• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Actually Twilight Princess takes place in an entirely different timeline from the Great Flood and Windwaker so it makes them existing the same realm physically impossible as the Rito were supposedly descendants/evolutions of the Zora.
SO THERE ARE NO ZORAS IN WIND WAKER? well thats dumb. In saying that then, Zoras and Ritos shouldnt be... in the same place... together... YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING RIGHT?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
SO THERE ARE NO ZORAS IN WIND WAKER? well thats dumb. In saying that then, Zoras and Ritos shouldnt be... in the same place... together... YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING RIGHT?
Yeah, I know what you're saying, but this takes place in the "Defeated Hero" timeline, where neither of those were introduced. Those characters were never created because the Zelda team didn't invent them until later games, but who's to say they weren't there? This takes place before Legend of Zelda and Zelda II, but after Link's Awakening, during "The Gold Era".

Spoiler:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
SOOOO IM GONNA TROW A RP AT YOU GUYS!!!

*cough* i guess i can GM a RP and work and do school at the same time :P

ANYWAYS

it'll be about 12 teenagers (or ten) who live on earth, and the funny thing is, it's YOU, you have to add your own age, your own name, and your own history in the sign-up, YOU will be that teenager.
it would be cool if you would describe your own appearence but you can also choose a pic to describe it, an anime pic or so...

Example:

my real name would be Nami Felicity Victoria Himari, then my signup would be like this:

Spoiler:

you will be send from earth to the pokemon world when you are sleeping and wake up with this sign somewhere on your body, everyone will have a different color:

Spoiler:

you will also be linked to a pokemon, choosen from a list i will make.

i don't really have a plot yet though, so please help me?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
SOOOO IM GONNA TROW A RP AT YOU GUYS!!!

*cough* i guess i can GM a RP and work and do school at the same time :P

ANYWAYS

it'll be about 12 teenagers (or ten) who live on earth, and the funny thing is, it's YOU, you have to add your own age, your own name, and your own history in the sign-up, YOU will be that teenager.
it would be cool if you would describe your own appearence but you can also choose a pic to describe it, an anime pic or so...

Example:

my real name would be Nami Felicity Victoria Himari, then my signup would be like this:

Spoiler:

you will be send from earth to the pokemon world when you are sleeping and wake up with this sign somewhere on your body, everyone will have a different color:

Spoiler:

you will also be linked to a pokemon, choosen from a list i will make.

i don't really have a plot yet though, so please help me?

"Throwing people into games"-RPs do seem to be really popular these days ^^ So, how about those who aren't teenagers, we can't join or what? :p I think some people (like myself) won't be very keen on revealing their real name and appearance here, just so you know.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014

An easy explanation would be to just say that Zoras never went extinct and the two just share a common ancestor that was more like the modern Zora than the Rito. It's like how we evolved from monkey's but there are still monkeys running around.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm currently working on the Zelda sandbox! It is indeed canon!

The Title:

HYRULE: The Golden Era

I question your use of the evolution theory but it does make sense in this topic.

Sapphire Rose

Years
@RHCP- well, those who arents teenagers can still join xD

It was just an idea though, but it would be more fun if people went into that RP as themselves.

I just hope people will like my idea :3 and most of us do already now each others real name, no? XD

And about the appearence, i wouldnt really mind if you would make a random appearence, im not really too keen of showing me real name and appearence either, but i think it'd be fun.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Yeah, I know what you're saying, but this takes place in the "Defeated Hero" timeline, where neither of those were introduced. Those characters were never created because the Zelda team didn't invent them until later games, but who's to say they weren't there? This takes place before Legend of Zelda and Zelda II, but after Link's Awakening, during "The Gold Era".

Spoiler:
Oh, Right. Wasn't the "Defeated Hero timeline introduced with the release of Zelda Historia?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Oh, Right. Wasn't the "Defeated Hero timeline introduced with the release of Zelda Historia?

Well, I suppose you could say that, but technically it's existed just never been explained. Especially considering the earlier games started on that timeline.

Anyways, The Golden Era takes place after Link's Awakening, and after Ganon is destroyed. It is an Era of peace in Hyrule where wealth and happiness prospered, and peoples' faith in the Goddesses was restored. The power of the Triforce was used to enrich the land. However, it's rumored that Ganon is going to be resurrected.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
The RP is going to be canon, and I'm researching consistently to make sure whatever else I imagine possible (because plenty of things can happen that aren't known to be solid fact) isn't breaking any rules.

Fun fact: Did you know that the Kokiri can leave the forest without dying?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The RP is going to be canon, and I'm researching consistently to make sure whatever else I imagine possible (because plenty of things can happen that aren't known to be solid fact) isn't breaking any rules.
Of course. Though, its because of this alone that I'm surprised you're taking up such an ambitious project. It's commendable, the amount of work you're putting into it.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
This reminds me of how I went through all the trouble of making Pokemon Fallout "possible". Only the Zelda timeline is convoluted and extraordinarily unfun to research in comparison to Pokemon history. |D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Quick interest check.

I'm considering running a dark-ish fantasy game, in a world I created with inspiration from various sources. The plot of the game is that each character is from a different race, searching for a way to prevent any further attacks by a group of monstrous individuals scholars are calling "Antideluvians". These creatures, one that went to each race, tore a path of destruction through the lands, until they managed to be stopped by an individual. Whether it was because of a desperate strike from somebody not trained in combat, the tactics of a military commander, or a magickal pact with the denizens of Sin.

I'll summarize the races people can play as and answer questions, if anyone has 'em.

Drasi Humans
Spoiler:

Ursuul Humans
Spoiler:

The Sidhe/Elves
Spoiler:

Kobolds
Spoiler:

Lings/Halflings
Spoiler:

There are also Changelings, who are an extremely rare individual from any of the previous races, who was mutated by the Fey. Because of their rarity and wildly different mutations, it's hard to summarize them.

And a bonus mystery race that more information will be given on if this actually takes off.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
This reminds me of how I went through all the trouble of making Pokemon Fallout "possible". Only the Zelda timeline is convoluted and extraordinarily unfun to research in comparison to Pokemon history. |D

Really? I actually enjoyed the research, but I'd also enjoy Pokemon research. I suppose I lean toward the Zeldaverse instead of the Pokeverse, but that's just me.

Also, I don't remember where I read this, but it was supposedly confirmed that the Hero's Shade is indeed Ocarina of Time's Link.

Zelda games are fun and interesting, but there's actually a huge story between all of the games that I just find endlessly interesting.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2013
Also, I don't remember where I read this, but it was supposedly confirmed that the Hero's Shade is indeed Ocarina of Time's Link.

Really? According to Hyrule History, the Hero's Shade is a spiritual manifestation of the regrets of the Hero of Time. Maybe that's kinda the same thing, I don't know. Can't wait until we get an official translation of that book. ^^

Also, I'm quite interested in your RP as well. Was hoping to be able to play as a Deku Scrub but I guess a Goron will have to do. :P

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I do remember a theory a while back saying the same thing (with a rather grim reason for him becoming the Hero's Shade), but yeah, according to Hyrule Historia, it's confirmed (albeit for much more grim of a reason).

Hmm...now I'm actually thinking of buying Hyrule Historia, it contains a crapton of information that solidifies a lot of what we didn't know and weren't sure of. It is a little sad, though, as I found that creating your own timeline based on what one put together was fun, but still, its a pretty appealing infobook (and it's not to say that you can't still do that).

Speaking of pokemon, I could see them doing an infobook as well; they really should, it's necessary and, as much work as it'd be, it would net them quite the sum of money. I could see it being beneficial to a lot of potential (and current) RPs as well.

@Lilizuki - Ah, a Western Fantasy themed RP. It's strange that there's only one of those that's currently active, so this is a nice sight. I like what your doing with the races and their geographies, its pretty creative. I'm also a fan of the cultures based in religion. This isn't based off of anything, is it?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Quick interest check.

I'm considering running a dark-ish fantasy game, in a world I created with inspiration from various sources. The plot of the game is that each character is from a different race, searching for a way to prevent any further attacks by a group of monstrous individuals scholars are calling "Antideluvians". These creatures, one that went to each race, tore a path of destruction through the lands, until they managed to be stopped by an individual. Whether it was because of a desperate strike from somebody not trained in combat, the tactics of a military commander, or a magickal pact with the denizens of Sin.

I'll summarize the races people can play as and answer questions, if anyone has 'em.

Drasi Humans
Spoiler:

Ursuul Humans
Spoiler:

The Sidhe/Elves
Spoiler:

Kobolds
Spoiler:

Lings/Halflings
Spoiler:

There are also Changelings, who are an extremely rare individual from any of the previous races, who was mutated by the Fey. Because of their rarity and wildly different mutations, it's hard to summarize them.

And a bonus mystery race that more information will be given on if this actually takes off.

I agree with machomuu, this sounds good, especially if religion is included. The plot sounds a bit vague at the moment though, but I guess it will be clearer when you write it out in a post. Would you act as the GM, mainly?

Sapphire Rose

Years
The plot for my RP with no name! (not yet)

Plot:
Spoiler:

You:
Spoiler:

Would anyone like this idea? Im gonna work out this RP soon. Also, like i mentioned earlier.

YOU are in this RP, which means you include your real name, age, country and history in the sign-up, appearence isn't necessery since… well i just think it isn't ^^; also, if you really dont like to put your real name and stuff in the sign up, i guess you could PM then to say this.

|__ ill also include this in the RP itself.

Khawill brought me on the idea ^^

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
The plot for my RP with no name! (not yet)

Plot:
Spoiler:

You:
Spoiler:

Would anyone like this idea? Im gonna work out this RP soon. Also, like i mentioned earlier.

YOU are in this RP, which means you include your real name, age, country and history in the sign-up, appearence isn't necessery since… well i just think it isn't ^^; also, if you really dont like to put your real name and stuff in the sign up, i guess you could PM then to say this.

|__ ill also include this in the RP itself.

I love it :3 If it comes up, I'm definitely signing up for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back