• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Absol has strong priority and Super Luck, though... which makes me doubt it ever getting an evolution. Pre-evolution is more likely, yeah.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Also, I'm thinking Absol should have a cute little pre-evo. :3 I'm thinking it'd be kinda adorable, yeah~?

...Not sure about an evo for it since it's attack is ridiculously high, but then again that hasn't stopped Pokemon like Rhyhorn from evolving into Rhyperior, so I guess it stands to reason that maybe its time Absol should have an evo, too?

If that happens i wish it wont be over-decorated like rhyperior.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't think Sableye and Mawile will get pre-evolution, they both are already pretty weak and do not need a further weaker form. What they DO need is an evolution, I couldn't care less for Mawile, but I have always liked Sableye and I believe it deserves an evolution.

I think Mawile deserves an evolution more than Sableye does. Sableye has it's own perks but Mawile really has nothing going for it.

I could see Sableye being more likely to evolve if they introduced a new type which hit Dark/Ghost types super effectively. Otherwise it seems kinda dodgy to be creating an even stronger Dark/Ghost type pokemon.

Mawile is my favourite steel pokemon from the 3rd gen but it's not very usable unfortunately.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Absol has strong priority and Super Luck, though... which makes me doubt it ever getting an evolution. Pre-evolution is more likely, yeah.
Perhaps they could give it's evolution another ability like Intimidate or something totally new like it absorbs Dark moves for added Hp or something...

Either way we shouldn't fear change for these powerhouses, and besides Absol isn't as good as it used to be and lacks good defenses...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Absol still is great and its power and SPEED (which Rypherior doesn't really have) makes it scary. Even if it absorbed dark attacks it'd be scary. A Pokemon with that much power doesn't really need to evolve. If it was slower, sure, but it has a great speed tier already honestly.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Absol still is great and its power and SPEED (which Rypherior doesn't really have) makes it scary. Even if it absorbed dark attacks it'd be scary. A Pokemon with that much power doesn't really need to evolve. If it was slower, sure, but it has a great speed tier already honestly.

I believe Absol should get an evolution, but one that increases only its speed stat. Absol has base 75 speed and terrible defenses, making it very vulnerable to almost any attack that isn't psychic. Absol has the power of a sweeper, crappy defenses of a sweeper, the only thing missing is its speed. MAKE THIS POKEMON HAVE A SPEEDY EVOLUTION, DO IT GAMEFREAK!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Absol isn't really more than slightly above average as far as speed is concerned. It only has a base of 75 which is ok. There are a few unevolved Pokemon that out speed it and a decent number of Stage 1 Pokemon as well.

If that was a real defining factor to not evolve them, Heracross doesn't stand a chance. 125 ATK and 85 SPD. 5 points weaker in attack but faster by 10 than Absol. Pinsir too.

Other than no non-legend can go over 600 BST, I don't believe stats play ANY part in whether a Pokemon should evolve or not. Just because they can evolve doesn't always mean that their stats will go up in ever area. We have Pokemon that lose some points in some of their stats and raise the others to keep them either at the same BST as their previous form or shrink the amount of total points they move up.

An Absol evolution can lose speed but gain more attack and become more bulkier in appearence or redistribute the stats to even out the evolution more and increase its base stat total from 465 to like 480 or 500ish. Its plausible, but stats really don't mean squat as far as evolution is concerned.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
An Absol evo can very well have more special attack in that regard, y'know~ It does have a pretty wide special attack movepool.
I would love that to be honest. I wish that it could better use it's large movepool by using a mix set, however it's attack is better. how about Absol's turned into a mix attacker...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think the issue Absol has outside of it's stats is four moveslot syndrome. It does h ave a large movepool, but it can't really do everything it needs to at once. If it evolved I could see that getting solved (even if we left it's attack the same, and it just got a boost in speed and SpA and maybe lowering its defenses to balance it out), so it wouldn't have to rely on playing mindgames with Sucker Punch and Pursuit.

But I doubt seeing it's SpA getting booosted over 100, it'd just be a little silly at that point.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Possible, but would it make a good mixed attacker? Unless its evo's special attack somehow miraculously jumped past 100, it wouldn't be a very viable one. u_u

Of course it can! Look; Absol can learn Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower. That's a pretty bad-ass special movepool right off the bat! So, even if the Absol evo has around 85~ or so base SpA, that would still make it have a whoppin' 295 maximum special attack, in which with it's movepool along with, say, Night Slash or Superpower, that would still make it a threatening mixed attacker in the metagame. My only concern is that it would need more speed to outrun or tie with base 100 speed pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If it's just a mixed attacker without Super Luck it just kind of loses its Absol-ness and is more like throwing on an evolution for no reason, to me. ;(

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I think Absol should have an evolution that swaps its attack with its special attack, like you others said it has a very good special movepool, but its stats only support physical moves. I also think that Absol should receive a pre-evolution, so it can evolve into either a physical Absol or a special Absol, depending on your preferences.

With all honesty, I would choose either Weavile, Tyranitar, or Krookodile as my physical dark-type, not Absol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh that actually brings up a good idea, a special Krookodile. ;) Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse would make it amazing. n_n

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
There are several evolutions that I would love to see in XY, including the aforementioned Absol. I also want one for the awesomeness that is Dunsparce, possibly the first Normal-Ground type. But as for pre-evos, there is one, and only one, that I will be hoping for: a baby Kangaskhan. Of all the babies they've created so far, they keep forgetting to include the most obvious one. xD

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
There are several evolutions that I would love to see in XY, including the aforementioned Absol. I also want one for the awesomeness that is Dunsparce, possibly the first Normal-Ground type. But as for pre-evos, there is one, and only one, that I will be hoping for: a baby Kangaskhan. Of all the babies they've created so far, they keep forgetting to include the most obvious one. xD

First, oh my god I haven't seen you in forever hi! Second, a pre-evolution for Kangaskhan is definitely overdue, and I'd love to see one. It'd obviously just but what's in its pouch, but I want to to see it still anyways.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Oh that actually brings up a good idea, a special Krookodile. ;) Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse would make it amazing. n_n

A special Krookodile sounded cool to me at first, but then it loses its effectiveness of STAB earthquake, as well as nullifying your chances with stone-edge and outrage.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Earth Power is equally as effective, and I think that if it were to be specially-based, I don't think that it'd lose its physical capabilities. I mean, Hydreigon is more or less specially-based, but it can run physical or even mixed sets~! So I don't think a special evo for Krookodile would be too bad, actually. :3

When Forever mentioned a special Krookodile, I assumed that meant Krookodiles atk an spatk would be swapped (sp=117, atk=65), so I assumed physical attacks wouldn't really work out but you actually meant to turn him into a mixed attacker like Hydreigon. Sorry for misunderstandings :(.

Oh by the way, earth power is NOT as powerful as earthquake!!!!! EQ=100, EP=90!! Besides, earthquake hits everything on the enemys team, earth power only targets one poke. Earthquake pwns, earth power kinda pwns but not as much as earthquake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh right I forgot dark/ground ahaha. Give it Nasty Plot and Power Gem and it'd be scary as in terms of an evolution (if its stats are reversed, that is!)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Oh right I forgot dark/ground ahaha. Give it Nasty Plot and Power Gem and it'd be scary as in terms of an evolution (if its stats are reversed, that is!)

I don't think that special Krookodile will get nasty plot. Hydreigon can't learn nasty plot, and it's a specially based pokemon, PLUS it is part dark-type, Y U NO LEARN! This always bugged me how it can't learn nasty plot, I mean c'mon! Even Togepi can learn it!!!!

Back