• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 9, 2018
Is hacksrepairman's Shiny gold fix compatible with shiny gold X version or not?

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022

doom_master

Pok?mon Master
Years
One of my all time favourites, thank you so much!

Do you plan on releasing a finished Shiny Gold X version? That version really brought the original to a whole new level.

Years
Is the game already completed because there is a Shiny Gold X and Sigma? ( I think so)
If there is an update can you please give me some link or any directions ... thanks

Years
Is the game already completed because there is a Shiny Gold X and Sigma? ( I think so)
If there is an update can you please give me some link or any directions ... thanks

shiny gold x was the harder and not completed, while sigma is just another concept with fairy type but not good tho and also the creator of sigma was asking for a donation.

the link of hacksrepairman is the original concept what zel has left for to finish it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 5, 2021
Oh my lord! Is this hack really completed now? Can I play through entire Johto, Kanto and fight with Red at the end?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Playing this again after nine years, I never completed Johto, I think I may have gotten up to Cianwood City.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
A few questions...

Where do you get the Silver Wing?

How do you trigger the Rayquaza (Groudon and Kyogre?) and Regi events?

What's with that "fishy" rock near Whirl Islands?

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
this is dead for already 10 years so dont expect anything

Maybe if you scroll up, you can see that a completed version was released by Hacksrepairman a couple of months back. Hacksrepairman is a user that has been completing hacks that were near completion before they where abandoned.

Years
I hope this thread isn't dead. I'm just wondering if this is a "catch every Pokémon without tradeing" hack. Kinda like how Ultra Violet is Fire Red but you can catch all 150 (or 356 if you choose) without trades. Either way this looks amazing and is next on my "to-play" list. :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
A few questions...

Where do you get the Silver Wing?

How do you trigger the Rayquaza (Groudon and Kyogre?) and Regi events?

What's with that "fishy" rock near Whirl Islands?

You can get Silver Wing in Pewter City, just like original G/S/C. Those legendary Pokemon can be caught after you beat Red. As for that fishy rock, I have no idea about what Zel was planning to do with it. I always add legendary Pokemon events to make full use those fishy rock things, but that one is different, if I do something to that one, then some random events will be damaged. This happens a lot in this hack. so I decided to not to touch it.

Hey! Hacksrepairman, do you plan on adding GDC remixes to shiny gold?

Sorry, but I'm not planning to do that, because Zel changed the music before even though the changed music may not be the actual GSC remix music. I want to keep the original flavor of these old hacks, so I never change things which were done by the original creator(Except for things which may cause glitches/things like "end of beta").

I still remember how much I liked this game. This is why I decided to make a fixed version of this hack which contains a whole Kanto Region. I know someone else tried to do the same thing, but all of them tried to change the original things in this hack. This makes me think I should make a fixed version in which all the creators' ideas are perfectly preserved. So, here it is. A faithfully fixed Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta5.
The following glitches are fixed:
A small cave in Ice Path is glitched.
The glitched border tiles of Route 2.
You can still enter Safari Zone even though you lost your Pokemon.
The following things are added by me:
Gold/Silver style Pewter City, Route 3, Mt. Moon, Vermilion City, Route 1, Pallet Town, Route 21, Cinnabar Island, Route 20, Route 19.
Trainer Tower, secret areas where you can catch Mewtwo, Rayquazza and Regirock after Red is defeated. (All these things are based on the creator's original map.)
Rival's events in Mt. Moon, Indigo Plateau and Dragon's Den.
Some screenshots:
TmTk7GF.png

Here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips

I checked out the whole game again and found that there was something wrong with the wild Pokemon encounter table. You may encounter ???????????? Pokemon in the Ruins of Alph(While fishing with Super Rod) and Route 28, so I fixed it. The old link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xu6vti3df8ydef8/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips/file

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
You can get Silver Wing in Pewter City, just like original G/S/C. Those legendary Pokemon can be caught after you beat Red. As for that fishy rock, I have no idea about what Zel was planning to do with it. I always add legendary Pokemon events to make full use those fishy rock things, but that one is different, if I do something to that one, then some random events will be damaged. This happens a lot in this hack. so I decided to not to touch it.

Sorry, but I'm not planning to do that, because Zel changed the music before even though the changed music may not be the actual GSC remix music. I want to keep the original flavor of these old hacks, so I never change things which were done by the original creator(Except for things which may cause glitches/things like "end of beta").

I checked out the whole game again and found that there was something wrong with the wild Pokemon encounter table. You may encounter ???????????? Pokemon in the Ruins of Alph(While fishing with Super Rod) and Route 28, so I fixed it. The old link still works:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/k848gjijl2qr1q1/ShinyGold_Faithfully_Fixed_Beta5.ips/file

Thank you so much for the reply, Hacksrepairman! I was also hoping to ask if you have any intention towards completing the Shirt Gold X difficulty mod as well?
Thank you!

Back