find some empty space (lots of FFs or 00s in the rom) via a hex editor, mark the offset, import it to that offset, then repoint the back sprite of the pokemon with Pokemon Editor Pro.

Btw, their faqs and tutorials on how to do thise, which you really should look at...

I want to replace the ??? pokemon with a dp pokemon but in unlz gba I see only 1 ??? at 1172 so where can I find the rest ??? pokemons?
Using those ??? positions is actually rather useless as you can't catch those pokemon in the wild because their pokedex information is disabled, causing the game to freeze when you catch them in the wild.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Oh boy, Being gone for a day, there are alot of un-answered questions!

How do I change the catching chances of a Pokemon?

Look in the 'Toolbox' Section of this site, for a tool called "Yet Another Pokemon Editor" or YAPE, it is the best pokemon editor ever, you can use it to change the 'captureability' of a pokemon. (Like how a Rayquaza is a 3, and a pokemon like pidgey is a very high number, like 200... I cant remember the exact number.)

I want to replace the ??? pokemon with a dp pokemon but in unlz gba I see only 1 ??? at 1172 so where can I find the rest ??? pokemons?

You do not want to replace the ??? image. BUT, you need the offset of it.
What you need to do, is insert the pictures of the Pokemon that you want.
THEN, you need to open your ROM in a HEX editor, and search for the pointer to the offset of the ??? image. When you find the pointer, you should rewrite it, to have it point to our inserted image. You have just replaced one of the free slots with a new pokemon's picture. Repeat this process to insert the rest.

Keep in mind, you can only capture these Pokemon if your Pokedex s disabled, or if the Pokemon is given to you in a givepokemon script, because if you capture one wild, with hte Pokedex turned on, you will cause the game to freeze.

how can I change the color of a shiny pokemon?,I want to replace the shiny onix with the crystal onix,so to do that I change the gold colors into crystal colors...
I'm planning that it would be like the red gyrados,as an overworld sprite...

You will need to edit the shiny pallet.
Go to the 'Toolbox' Section, and look for HackMew's Toolbox, and download the Advance Pallet Editor, or, APE. Then Open up your game in unLZgba, and go to Onix.
Change the pallet to the shiny one, and you should see the pallets offset.
Type that offset into APE's search bar, and click the "Compressed Pallet" check box, and start the search. When you have found the Pallet, you may feel free to edit at will.

How do you cange the OW of the hero DURING the game, as in while you are playing (like in a script). I know its possible i just REALLY need to know how. Help plz!

How about you search for:

[Archive] The Rom Hacking Newsletter 2008

When you find that thread, you should take a look at Issue 17, the info you will need is there, in the Tips And Tricks section.
(Keep in mind that when you DO change your sprite, the effects are NOT permanent, I mean, if you walk onto another map, or go through a warp, you will change back into the player you started as.

As sasquatchd00d said, there are plenty of tutorials in the Documents and tutorials section.
BUT, I'll give you the names of some programs you may want...

unLZgba
InfranView
Cyclone OR NTME (Nameles Tile Map Ereator.)
APE (Advance Pallet Editor)

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
In shinygold there is a mewtwo cave but you can't access it since there is new warp,so I've add the warp but how can I make it to warp me into mewtwo's cave?
I saw a tut and this is what I haven't understood(link's tut):
7. Put in the warp's number (Not the same warp!)-what did he mean?
8. Enter the map bank-what is a map bank?

9. Insert the map number-what is a map number?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
In shinygold there is a mewtwo cave but you can't access it since there is new warp,so I've add the warp but how can I make it to warp me into mewtwo's cave?
I saw a tut and this is what I haven't understood(link's tut):
7. Put in the warp's number (Not the same warp!)-what did he mean?
8. Enter the map bank-what is a map bank?
9. Insert the map number-what is a map number?

This is a very easy question, but why not just wait? If you don't understand how warps work, why bother? The tutorial is VERY easy to understand. Read it more carefully.

Anyway, I need to know what the offset for all the music in Firered is in SAPPY, as I need the older version of SAPPY to music insert, as the current one doesn't work on y PC.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
This is a very easy question, but why not just wait? If you don't understand how warps work, why bother? The tutorial is VERY easy to understand. Read it more carefully.

Anyway, I need to know what the offset for all the music in Firered is in SAPPY, as I need the older version of SAPPY to music insert, as the current one doesn't work on y PC.
Just copy the Sappy 2006 xml file onto the Sappy 2005 xml file.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Where can I view the list of fanfares to be used in scripts? And possibly listen to them aswell?

Yummeh.Strawberriez

Mapper/OW Spriter (:
Years
Argh inserting sprite problem.

Hey, I've been trying to insert sprites into a hack me and my friends are working on.
I have been trying to insert Shaymin into fire red (The fire red we are using is BPR type).
But it is not working, and I cannot figure it out for the life of me!
I have tried many things, and none of which have worked.
Basically what happens is, I index the sprite and import it using unLZ-gba, this works fine.
The sprite shows up perfectly, it has the same background colour as the one I am replacing, I can edit the stats etc. of it fine, and if I open it in RSBall, it shows the sprite perfectly fine.
But then I use A-Map to make the Shaymin appear at the start, just as a test.
And its not there, It says the name 'SHAYMIN' at the top along with it's HP.
But there is no sprite, its invisible, it has the grass base, but there is no Shaymin on it.
I have tried inserting several different sprites, some from D/P some that I have created,
but none have worked, all have been invisible, and I have no idea why.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, it may well be something very simple, but I have searched and found nothing.
Thanks in advance, any help at all would be brilliant.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I've been wondering, and I know how to edit cries (to an extent). Is there a tool where you can put a seperate cry for the 25 free spaces? As in, can you add cries to a free offset, and can you use those cries? If not, that might be an idea for a tool.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Where can I view the list of fanfares to be used in scripts? And possibly listen to them aswell?

Fanfares are just songs. They are in A-map. go to a town and see the dropdown bar with names and hex values - they are all the musics in FR

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Okay, Im having a major problem.
When I battle someone or open up a menu that completely covers up the screen,for example the bag screen, I take control of another sprite with weird colors and my original sprite freezes. Heres a picture.
PokemonSilverIce_02.png

See,next to the statue?Thats what I control.
It only happens in this map though.Can someone please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back