• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: An Amazing Adventure [T]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Just gonna put it here that Aisu is going to find the scorch marks and signs of battle. Dibs and all that.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
For the IC, how about... tufts of blue fur caught in a bush?

Sakura can look for that, and anyone else willing to help out~

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I'm looking at finding nothing, but if anyone wants to partner up and either both find nothing or maybe actually find something, I'm open for that.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Ah, there's already the IC there. I see, I see.
Taking the ;Torn (and empty) explorers packs thrown in a bush;, curious as to what happened mhm.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
I'm Down to team up on checking out the torn explorer packs. Surely there's gotta be someee loot righhhhttt?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2018
I'm looking at finding nothing, but if anyone wants to partner up and either both find nothing or maybe actually find something, I'm open for that.
Why not have the Formantis go together? :D Diogo'll be disappointed, but I'm good with finding nothing right away.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Anyone gonna take the tuft of yellow fur? Someone needs to stop Dolly from taking the "Pikachu" fur into her shrine hehehe. :v

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
If anyone wants to get in contact with me feel free to add me on discord of skype. I'd love to interact with some of your characters. Same name on there. Discord tag is Megaman765#5660. Snype's done his fair share of thievery back in town so if anyone happened to be around there, maybe he'd be recognized. We could work out some kinda connection if anyone really wants to

Years
Xiao probably won't find anything unless it's really obvious. As such, he'll probably find the scorch marks and signs of battle. Either that, or he'll stumble upon the blue fur in the bush. I kinda like that option better.

Oh, and on the subject of pronunciation, "Xiao" is pronounced "sh-ow" (it rhymes with "pow").

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Oddball, is your PMD game open or closed? I can't really tell at the moment, it looks like you've accepted everyone and have gone underway.

I was thinking of bringing in my precognitive-skilled Natu character.
This. I REALLY wanna join this RP! I love PMD WAY TOO FREAKING MUCH. I'm actually drawing a character I want to use for this RP, in fact.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
I'm also just as curious about the status of your RP! (: If it's not too late, I was wanting to join in as well. Quite late for the party, in fact, haha.

If not, I am willing to add in my oddball of a character:

Name: Lovett (Love - It)
Nickname: Lolo
Pokemon Species: Froakie

Appearance:

She doesn't look too dissimilar to any other Froakie roaming the lands. While her family would argue that she can be recognized out of a herd of their kind, her cousins think otherwise. Despite this, if one were to pay attention to detail, they would immediately notice the distinct differences she sports. Pull out a ruler and one finds she is shorter than your average 1'00" height; instead she stands at 10 inches. Lifting her right leg would reveal a white crescent moon-shaped birthmark on the sole of her right foot. In addition, she wears a unique bracelet around her right wrist constructed by her younger brother. This bracelet is made of a loose black string that intricately wraps around a small, white seashell.

History:

As the first-born child to a family of six, Lovett had grown with responsibility and pressure on her shoulder. Whether it is through leading as an example for the smaller ribbits or being the experimental child of the family, this frog has learned enough to get by on her own.

She grew up with a lack of disaster or death in her vision, constantly showered by happy memories and dreams. Lovett took the blame for the messes her smaller siblings did, did errands for her mother, aided her father in hunting, and was even taking up on the task of finding a lovely mate to continue the family line.

Simple and comfortable were the best words that could describe Lovett's life, until just recently. Unaware of her brother's work under the shadows, Lovett aided him with his hunting and gathering. Little did they expect to find him absent one faithful night, a group of nasty thieves surrounding their den instead. Her father did everything he could, fending them off in order for the children to leave.

Being as overly attached to her father as she always was, Lovett broke from her mother's grasp and dashed back into the den.

What she witnessed that day was not her father's reassuring nod or comforting words. It was not her brother's return either, or the chant of victory from any of the family's friends. Instead, she was greeted with her father's body. Bruised and cut, he widened his eyes upon the sight of Lovett, his limp body slowly falling to reveal her brother as the culprit of the invasion. Mortified, she froze in place. The sounds of his steps were loud, making her jump in every instance.

"A lovely day, isn't it? Go back to bed," he uttered, leaving Lovett in an explosion of dark smoke. And that was it.

She succumbed to the depression, the flicker of joy in her eyes diminishing with every passing day. Her mother was no different, but this didn't stop her from taking her father's place in the family. Hunting, gathering, traveling, and ignoring the nightmares became the norm. No longer was her father waking her up at the crack of dawn to catch food, nor her brother pestering her with the latest drama developing in the neighborhood.

If it wasn't for her mother's friend, Stacy she called herself, who spoke of a possible way to prepare her children for the outside world, then Lovett would have never considered the thought of joining a guild.

Then maybe she could understand a little more about the confusion still found in that faithful day of her past. Just maybe.

Personality:

Lovett is an enigma to some, her mind unable to be deciphered by many. Her actions seem to contradict what she thinks, a trait that arose due being raised to do or say what she thought was correct regardless of what opinion she may carry.

Social, honest, quirky, yet gullible, naïve, and emotional. Having been raised with no plaguing problems for most of her life, she never found the need to be placed in a position where her voice was needing to be heard, causing her to develop an anxiety for large crowds, unable to stand her ground, or never become anything close to a sweet talker. Instead, she always relied on "actions vs words." As a result, she was never good at sweeping others off their feet, charming a crowd, or lying her way out of situations. In fact, if anything, she easily puts trust on to others, always believing there is good in everyone she meets. Harming or hurting another irks Lovett, leading to her sometimes putting herself in situations she could have easily avoided if she simply stated what she truly felt of the ordeal. But that does not mean she will avoid hurting anyone, bad guys are bad guys, come on.

However, she is responsible, patient, kind, and ambitious. She never leaves a project unfinished, and grew up wanting to be the best out of a group. This seems to mix oddly with her childish dreams and interests, which begin to show as one gets to know her more. If one were to take the time to peel the layers one by one, Lovett can slowly be unraveled to be a hurt child trying to avoid being swept away by the bad of the world like her brother had been. They will be greeted by a loyal friend willing to risk her own life for the safety of another.

Social by nature, she was raised with a large group constantly around her. Unfortunately, this caused her to become rather crestfallen when by her own for too long, seeking company from anybody she can. Despite this, she feels herself as a burden if she were to ask for help, causing her to resort to solving problems on her own.

Fortunately, her father constantly placed her under stress, allowing her to learn how to remain calm, think clearly in such situations, and how to avoid letting her emotions get the best of her. Violence may not be the first thing she resorts to, can very well bottle her emotions, and is not fazed by others prying into the most personal of her issues. In fact, at times she may place herself at the spotlight if it means her comrade avoids the heat of the argument.

Moveset: Pound – Bubble – Quick Attack – Lick – Water Pulse - Camouflage (Egg Move)​

Last edited:

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
slowly working on a joint post with megaman. slowly. because of prelims, i can't enter PC that much. but winter break is so close. hanging in there.

(mrrow too, without his ukulele.)

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Why not have the Formantis go together? :D Diogo'll be disappointed, but I'm good with finding nothing right away.

Oops, I Somehow missed this when reading the thread and notifications. I've already started a post off on my own, but it's more of an introduction. We can meet up in the forest, however.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years

Quetzalli
The Oracle

lzJyqeL.jpg

??Gold Pilot Extended
Escape Goat 2 playlist
Flare - Green Sun
Seclusion

[h2][/h2]

? Age and Experience. ?

Her eyes and feathers show evidence of old age.

Most of her life has been spent using her powers to protect others - foreseeing dangerous events in time to make preparations, or using psychic abilities to lend protection.​

?

? Personality. ?

When she opts to remain quiet, the Natu can give off a mysterious air.

When she does speak, it's clear that years of experience and visions have blessed her with wisdom and ethics. She speaks evenly, with forethought, rarely raising her voice. She can even come across as a caring old lady, concerning herself with everyone's well-being.

Occasionally, a smile will play across her oft-pensive face.

In fact, it's not unheard of for the old bird to prod others with teasing that only an old lady can get away with.​

2hc4Riz.png

[h2][/h2]

? Psychic Abilities. ?

Augury - Quetzalli has a vision that may depict past or future events.

Scrying - Quetzalli sees visions of what has happened to the target object/Pok?mon in the past, or what may happen in the future.

Small Prophecies - Quetzalli glimpses a moment of the near future, and may use this knowledge in the near future to improve her reaction, her odds of survival, her accuracy, etc.

Mark of Vision - Quetzalli connects to another Pok?mon's mind to perceive the world with their senses from their perspective.

Illusionary Senses - Quetzalli stimulates another Pok?mon's brain, tricking the brain into feeling touches or seeing things that aren't real.

Telekinesis - Quetzalli moves an object or Pok?mon with her mind, causing them to "float."

Telepathy - Quetzalli projects her voice into other's minds. She can sometimes read thoughts as well.​

?

? Combat Ability. ?

Lucky Chant - Quetzalli chants an incantation toward the sky, protecting her and her allies from critical hits for five rounds.

Peck - Quetzalli flies in the air, then hammers and jabs her beak into a foe.

Psyshock - Quetzalli gains psychic access to her opponent's mind, and tricks their brain into experiencing debilitating pain even though they are under no bodily harm. Psyshock inflicts physical damage, despite being classified as a special move.

Night Shade - Quetzalli causes her foe's mind to perceive a frightening mirage, inflicting ghost-type damage.

Teleport - Quetzalli disappears from one location and reappears in another, so long as she can accurately envision her destination (e.g. through previous memorization or line-of-sight).

Magic Bounce - Quetzalli's ability allows her to psychically repel and reflect status moves. e.g. a move that would lower her defence, or put her to sleep.​

VbSDfKF.jpg

?

? Background. ?

Whether it was the Guilds, the Expedition Society, or just around town, it's likely you've heard this rumour, murmured between Pok?mon.
Whenever the topic of the uncertain future comes up, someone will inevitably bring it up...

Rumours of an old bird who lives by herself on a rocky cliff.

Rumours that she could see into the future with her right eye,
and into the past with her left.

Rumours that remain alive to this day.

These rumours were not unfounded. It seemed this old Natu was gifted with abilities not only psychic, but precognitive. And she refuses to misuse such a gift - believing it is her duty to use the gift Mother Mew has given her to protect others.

Truthfully though, she was happy about the rumours. Most of them depicted her as a mysterious elderly bird with astounding precognitive abilities. Few knew her by name, but instead by the rumour.

And without those rumours, no one would know of her, would they? She would just be a lonely old lady letting her ability go to waste.

Members of the Guild, or of the general Pok?-populace would seek her out now and again, for her wisdom or for her talent of seeing events both past and future.

In time, they asked her to join the Guild, to fill a position of Oracle,
as she always had been to them unofficially. This is where we join her now, in the present day.

Her premonitions are one of their biggest defences against disasters, both natural and criminal.
Though she would also tell the pasts and futures of more personal queries.

She is usually addressed as Oracle or The Oracle.
Those who know her well, use her real name.​

?

? Childhood and Middle Age. ?

As a child, Quetzalli often used her precognition to cheat. Schoolwork, games, what have you. Sneaking peeks into the future even as a young chick proved to be an advantage she would often use unfairly, during the folly of youth.

Only as an adult did her ability to look into the past materialize, and at this point she worked as a historian for the Keepers Guild. Quetzalli loved this job, it suited her so well and she found it very fulfilling. She worked together with a dear teammate in the Artisans Guild, an artistic Dwebble who loved to carve. (To this day, Quetzalli lives in a dome-shaped clay house carved by that Dwebble, and keeps many pots and sculptures made by her, to decorate said home.)

But her temptation to cheat lingered, and she used it in the world of gambling. She was a clever bird, using her clairvoyance subtly to glimpse moments of the future of these gambling games, cheating the system in order to win. After being caught one too many times at each of the small gambling games around town, she was banned from each one. The Keepers Guild frowned upon this news, and asked her to resign. With her old way of life lost, Quetzalli chose to change her lifestyle, becoming a fortune teller and soothsayer for anyone who would visit.

She honed her craft during this time, and eventually, she was asked to see the future for a member of nobility, Jun Unfezant.
Telling him of his future is her biggest regret to this day.
As soon as she foretold a vision that disagreed with him - a vision of his defeat by the hands of a boy - Jun Unfezant went into a flurry, sending his warriors to kill this threat before it killed him. The casualities were heavy, and so is this memory on Quetzalli's mind.

Though Jun is now out of the picture, and Quetzalli lives on her own now, she is still wary of how others may react to her foretellings. She reminds herself she must always consider how any Pok?mon may react and change the future, if she tells them what she has envisioned. She must act not only as a clairvoyant, but as a wise moral figure as well.​

k4nHnBb.png

[h2][/h2]

? Goals. ?

Quetzalli does not actively seek any enemy Pok?mon's defeat.
Ideally, she'd like to see peace between any two groups of conflict.

Protecting her "kin" is foremost on her mind, and if that means neutralizing a threat that looms in the near future, so be it.

Quetzalli has accomplished much she's proud of in her long life, though she still has one main life goal she'd like to attain, and soon: evolution. She feels that the form of a Xatu would befit her age, experience, and abilities much more.

She reminds herself she must always consider how any Pok?mon may react and change the future, if she tells them what she has envisioned. She must act not only as a clairvoyant, but as a wise moral figure as well. Her decisions on how to react to the future that she's foreseen, may well end up changing the future.​

?

? Religion and Spirituality. ?

Quetzalli subscribes to the Mewish faith, a belief that Mew is the Mother of all Pok?mon (and that Arceus only created the universe, not its lifeforms).

This faith emphasizes nurturing, protection, peace, and to some extent learning.

Her religious demeanour: Somewhat tolerant, occasional expression of beliefs, rare conversion, humble attitude​

?

? Hobbies and Handicaps. ?

Hobbies: Fortune telling (obviously), philosophizing, reading, storytelling,
music and art appreciation, antiques, and oddly enough, gambling.

Oddities: Superstition, exaggeration, and eavesdropping.

Handicaps: One of the most obvious handicaps Quetzalli has is her age. She's old. Old enough that her body can fail to keep up with young people. Her mind is exceptional, but time has taken its toll on her body.

She's also a bird, which means telekinesis is the only way she has to hold onto things, unless she uses her talons, which seems to be frowned upon by some.

Speaking of being frowned upon. Some Pok?mon choose ignorance over education, leading to ugly misconceptions about the Xatu's precognitive abilities.

Finally... as wise as she is, she has not gotten over her temptation to use her visions to cheat.​

?

? Core Traits. ?

Primary motivators:
Moodiness:
Outlook:
Integrity:
Impulsiveness:
Agreeableness:
Interactivity:
Boldness:
Conformity:

Peace, protection, understanding, wisdom