• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
In it, there will be a number of events in which Roleplayers can participate in to win medals (emblems). These events, unlike London Olympics, will test the writing ability of our amazing community!

It has not started yet, so there isn't really a need to know details yet, is there? :3 It will probably be a lot like the RPA yet different.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Alright, submitted my new roleplay. It isn't based on some kind of television, game, book, or movie series, but it does have a big community. That's all I'm giving away.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
RP Olympics sound so interesting! I'm as excited as the actual Olympics starting today. :D I have a bit more time by then so I'll be sure to be there. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Sounds interesting, I may have to join and kick everyone's @**.

Anyways, I plan to attempt a non-Pokemon RP, this time with a original world created by me. (and any interested Co-GM's, wink wink) I would have something written down by now, but I'm having trouble deciding a certain era or setting to use in order to sculpt my world. So I will leave some choices, and if the RP Corner wants to be a lamb, could give your preferences please.

Different setting options:

• Wild West
  • Realistic Medival
  • Fantasy Medival
  • Tribal
  • Modern
  • Renaissance
  • Futuristic
If it wouldn't inconvienience you, could you please submit your preference of era in order for me to create a new RP with.

Thanks in advance.

I'm just going to put this here. Just to let 'chall know.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
@EliteKiller I think I would go with Tribal, since there is nothing like that around here at all.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
EliteKiller: Ahhh! Please do a renaissance rp! That would be awesome.

Tribal would be next best, at a short second. Its a pretty unique idea too.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
My Kid Icarus RP might me more than I can handle. Does anyone feel interested in being a Co-GM to help me out?

I just realized these are the first RP Olympics I'll ever join! Are these the first RP Olympics to be hosted?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hello everyone! I realize we didn't provide a lot of information about the Roleplay Olympics to you, but we'd like to keep most of it a bit of a surprise when it finally does come out. However, we decided to give you a bit more information about it, and to hopefully answer your questions.

The idea itself came from an earlier idea Ichiro had, but never quite followed through on. While looking through some stuff about the London Olympics, Raikiri, The_Original_Raitan and I decided to try something new like this around here. The idea of it is that it will replace this quarter's RPAs, and instead we will be doing this event. If the event proves successful this year, we will try to make it a usual thing once a year. This is the very first Roleplay Olympics (RPOs)!

The RPOs are much like the regular Olympics. You participate in certain events for medals (in this case emblems). Instead of testing your physical prowess like the Olympics, the RPOs are all about Roleplaying. There will be multiple categories/events which you may sign up for, and therefore participate in, all of which involve writing of some sort. On August 1st, the events will be displayed in a thread, and you will have a week's time to sign up for them. In order to participate in that category/event, you must sign up for it! You may participate in as many events as you like. There is no limit!

A panel of 5 people will judge each piece of writing in every their event. Judges are interchangeable in every event, so if you would like to participate as a judge for any of the events, you may do so. However, you may not sign up for an event of which you are a judge.

Note that absolutely ANYONE can participate in the Roleplay Olympics. Anyone on PC has that right.

There are four possible emblems to be acquired in each event. Like the Olympics, there is the standard Gold, Silver, Bronze emblems that you can receive for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. However, if you merely participate in the RPOs, whether in one event or all of them, and whether you win or you don't, you will receive a participatory emblem nonetheless!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah, Supervegeta and Raikiri and The_Original_Raitan were all yelling at me, so I was like, "hey, sure, whatever, sounds awesome!"

I'd really wanna invite people from Fan-Fiction when it starts up since it is all about writing, but they have no discussion thread like we do. So, when it starts up, feel free to invite any of your PC friends to join. ;D

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Oh so that's what this was about! I am so in! It sounds like a lot of fun :D

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
@Elite Killer; a renaissance + fantasy medieval type of role-play would be a lot of fun in my opinion.

I've been having an idea for a role-play that's also non-Pokemon, well two ideas, but I can choose one over majority votes/suggestions of others and one sort of relates to Pokemon. This might sound weird, but it's in fact a crossover of two games, much like a fanfiction.

The first idea was a Fire Emblem + Legend of Zelda cross role-play.

The second idea was a Legend of Zelda + Pokemon cross role-play. The idea in this is that the Pokemon world is in Legend of Zelda-esque, and the monsters of Legend of Zelda are replaced by Pokemon. So, for instance, Dinalfos would be let's say Krookodile, and Aerolfos are Archeops. A select amount of humans (or hylians, or whatever species you want to be based from Zelda) would have to group up, not immediately, but along the way. Each one would go into a dungeon near their hometown/village, to acquire a necessary key item that will pertain to the plot.

This idea, I got from fusing Twilight Princess + Kanto & Unova regions fused together.

Another "Zeldamon" idea was using Windwaker's Great Sea. Anyone remember the KoRL telling you that you can't sail over the border of the sea? He says something about "it's too dangerous to go this far, so let's turn back". Well, what if, beyond that point of the Great Sea, was in fact the Hoenn and Orre regions? (since it's the most water covered regions, and Orre practically has a giant ocean by Gateon Port).

As for the Fire Emblem + Legend of Zelda idea, well it's a huge idea that I don't I could get down because I'm really excited.

I know these probably sound weird and probably one of those "impossible" ideas, but maybe fans of either series and such could give feedback or anything? I just thought something different can/could be done.

Years
@Skymin I completely agree with you about the Fan-Fiction thing.

Yeah, it's gonna be pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I really hope the RPO's come out well.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Yeah, Supervegeta and Raikiri and The_Original_Raitan were all yelling at me, so I was like, "hey, sure, whatever, sounds awesome!"

I'd really wanna invite people from Fan-Fiction when it starts up since it is all about writing, but they have no discussion thread like we do. So, when it starts up, feel free to invite any of your PC friends to join. ;D

Perhaps you can tell Astinus or bobandbill to make an announcement, that way everyone in FF&W could know about the RPOs.

I'd like to join those RPOs, even when I know me and my crappy english will be crushed :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back