• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
True haha. I guess it's not quite as exciting. I'm still going to keep SRing for shiny Drifloon, though.

Pffft yes. I haven't encountered a shiny since my Golbat on White version last year. x:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yea I haven't gotten one since shiny Deino in White like 2 years ago.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yea I think what he's getting at is the fact that randomly encountering one is just that, random. While SR'ing for one (still legit) isn't quite as random.

I wish I'd get another shiny soon lol

And yeah, you think it's close enough so you can go get your shinies like that. If it's close enough for you, that means it's close enough for you. It doesn't mean it's close enough for me.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Oh, yeah. That is a while. x:

I...didn't say it was "good enough for you". I was only explaining my view on SRing. :?

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022

And yeah, you think it's close enough so you can go get your shinies like that. If it's close enough for you, that means it's close enough for you. It doesn't mean it's close enough for me.

Oh sorry sorry! I didn't look at gender haha :I I've never SR'd for shinies before. I'm guessing that'd take a while.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I tried to breed one once but gave up very quickly afterwards. I wouldn't mind doing something like RNG or SR once I have a shiny already, but considering I've never gotten one I don't want to be manipulating the game to get one.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
"Oh hi Red Gyarados. What's that? Ampharos used Thunderpunch? It's super effective!? Well, I'll be. Goodbye Red Gyarados." - every shiny experience ever with me.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
It's kind of funny because today I was randomly fishing in Emerald and found a shiny Magikarp! Caught it and it has a MODEST nature of all things. I could of cried right there.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I think Magikarp or Gyarados are the worst shinies to have. I mean, nobody would keep the Magikarp from evolving, right? Shiny Gyarados are far too common because of Lake of Rage. x:

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
@Luke - Shiny and modest, like a pearl or tourmaline opal. Sounds like a beauty.

Years
I found a shiny Magikarp on the GTS in Gen 4 once, of course there's a chance it's hacked( though everything about it looks ok as far as I know) and I got it for a fairly reasonable offer. I don't feel like getting it checked though. I just wanted it to have.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I once got a shiny Buneary off GTS. They only wanted a female Eevee 9 and under. <3

Plus some Gyarados but, again, I no longer see shiny Gyarados as all that great.

Years
I also got a very legit looking Shiny Shaymin off the GTS for a Cresselia that Id offered up for any Shaymin. That was a long time ago and I just wanted a Shaymin having missed out on the events in Platinum( I didnt even realize Platinum existed till HG/SS were almost out)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Oh, cool. Do you think it's real?
Someone on PC sent me a shiny Nidoran(M)...but it says the egg hatched in the mystery zone. x:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I once encountered a Shiny Rufflet in White. I ran out of Pokeballs. Never got to find it again after that. fml.

I would have named it Livey if I did catch it!

Buuut in terms of other shinies, I got a Shiny Treecko from Rednael and I still have it. :3

Years
Oh, cool. Do you think it's real?
Someone on PC sent me a shiny Nidoran(M)...but it says the egg hatched in the mystery zone. x:

Its possible. I doubt many people would fork over a shiny Shaymin for a Cresselia. It might've been a clone of a legit one at least, but I dont really trust the legitimacy of any shiny on the GTS especially because people who hack can make them look really legit.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
True. x:
I've cloned my shinies before, then found out about being banned from NWFC. I: A shame that you can't clone without potentially being banned. I would have liked to put up a shiny in return for a Bidoof or something- just to make someone's day. (:

Years
One time I tried breeding a shiny (with a Ditto) to see if a newborn shiny would come out, but that failed :\ I wonder if breeding with a (normal) Ditto had anything to do with that though

Honest

Hi!
Years
Pst, I wish I could capture a shiny on my GBA games. Stupid internal battery died for all of them. And I never really got into the whole VBA craze (although I feel like that's old tech...)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Chances are the GTS is extremely tainted. It's surprisingly easy to make technically legit Pokemon with computer programs.

I only use them to replace my starters in Gen V but the same tool can be used for "darker" means, I guess you can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back