• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pyrite

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years

After having clocked in roughly 80+ hours into this ROM Hack, I must say that this really exceeded my expectations. I've been a major sucker for Crystal version based ROM Hacks, and Pyrite definitely takes the cake (and the cream, lmao)
The amount of thought that went into the selection of wild Pokemon in each route, Grass patch, water body really had me rooted because if there was anything in a ROM Hack that dissuaded me from even progressing, it would have to be the limited selection of Pokemon available throughout the dang game.
The game honestly felt like the revamp or the "Third" version that original crystal; should have been. If anything, the game reminded me of the Key system that Black and White 2 had for the player to select difficulties., except it was taken to a whole new level in this hacks. While far more advanced crystal hacks using the Crystal disassembly are out, this hack holds a special place because of how it uses the charm of the original crystal without overdoing much. Thank you so much for contributing to the ROM hacking community.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 14, 2020
Definitely my favorite Crystal hack so far. Btw, I noticed there's a "Fast version" of the romhack but is outdated, why? I already did some progress on that version, and I downloaded the last version from this post, but is really frustrating to lack from running, instant text and that :(

Years
  • Age 53
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Hi, the hack looks great, but I can't get past route 31. There are two trees blocking my path were there shoudn't be any (south of the guy next to a berry tree).
Is this intentional or a bug? Did I miss an event or something? Please help :0
(if this can't be fixed, is there a cheat code for walking through walls? Don't wanna redo everything)

Plus-Sized Scribe

Cry Creator and Whovian
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
This seems like an interesting hack. I'll give it a try at some point soon! :) The fact you can't actually leave the gym until you've beaten it or blacked out is a bit discomfiting, though, I will admit...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
I know you don't look at this but it seems you forgot to edit the Pokémon of one of those fisherman on that bridge early in the game where like all those fisherman have magikarps and an occasional goldeen. One of them, facing south, just has a bunch of low level magikarps. Just seemed unintentional; maybe not

ALSO IS DUNSPARCE STILL IN DARK CAVE? In the original it only has a 1% appearance rate. I saw you added Abra & Machop in there. So I'm afraid you messed with Dunsparce

Just went through 200+ encounters in there. Of course that's not irrefutable proof that Dunsparce isn't in the Violet City side of Dark Cave, but it would be oh so frustratingly ironic if you forgot about the most forgettable Pokémon. You said the Pokédex can be completed. Has anyone ever confirmed that? I imagine you had Pokémon like Celebi in mind when you said that

Is the shiny encounter rate way higher than in the originals? I ran into 2 shinies within a couple hours, which is statistically practically impossible

EDIT: Ran into a 3rd shiny the next day. I also caught a Dunsparce! So yeah, it still appears in the Dark Cave...I ran into one by chance as a kid on my 1st or 2nd encounter after walking in, which I now realize is a near-miracle

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
So I've started playing this hack a few months ago, and I loved every part of it. The new pokemon placement (i.e. Houndour being available much earlier), getting a full PokeDex, new balance... basically everything. I encountered a few minor bugs here and there, like some Kanto trainers not challenging you but nothing gamebreaking. At this point I'm about to confront Red and do the E4 a second time, but first I want to fully complete my dex. There are some I'm still missing, and I was hoping someone could tell me where they are:

- Squirtle and Lapras: are these both just rare encounters in the Johto islands? I've been searching for a while now but have yet to encounter them.

- Scyther: this one is still a rare encounter in the Bug Catching Contest?

- Aipom: I guess I'll have to headbut trees for this one? I think it should be in Kanto but haven't found it yet.

- Aerodactyl: a rare encounter in the last part of Mt. Silver, in the same area where you find the other fossil pokemon?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this!

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Is the shiny encounter rate way higher than in the originals? I ran into 2 shinies within a couple hours, which is statistically practically impossible

To quote from the original post...

SHINY POKEMON: Different DV requeriments and increased probability (1/256) for a Pokemon to be shiny. The properities of the shiny Gyarados and Odd Egg Pokemon have been adequated accordingly. In addition, new shiny Pokemon colors.

Years
  • Seen today
Sorry for bumping this old thread but can someone please tell me how to get access to Mt. Silver after beating Elite Four and all 8 Kanto Gym Leaders? NPC is still blocking the entrance.

As for legendaries I have caught all 3 birds, Raikou, Mewtwo and Lugia. Entei, Suicune and Ho-Oh are missing but I do not know where to find them and more importantly do they unlock Mt. Silver?

Help would be appreciated. I want to beat Red and E4 rematch to finish this hack after 60+ hours.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 9, 2021
My game crashed in the beginning after talking to the scientist after getting my starter in Elm's lab.

https://imgur.com/a/uqZ7X5g

I don't know what that means. The IMG didn't show up in my post properly.

Edit 12/8/20: I switched the crystal rom and now the crash doesn't happen. To be more specific: I replaced the rom "Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.1) [C][!]" with the rom "Pokemon - Crystal Version (USA, Europe) (Rev A)".

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 9, 2021
The change to evolution levels resulted in an interesting increase in difficulty. I actually had some trouble with Bugsy since he had stage 1 Pokemon such as Pinsir, Scyther, and Heracross (maybe this one wasn't on his team) who have great stats this early in the game. Your usual bug Pokemon checks such as flying types and geodude are not as strong and bulky as you would like to help deal with them. I could see this fight as well as Whitney being really tough in a nuzlocke.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 25, 2024
Really enjoying the hack so far, but I'm kinda worried I messed up. I evolved my clefairy before it learned moonlight. Will it still learn moonlight as a clefable? I know pokemon games typically don't let mons that have evolved via stone learn any new moves, but I figured this might be an acception. I'm pretty sure I learned metronome after evolving, but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks for any help!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Hi all,

This is a great rom hack. Been playing for a few hours so far.

Question: Is there a document that lists what wild Pokémon can be found where? I'm trying to find Paras in particular to trade with the NPC in Violet City for Larvitar.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 22, 2021
Hi all,

This is a great rom hack. Been playing for a few hours so far.

Question: Is there a document that lists what wild Pokémon can be found where? I'm trying to find Paras in particular to trade with the NPC in Violet City for Larvitar.

Check Route 36, north Violet City, near Sudowodoo

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 3, 2021
Hi Crystal,

I was wondering if there are other ways to catch Lapras now that Union Cave is no longer available? Lapras is my fav. pokemon~~ Thanks!😄

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2023
i love this hack very much. the creator is very smart. a game hard and smart. thank you for bring me this because made me happy! (sorry for the bad english, im from brazil)

Back