• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wifi/Linked Battle Team

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
Intend to use this team for wifi and linked battles.

The main focus is to set-up stealth rock, then prep myself for a late game sweep with Gyarados by focusing on taking out Gyarados's counters. Afterwards, find a pokemon I can set-up on, proceed to sweep.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly EV: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Hp
Pressure

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Taunt
Stealth Rock

This is a typical Aero lead. Aerodactyl's main purpose is to set-up SR to allow Gyarados to OHKO/2HKO many pokemon after a single DD. Aero is also needed to mess up other pokemon from setting up in the start. Stealth Rock weakness hurts gyarados. Should it live the first few turns, it can come in handy later for revenge killer.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid EV: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Protect
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Considering I expect aero do die, I have gengar on my team to block any rapid spinners that might pop-up trying to rid themself of SR. Gengar also does a good job of being able to counter Starmie which can give my Gyarados troubles if it is not taken out early.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Naïve EV: 216 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 40 Atk
Magnet Pull
----
Thunder
Rain Dance
Signal Beam
Iron Head

My Magnezone is primarily a gimmick pokemon. Given that I am trying to use this for non-shoddy battles. Trying to get HP to work at a reasonable power would not really be possible on my magnezone. It's main purpose is to try to take out steel types. To account for the lack of power I would be missing out on with HP fire, I am using Thunder. Considering I would be switching into mainly steel types, this causes them to stay in battle, or they will flee like scizor with u-turn or skarmory with shed shell. In which case, I will use rain dance to set-up for 100% accuracy for thunder and it decreases the weakness magnezone has to fire attacks. The added benefit is that rain dance, if I use it early enough, can carry over to my gyarados to power its waterfall attack and vaporeon. Or take out sandstorm/hail that might already be in effect weak. Signal Beam can be used to attack pokemon that might resist thunder like Jolteon or ground types. It also enables me to pretty much OHKO celebi. Iron Head is a stab to allow me to hit Blissey. If rain dance is out, a blissey with flamethrower will not be too much of a threat.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Jolly EV: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
----
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance
Waterfall

The whole purpose of my team was to set-up for my gyarados to be able to sweep. It has few counters, and is not easily taken down by priority moves such as ice shard or bullet punch due to neutral or resisted resistance. This makes it slightly more ideal than dragonite or salamence which are taken out by ice shard from mamoswine, choice band donphon and weavile. Also, intimidate allows for that extra insurance that I would be able to get dragon dance set-up without dying if I bring gyarados out on a physical type.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold EV: 188 HP, 252 Def, 68 Speed
----
Wish
Protect
Surf
Ice Beam

Vaporeon works great for taking out many counters on my team. Dragons namely have something to worry about against vaporeon with Ice Beam on it. Surf takes out lots of other pokemon from lucario, infernape, etc. Wish and protect enable me to stall when I need to, keep it alive, and pass health onto others.

Porygon 2 @ Leftovers
Bold EV: 252 HP, 216 Def , 40 SpAtk
Trace
----
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover
Thunder Wave

Without this pokemon, I would have a severe gyarados problem. So, it is needed that I have a great gyarados counter. Porygon2 also happens to double as a counter to a lot of other notable pokemon like vaporeon, jolteon, etc. by copying their ability. Recover is there to allow me to outlast them. Thunderwave is for crippling pokemon.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Magenzone is not fitting in at all with this team, you're much better off the standard Substitute set:

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Timid EV: 216 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 40 HP
Magnet Pull
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- HP Grass / HP Fire
- Magnet Rise

If you added HP Electric on Vaporeon, you could forgo the use of Porygon-2 since Vappy is actually a much better Gyara counter and is a lot more useful. Porygon-2 doesn't beat anything else besides Gyara and seems a little like dead weight to me.

Anyway, just wanted to add a few things since this team wasn't getting any rates =(

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years
Magenzone is not fitting in at all with this team, you're much better off the standard Substitute set:

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Timid EV: 216 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 40 HP
Magnet Pull
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- HP Grass / HP Fire
- Magnet Rise

If you added HP Electric on Vaporeon, you could forgo the use of Porygon-2 since Vappy is actually a much better Gyara counter and is a lot more useful. Porygon-2 doesn't beat anything else besides Gyara and seems a little like dead weight to me.

Anyway, just wanted to add a few things since this team wasn't getting any rates =(

Word, just wanted to say that breeding for HP is hard as hell, so I don't think he'll have access to HP unless he uses the latest RNG abuse techniques.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
Roughly a week later, and no help... Someone please give me better help with this unless it's fine as is.

Please read! HP the legitimate method takes way too long on a game. At least suggest something else.

Now, did you mean that Magnanzone was not working at all with the current layout, or does nothing for the team?

Also, thanks for at least posting when no one else did xD

Word, just wanted to say that breeding for HP is hard as hell, so I don't think he'll have access to HP unless he uses the latest RNG abuse techniques.

^This

Back