• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

What should be my starter? (Even if you're not participating,help a friend out)

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2019
This will be my first challenge, so I'm very excited! :)
Username: Sigmarus
Game: Firered
Additional Rules: Randomized Pokemon abilities (Wonder guard excluded)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2019
Update log #1:

Out of the three starters, I chose Wigglytuff! I named it Curly-Q because of its cream puff looking hair. My rival chose Girafarig.
The fight soon afterwards was easy.

I managed to avoid any wild Pokemon through Route 1 and arrived in Viridian City.
Oak's Parcel was obtained at the Pokemart and given to Oak promptly.

Time to catch some Pokemon!
After receiving the pokeballs I wandered in the grass on Route 1 to find a Walrein. I failed in attempting to capture it...
On Route 22, I encountered a Nidoking! After a successful capture, I named it Excalibur. Things are looking better for our hero!

After some quick grinding, I encountered my rival. Along with Girafarig, he now has a Surskit. Again, the battle was easy.

After traveling back to Route 1 for more grinding, I came across a shiny Piloswine. Unfortunately, I already attempted to capture a Walrein in that area...

*SAVED*
Current team:
Curly-Q (Wigglytuff)
Level 12

Excalibur (Nidoking)
Level 11

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
Well silly me forgot to backup EVERYTHING and after some terrible luck my everything got corrupted. So instead of giving up I am going to start anew with a recorded version as I saw an interesting layout a few posts back. My re-entry!

Username: M_DubZ
Game: Emerald(Crystal was a little too long)

First update coming soon

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2019
Update log #2

Currently on Route 2 awaiting my next pokemon! In no time, I encounter my next partner: an Eevee! I managed to catch him and named him Stevey. Because my challenge includes randomized abilities, this Eevee in particular had Suction Cups as its ability. Maybe the game was telling me to evolve it into a Vaporeon...

I wanted to get this Eevee leveled ASAP. Unfortunately, a Fearow came along with Shadow Tag and fury attacked poor Stevey to death...goodbye Stevey, we hardly knew ya. I sent Stevey to Box 1 entitled "Heaven." R.I.P.

I was eager to capture another pokemon while in Viridian Forest; however, I stumbled across a Mew. There was no way I could have captured it, so I had to let that one go sadly. After I emerged from the forest, I arrived in Pewter City.

The battle against Brock went off without a hitch. I just grind way too much. ;-; On the way to Route 3, I finally received the running shoes. Thank goodness because I was spamming the speed up button too much. On this route, I caught a Gligar and named her Vinnie. Now it was her turn to gain some levels. Let's see if we manage to run into another shadow tag/arena trap pokemon...

After battling hoards of trainers, I arrived at the Pokecenter at the entrance of Mt. Moon. There, I found the Magikarp Man! I gladly paid 500 Poke for the pokemon. The pokemon I bought was a Swablu and I named him Q-Tip because of all that fluff.

While traveling about in Mt. Moon, Q-Tip died while I was trying to train him up. Looks like another loss for our hero. :( After gaining several levels and having multiple near death experiences, I ended up in Cerulean City.

*SAVED*
Current Team:
Curly-Q (Wigglytuff)
Level 18

Excalibur (Nidoking)
Level 19

Vinnie (Gligar)
Level 18

Badges: 1
Total Pokemon deaths: 2

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I am putting my Randomized Red 721 challenge on hold and signing up for a new one

Username: Phantomness
Game: Alpha Sapphire Randomized
Optional Rules: Black out is game over

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
Well after failed attempts to record emerald and finding a backup copy of an older save of my crystal run I would like to change my game back to crystal. I got my save back to the last update I gave so I will be able to give an update later today.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
  • As soon as I booted up the game I got a call for a Thunderstone, keeping that until Sparky learns Thunder.
  • Crit'd a Clefairy on Route 42.
  • Healed up in Mahogony Town and headed to Route 43 where I also crit'd a Charmander.
  • Made my way up to catch Clue(Swinub)in the middle of Lake of Rage.
  • Healed up then followed Lance into the Rocket's Hideout.
  • My first encounter here was a pretty squishy Goldeen who couldn't handle a quick attack from Sparky.
  • I cleared the hideout with ease, and added Sahara the Sandshrew to my box freeing her from the generator.(static pokemon don't count in my locke).
  • After much frustration trying to remember what order to slide in and almost losing both Jafar and Sparky to two Dragonairs, I leave the Mahogany gym with a new badge.
  • With a phonecall bringing us back to Goldenrod my team and I make my way up to the rocket admin and take the basement key by force.
  • After I deal with my rival I struggle once again trying to remember the correct order for this puzzle.
  • Holding the key card given to me by the director I head up the tower once again to finally drive team rocket out.
  • Healing my team at the pokecenter I decide to call it a day.

I don't know if I was a bit over-leveled for this part of the game or if it was the lackluster mons that were with team rocket. But oh well :/

PARTY
Chico Lvl.34
Boreas Lvl.35
The Beef Lvl.33
Jafarr Lvl.35
SHUCKIE Lvl.37
Sparky Lvl.33

The Deceased
Spike Lvl.14
Express Lvl.16

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
...Well, my Alpha Sapphire run ended with Rich boy Winston, who had a horrible Salamence as his Pokemon. It took out my Torchic, Voltorb, Tympole and Oddish for a total party kill. *Sigh* I didn't even get a single badge!

New sign-up
Player: Phantomness
Game: Pokemon X
Additional Rules: No duplicates, can Wonder Trade gift/starter Pokemon if desired, black out/white out is game over, 50% chance of getting an item after a battle.

I started with Bennett the Fennekin.
On Route 2 I managed to catch Pierce the Bulbasaur.
In Santalune Forest I caught Desiree the Spheal. On Route 3 I caught Adrian the Electrike.
I defeated Viola and got the Bug Badge.
On Route 4 I caught Lyra the Kingdra!
On Route 22 I caught and boxed a Gothorita.
On Route 5 I caught Derek the Sandile.
On Route 6 I caught Lilith the Carvanha.
On Route 7 I caught Fea the Koffing.
I got the Cliff Badge!

Last edited:

ScaryDodge

Something
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2017
Let's Start

Username: BigFish
Game: Fire Red

Edit:

Update 1:
Spoiler:

Update 2:
Spoiler:

Update 3:
Spoiler:

Update 4:
Spoiler:

Update 5:
Spoiler:

Update 6:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Finished my FireRed randomizer WOOT! Got the team to level 60 and battled the league.

Lorelei had Normal Types, Bruno had.... I think Psychic types, Agatha had.... Was it Poison types? I can't remember. D8 Lance had Bug types(FREAKING HORRYFYING SCYTHER I SWEAR) and rival Tay had I think Water types.

Final Team:
Spoiler:

.....poor sapph XD

I'm kinda surpirsed only Pokespe names got through and I didnmt make it through with any KHr ships. XD I even found a Nosepass named GerIta from Hetalia in my Box......? Also I had two Pokemon named Lithium, one Poochyena and one Dusclops. XD WELL ONTO "METWTWO"!

I'd also like to reboot a Red Randmoized 721 hack! I had one somewhere but I lost it. :<

Name: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Randomized Red 721

ScaryDodge

Something
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2017
Update 7:
Spoiler:

Update 8:
Spoiler:

Update 9:
Spoiler:

I BEAT THE GAME!!!!!

Proofs:

Hall of Fame 1:

Hall of Fame 2:

My Final Team:

My Box Pokémons:

My Dead Pokémons:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Added Rules:
TMs are randomized
Use a name generator first name I get also decides gender despite any gender specific Pokemon (ie male Jynx)

Boulder Badge
Starters were Duskull, Roselia, and Honedge. Mot wanting to use a Ghost typed starter again, I chose Roselia. Roselia's name is William.
Rival also got a Roselia. XD
Route 1: Volcanion. Jerk wasted all five Balls.
Route 25(?): Flygon. Also wasted all 3 balls.
Beat Rival's Cacnea and Volcarona.
Got the five free balls from Proffessor because now I'm broke.
Route 2: Mewtwo. Didn't even bother just killed him.
Viridian Forest: Mareep. FINALLY CAUGHT SOMETHING.
Trained Fredrick the Mareep until he was level 11 then continued into the Forest.
Fredrick evolved into Flaaffy.
Pewter Gym: Beat Brock and got TM Psywave. Sold TM Psywave.
Route 3: Kyogre. Threw one ball and gave up. Beat it.
Magikarp Man gave me a Timburr. Nicknamed him Edmund.
Route 4: Raichu. I have an Electric type BUT IT'S A RAICHU. Caught and named Pablo.

Team:
William the Roselia Level 21
Fredrick the Flaaffy Level 21
Edmund the Timburr Level 13
Pablo the Raichu Level 6

I tell you randomizers can give either buttloads of exp everywhere or none at all. .-. i haven't even entered Mt Moon yet.....

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Hi guys! Remember when I was here? So i'm pretty much back which is good.
Since I don't own the thread at this time, I thought about doing a small update, since I haven't used emulated games on my PC in like FOREVER (Damn you, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire)
The thing is, my save is...absent. So I gotta start my pokemon White again!
Exciting~ There is also a new version of the randomizer, so if you click on the program anf open it, it'll probably ask you if you want to automatically update your files!

After a very generic start...
Starters were Rattata, Golett and Elektross, who I immediately picked (Types are randomized)
I did some talking and called my Elektross Bzzt, and saved.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Hi! I is of update now!
I caught a Steel-type Finneon on route 1! That's weird. his name is Finn.
Then I heard Ghetsis blabber and fought N...t'was easy
I killed the Kricketot on route 2...:c
Finn just died, R.I.P, lvl 4-5
BIANCA WHYYY "ready or not" F'course i'm not, you lil...
Bzzt died at the gym, a true hero. 5-11 R.I.P
I acquired a Sharpedo!
And he died...
LOST.
So fast...mhm.
OK new run!

Username: Blastin'TyruntZ
Game: Pokemon Zeta
optional rules: None

Back