• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus IS NOT CREATOR OF EARTH.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
Hello everyone, This has been in my mind for a long time and i decided to make a PokeCommunity Account to tell people >_>. I been really annoyed in real life when people say Arceus is God and he created everything blah blah blah. Anyways heres what i complained from the movie. First NO where in the movie does Arceus or anyone say that he is the creator of earth. Rather when it is said what he created the screen was on he's "Planet", And the other creation trio's planet's. Yes he also created a part of earth Sinnoh but that was it. Also at the end of the movie he says "This planet of yours is a great one". So please stop people from continuing with there theory that Arceus is the creator of earth. He is not. But it's also true we do not know yet how earth was made , My theory is Mew. It had to be Mew. Mew. Mew...MEWWWWWWWW.

DaEpicTrainer

One Pokemon to Rule Them All
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
First, calm down.Second he wasn't the creator of earth..Who even says that?Arceus is the creator of ''Pokémon''.Mew didn't create the earth also.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
Arceus created the Pokémon that created the Earth, time, space and all that. He also created the ancestor of all modern Pokémon(except a few legendaries), Mew.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
First of all, you might need to brush up on your English coz I barely understood this but what I read from the title, I knew what it meant.

Second, nobody ever said Arceus is the creator of Earth. Arceus is just creator of some Legendaries & Sinnoh. In my way of view, Arceus is just a being with greater power.

Also, no need for the tone you're using. People can follow their own beliefs & you can follow yours. No need to release your anger here, OK? Just stay calm, like DaEpictrainer said, relax & make friends here.

Have fun at PC.

~Mid, BW2's Biggest Fan

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I been really annoyed in real life when people say Arceus is God and he created everything blah blah blah. Anyways heres what i complained from the movie. First NO where in the movie does Arceus or anyone say that he is the creator of earth. Rather when it is said what he created the screen was on he's "Planet", And the other creation trio's planet's. Yes he also created a part of earth Sinnoh but that was it. Also at the end of the movie he says "This planet of yours is a great one". So please stop people from continuing with there theory that Arceus is the creator of earth. He is not.

The movie never really touched on Arceus's role as the Alpha Pokemon, instead it told a story of being wronged in the past. However, the games is were to main logic of Arceus being the creator comes from, as very old documents in the game state that Arceus was born of an egg that came from a void of chaos before the universe even existed. When the egg hatched into Arceus, the legend says that it "shaped the universe with its 1000 arms", so the games are the ones saying Arceus created the universe, it didn't just come from fan speculation.

I will say that I don't think Arceus is a "god", only that it created the universe. I don't believe the people of the Pokemon world actually worship it as an almightly deity, as much as they simply respect it for its great power and pay tribute to it, as they do with a lot of Legendary Pokemon with shrines and such.

My theory is Mew. It had to be Mew. Mew. Mew...MEWWWWWWWW.

There is no evidence at all to suggest Mew created the world. The Pokedex simply says that scientists believe it could be the ancestor of all Pokemon since it has the DNA of them all and can use any attack, but that's the only info on Mew that is provided. It is not a proven fact that Mew is the great ancestor, it's only a theory of the Pokemon scientists.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Arceus is referred as Alpha Pokémon. Alpha means the first so he was the first one to hatch from the chaos' egg then he created the universe, created the creation trio etc.. And if you look at it pragmatically you can say that by creating the universe he created Earth as well.
If we take religion into consideration then the one who created the universe was god and because we know Arceus did that we can say that Arceus IS a God.
And since Big Bang pretty much do not work in Pokémon we may presume that Arceus is the only possibility for Earth to be created.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
I agree with Ash493. Arceus created the Pokemon that created Earth so technically he IS the creator of Earth. Arceus even created Mew so there is no way that Mew created Earth since it has a very limited amount of power. The only Pokemon Arceus didn't create are Mewtwo, porygon/z etc. So on my opinion Arceus is a Pokemon god.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
There is nothing backing up any of this.

The only thing Arceus ever created is an egg containing a dimension legendary. That is a fact. Creating the universe? A nice story, nothing more.
And even for that legendary counterpart of breeding, it needed the help of hundreds of Unown...

"It shaped the universe with its thousand arms."
I absolutely love it how people continue to copy paste that one in full and take it serious.
Let me try to point the inetresting part out for you:
"It shaped the universe with its thousand arms."
The thousand arms are there for a reason. They are absolutely absurd and utter nonsense.
For example one could extend the sentence to make it a bit more obvious where this is going:
"It shaped the universe with its thousand arms, using helicopters driven by chicken and spoons made of ice cream."

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
It is not a proven fact that Mew is the great ancestor, it's only a theory of the Pokemon scientists.

I'm quoting this for its amazing truth that many people don't really see. Just because the PokeDex says it doesn't mean it's actually true--just like many professors say, there's still a lot of mysteries surrounding Pokemon, and we don't know everything there is to know yet.
Just because the Pokemon scientists think that Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon doesn't mean that it is.

In a case like this, I like to make note of the "unofficial timeline of the Pokemon world" that Bulbapedia created, which gives a pretty interesting opinion on Mew's role as the "ancestor of all Pokemon" (basically, that it's the ancestor of all gen 1 Pokemon, and all Pokemon that didn't play a role in shaping the planet or universe) (be careful because it MAY contain B2W2 spoilers now...). To me, that idea makes a good deal of sense and allows Mew to hold its role neatly alongside Arceus.
And there is definitely no proof that Mew created Earth. As for Arceus, the description of the creation of the universe and earth itself are kind of vague in the games, but there is more proof leaning in Arceus's direction than there ever has been in Mew's. Mew's assumed role is of the "ancestor of all Pokemon," not "the creator of stuff."

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 23, 2018
I don't think Arceus is a god, But I do that he created Sinnoh. How? Simple, the Unown. after hatching from the first egg (probably formed by Unown) It has been said that Arceus created the world with 1000 arms. For a start Arceus doesn't have any arms so this must be a personification of some sort. This is where the Unown come in. After Being created by them, Arceus probably realized their potential and so used them to create Sinnoh and other things (e.g.: The reation trio, the lake trio, etc. and the first Pokemon, Mew). This would explain why there are various ruins in most regions that use Unowns as text on their walls as they have observed and acknowledged their power from their regions.
But that's just a theory! :wink-right-eye:

Back