• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I like them! No I love them! Fennekin is sure to be a favorite. I can't wait to see the evolutions. Not sure which I'll pick yet, but I've always loved fire. *I'm not a pyro...yet* Froakie seems to be my leaning choice because a frog is amphibius *Sooooo spelled that wrong* and I wonder if it'll have another type besides water?

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
It doesn't have to be PERFECT to be fair.

For example, if they were Grass / Dark VS Fire / Psychic... Fire still has an advantage over grass, so it doesn't mean that Fennekin couldn't attack Chespin effectively.

I personally think it would be amazing if they had this dual-typing because it would mean that your rival is more evenly matched with you.

You and I have very different ideas about what type triangles actually are!

But, I do agree that I think a secondary real type triangle to counteract the first would be amazing! I've been wanting that since Generation IV. I see Flying/Fighting/Ice or Rock/Ice/Ground being the only ones plausible (at least, from my perspective) with these sets of starters, though.

Also, if we don't get a secondary type triangle, I want Fennekin to evolve into a Fire/Ghost, though. Something mischievous about it gives me the feeling that it's a possibility, and there are plenty of youkai so it's not like it has to be a different Ninetales. Plus, Ghost types are amazing and a Ghost type starter would be awesome!

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I'm gonna choose Fennekin or Chespin because they look cool. Unless Froakie has a cooler looking evolved form I don't think I'm going to start with it, even though water is probably the best type because they can learn good ice/water moves.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
Chespin will be my choice :) though I'm going to want to see what their evolutions are - I find him the cutest. Clearly got my priorities straight.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
The move Fennekin used in the trailer could have been Confuse Ray for all we know. Even if it was Confusion, it's a pretty common move outside of psychic types.

I like the starters either way and will be happy with anything except fire/fighting again lol.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I'm probably going to choose Fennekin when I get a copy of the game but the their evolutionary lines might change my mind. I really don't want Fennekin to become another Fire/Fighting starter to be honest. I also like Froakie because it's a frog and frogs are awesome. I'm going to have a hard time choosing most likely.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
pretty good rumor stemming from mind going around that the starters final types are as follows: Chespin Grass/Fighting Fennekin Fire/Dark Froakie Water/Ice < this makes sense to me because then it would be pretty balanced with each starter having a type that is SE to one of the two other starters types. My favorite one out of the three right now seems to be froakie, he (most of my pokemon are referred to as he's) just looks like knows what he's doing in battle. He's got that astute aura about him that qualifies him to be with a trainer like myself.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Your Reaction: Fennekin's evos will be Fire/Fighting

What will you do if Fennekin's final evolution is a fire/fighting ? Will you still choose the cute little fire starter? Or are you tired of the fire/fighting combo and choose another starter?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I'll see what the evolutions looks like first. If I like the look of Fennekin's evolution better than the other starters, I would choose that even if it was Fire/Fighting. It would actually be the second time I use Fire/Fighting starter because I've never used an Infernape or Emboar in any of my teams before.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I personally would laugh. But no, I wouldn't be deterred from choosing Fennekin just because of a secondary typing. Whether or not I choose it is based on its final evo's stats, moveset and appearance.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I'll just have to settle for the generic flying type Pokemon that you find in the first route until I can find a better Pokemon to use.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I'm pretty sure I've seen Fennekin use a Psychic attack in the Direct video. I'm positive it won't be Fire/Fighting.

blue

gucci
Years
It would be irritating because that would mean it turning into some type of masculine Pokemon and we've had enough of those for Fire starters.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I think Chespin looks more like a fighting type than Froakie, but he also looks dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back