• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
none of the events will start for me after the mew2 event

Years
it wont let me get the link for the hack and it sends me to spendspace website
There should be a link of download at send space website...

is this hack still on or it has been canceled
This hack is still progressing but unfortunately due to the creator's lack of time to this hack it has slightly been gone slow..

Last edited by a moderator:

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Not wanting to sound too harsh but where the popularity for this hack has come from I do not know.

Whilst it's gameplay to some comes across as good, I feel that graphically it looks appaulling. The maps you have shown us look horrible. They are far too spaced out and have no natural look to them, and just have grass everywhere and eugh, gross gross gross.

Tile insertion however looks good. About all I can see appeals to me in this hack.

The mapping puts me off any desire to download.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
i dont mean to sound like an idiot but is there any way you can play this game (ash gray) on gameboy advance
No,only playable by emulators.If you have Windows,google VisualBoyAdvance.In my experience,its the best.But how exactly would you expect to do that?ROM means Read-Only Memory,in case you didnt know.

didn't work! anything else?
Sorry,not at the time.Ill try it myself and see exactly what triggered it for me,as I did it using the current version(3.6.1)

Years
Not wanting to sound too harsh but where the popularity for this hack has come from I do not know.

Whilst it's gameplay to some comes across as good, I feel that graphically it looks appaulling. The maps you have shown us look horrible. They are far too spaced out and have no natural look to them, and just have grass everywhere and eugh, gross gross gross.

Tile insertion however looks good. About all I can see appeals to me in this hack.

The mapping puts me off any desire to download.
Dude forget about tiles and blah blah balh....The reason we people love this hack is due to its uniqueness about the story which is anime based... Wow that's cool:cool:. How many anime based hacks can you find????

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I have seen a few other anime based hacks cropping up lately and some look really good. The main issues with such drastically spaced out maps is that you're just going to spend a period of time running through endless long grass etc.

As I have focused on with my own hack, graphics to me are extremely important and what entice people to play a game. Creating a game that is fun to play is difficult due to high levels of scripting skills being required. I'm sure the scripting for this hack is done very well, which could partially make up for the lack of graphical aesthetics.

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
See Pokemon Johto Adventures - Rebirth, found in the Progressing Hacks section also.

From the screens we see far more playable and attractive maps and tiles/palettes. That is a game I would play and maybe the creator of this hack needs to take a leaf from his book on the mapping front :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
It says I can't save because of 1m-sub thing when I start it, please help
Its called save states.Pretty much a snapshot of EXACTLY whats going on.I dont know why,but emulators wont let you save it the normal way on some Pokemon games.Maybe someone else knows.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2014
I just finished it ALL! It was fun, Albeit hard to do each and every episode. I had to restart once because I accidentally let Bulbasaur evolve. XD

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2014
Does anyone know how to get out when the Mewtwo Event is over?
I have lost that Surfing Thing! Dunno how
But anyone know any cheat to get out
I dont want to lose 4 hour gameplay and start from the middle (where i last saved!)

Years
See Pokemon Johto Adventures - Rebirth, found in the Progressing Hacks section also.

From the screens we see far more playable and attractive maps and tiles/palettes. That is a game I would play and maybe the creator of this hack needs to take a leaf from his book on the mapping front :)
I have seen that hack for a long time and still it hasn't been developed much....

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Does anyone know how to get out when the Mewtwo Event is over?
I have lost that Surfing Thing! Dunno how
But anyone know any cheat to get out
I dont want to lose 4 hour gameplay and start from the middle (where i last saved!)
Use teleporting system and if you are one of the 85% that for some reason don't have it available, use walkthrough walls cheat...

Back