• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Banette and Guilmon - A Visual Novel

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
Banette & Guilmon​

- A Visual Novel -

Description:

A visual novel/movie about a Guilmon who's been living in a modern version of the Pokemon World ever since he walked through a mysterious portal six years prior. Living at an apartment with a reclusive and distant Banette, Guilmon often feels unappreciated and unwanted.

Having a hard time making friends with many other Pokemon, he struggles to find a place in the world. However, a few days after they start to get filmed by a documentarian, the relationship between Banette and Guilmon begins to fall apart.

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Download Link:

Right here, just for you!

Made Using:

Pokemon Essentials 16.2
RPG Maker XP

Team:
SmokedPaprika - Writing/Eventing/Mapping/Fan/Punching Bag
LlamaMinister - Guilmon/Portal Sprites/Moral Support/Playtester
LilypadLemur - Character Portraits

Notes:

There are three scenes in the game that are intended to be synced to music. If you click out of the screen during these scenes, the scene will be out of sync and pretty dang wonky. I don't think there's any way to deal with this, so I'll just tell you which scenes I'm talking about.

Spoiler:

Resource Pack:

Here's the goods ;>)

Credits:

Spoiler:

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
Glad to hear it! I'm more than welcome to feedback if you're willing to give it a shot! The game is less than two hours long, and I bet it'd be worth your time - I think there's a little more to it than you might expect.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2023
Loveloveloved it. Such an unexpected little gem!! Amazing story with depth and well-written characters - it was simple but so much more engaging than many stories with too much thrown into them. I don't want to say too much here as to not spoil potential players, but my jaw did drop at the... reveal of where Guilmon really went xD And I adored the little things, like the Pokemonized names (Zoroark always dies first lol) and the Gengar moving through shelves. And the Mimikyu, omg. Anyway, Banette's struggle was really relatable for me and it was great to watch his journey. I'll admit I expected to make some choices, with consequences, but having it be basically just a movie was a great experience too.

Good stuff :D

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
Loveloveloved it. Such an unexpected little gem!! Amazing story with depth and well-written characters - it was simple but so much more engaging than many stories with too much thrown into them. I don't want to say too much here as to not spoil potential players, but my jaw did drop at the... reveal of where Guilmon really went xD And I adored the little things, like the Pokemonized names (Zoroark always dies first lol) and the Gengar moving through shelves. And the Mimikyu, omg. Anyway, Banette's struggle was really relatable for me and it was great to watch his journey. I'll admit I expected to make some choices, with consequences, but having it be basically just a movie was a great experience too.

Good stuff :D

Thanks a bunch! I'm more of a film guy than a game developer, for the most part, and this is the only way I feel like I'd ever be able to make a movie, so that's what I did! And that's what I hope to do again, somewhere down the line. I appreciate you giving my project a chance, and thank you for all the nice comments!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Was interested in this when I read a little bit about what it was since I'm doing a similar thing myself, gave it a go and I'm glad I did! I liked the morals of the story and the little journey the characters went through. Well done. Hope you make more of these!

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
Was interested in this when I read a little bit about what it was since I'm doing a similar thing myself, gave it a go and I'm glad I did! I liked the morals of the story and the little journey the characters went through. Well done. Hope you make more of these!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who had the idea to do a story like this! Feel free to send me a PM whenever you finish whatever project you've been working on. If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear about this project?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who had the idea to do a story like this! Feel free to send me a PM whenever you finish whatever project you've been working on. If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear about this project?

Sure, I definitely will. I heard about it right here at PC, saw that it was a visual novel/story-driven game and was interested pretty immediately since I love short stories. Best of luck with whatever you're doing in the future!

Back