• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Super Smash Bros. Fan Club

WELCOME TO THE SUPER SMASH BROS. FAN CLUB, a place where Brawlers from all around PC come together to discuss about the game. If you are a die-hard fan of Super Smash Bros, then this place is definitely for you!

Signup Form:
Your username:
(That's all you have to put since I'm too lazy to actually make a complete signup form xD)

Rules:
-All global PokeCommunity rules apply!
-Avoid arguments. Respect each other's opinions on the game.
-Stay on topic.
-No spamming or flaming of posts.
-Enjoy!

Members List:
dragon456
PokeGirlJade
SeekerOfDarkness
Curious.
Ctrl.Alt.Geak
U_Flame
Pikapal642
AshPikastar
SomariFeyWright
Shining Raichu
AnastasiaSTardustXiaolong
Jayster23
SinisterEternity
BeliVuk
Patchisou Yutohru
d4ka81sz
Sector Revenge
Banjora Marxville
Shinigami_
arbok
Kenshin5
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Game Over1375
Johnnikles
AlexOzzyCake
CarefulWetPaint
Spinosaurus
Usagi-chan~
Madam Cheezy
Cosmotone8
Madam Cheezy
Breeze Wind Dragon God
krazzikk
Mentalii
Leaf Storm
Hovde
Scruffington
LilJz1234
CourageHound
Seraphimon-sama.
Pinkie-Dawn

Discussion Topics:
How did you start playing Super Smash Bros?
Any thoughts/opinions about it?
What strategies/characters do you use when playing?
What is your opinion on the new SSB game coming?
Which characters would you like to see in SSB4?
What new series or new character from recent years would you like to see?
Who are your top 5 characters to use in each of the 3 Smash Bros games?
What's your favorite SSB stage to fight on?
What kind of custom stages have you created? Do you Brawl on them regularly? If you want to show pictures, go right ahead.

Last edited:

PokeGirlJade

Princess of Unova
Years
SSB? I want to join =D
Your username: PokeGirlJade, but call me Jade ^^

I like to play as Link and Zelda a lot, mostly because TLoZ is my favorite series from SSB.

Hmm... I think it was when I got a copy of Brawl for my birthday. Either that or when I borrowed Melee from a friend. Both were awesome~

I love the variety of characters each game has. Plus, it's really fun to dominate in battle as Princess Zelda ^^

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
Ooh, a SSB club! I should join.

Your Username: SeekerOfDarkness, but most people just call me Seeker or Ansem.

By inserting the disk into my friend's Wii.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Sweet a SSB club. Seems interestingly enough, XD; though I haven't played this in awhile now.

Your Username: Curious.

I began at my cousin's house when he recently purchased the game and we played it noon-stop at his house. i got quite addicted imo; and then when I went back home, in a few days tiume I purchased it and then began from there. My favourite character is Toon Link, quick and gets the job done.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
SSB? I want to join =D
Your username: PokeGirlJade, but call me Jade ^^

I like to play as Link and Zelda a lot, mostly because TLoZ is my favorite series from SSB.

Hmm... I think it was when I got a copy of Brawl for my birthday. Either that or when I borrowed Melee from a friend. Both were awesome~

I love the variety of characters each game has. Plus, it's really fun to dominate in battle as Princess Zelda ^^

Hello there, Jade! Yeah, Zelda is kind of good, although I prefer using her alt form, Shiek. Anyway, thanks for joining and have a nice day~

Ooh, a SSB club! I should join.

Your Username: SeekerOfDarkness, but most people just call me Seeker or Ansem.

By inserting the disk into my friend's Wii.

Hello there Seeker! You're in!

Sweet a SSB club. Seems interestingly enough, XD; though I haven't played this in awhile now.

Your Username: Curious.

I began at my cousin's house when he recently purchased the game and we played it noon-stop at his house. i got quite addicted imo; and then when I went back home, in a few days tiume I purchased it and then began from there. My favourite character is Toon Link, quick and gets the job done.

Haha, pretty much like you, Curious, I learned about the game through a friend of mine... when I visit his house, we sometimes non-stop as well. I haven't played the game for a looooong time as well... though I plan to play it again sometime, though. Anyways, thanks for joining :)

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
One of my favourite games. Sign me up!

Username:
Ctrl.Alt.Geak

I began playing after I left school, my first SSB game was the original one on the Nintendo 64. I dont remember too well but I think I was reading about Pokemon in SSB, which made me curious to find out more about the game, or maybe its this ad that really convinced me to check it out. I forget haha

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Beautiful timing! I just found out about the wonderful world of Brawl hacking! Mind if I post a link?

Username: At the top of my post?
How I first discovered SSB: I honestly don't remember, it's been so long...But I have the 64 version on my PSP!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Ahaha, yessss, I love this club already, lol. ^__^

Your Username: Pikapal642

Technically, my first time was when I was like, 9, and I went over to an aunts house for Christmas, and my cousins had the original Smash Bros game. xD

My first game that I owned was when I first got my GameCube. The first game I owned on it was Super Smash Bros Melee. :P And. I. LOVED IT. Seriously, epic fun was had. xD

And in both Melee and Brawl, I tend to play as Pikachu. I don't always win, but I have fun regardless. xD

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Yay, new members :D

Anyway, I guess it's time for me to answer my own questions...

How did you start playing Super Smash Bros? A friend invited me to play it, and I being a Pokemon fan, I first tried using the Pokemon characters there. I figured out Lucario was my favorite. And lo, a new Brawler has been born!

Any thoughts/opinions about it? It's just epic, nuff said.

What strategies/characters do you use when playing? I mainly use Lucario and Meta Knight, my two favorite characters in Brawl. When using Lucario, I let my opponent rack my damage bar up to at least 60% then start fighting like crazy, because that's when my aura starts to get a bit strong. I love using Lucario's Down B Special Double Team to surprise and annoy the heck out of my opponents. I also use Side Steps and Side Jumps to avoid certain attacks and Final Smashes. When launched, I simply get back on stage using Extreme Speed. When using Meta Knight, I make use of his high speed and aerobatic fighting skills. Because of this, he has high priority and has very reliable techniques. When launched off or are about to fall of a cliff, I make use of either one of Meta Knight's five recovery moves.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Welp, I guess it's time to join this club.

Your username: AshPikastar

I had played SSB ever since it came out for the Nintendo 64. I used to play it all the time. I believe about three years ago, I had found out that SSB had a sequel to it. I decided to get back into playing the game once my cousin taught me how to play.

Other thoughts besides it being a good game? I can sometimes get tired of the game because of Video Game Club. We had played it every Thursday straight when I was a Freshmen up to my Junior year. We didn't play any games at all besides that so I stopped playing SSB because of it however, I still enjoy the game it just became the only game that everyone had played on VGC. I'm glad we changed it this year.

I don't really have a strategy in the game. I just go with the flow. I don't spam the thunder bolt when I'm Pikachu however, I do use it whenever some one is high above me. When I use Kirby, I don't spam like most Kirby players would do on SSB. I would use the rock but would instantly go into the hammer. That's all the hints I'll give you guys for my strategy. I don't want to give it away now do I?

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
Username: SomariFeyWright

How did you start playing it?
SSBM was with me for as long as I can remember. That's about all I can give you.

All it needs is Tails, and Phoenix Wright/Maya Fey. Then, it'll be perfect.

What characters/strategies do you use?
Mindlessly beat people with either Sonic or Snake.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Count me in!

Username: Shining Raichu

How did you start playing?
When I was a kid (probably around ten years old) I had a few friends over and one of them brought the Nintendo 64 game over. I think it was the most fun I've ever had in my life, and from that point I had to have more. So I found another friend who owned the game and didn't want it anymore, and I gave him $24 (the exact amount I had to my name at the time) to play it. Then in 2003 I heard that Super Smash Bros was coming out again, this time on the elusive GameCube. So I scraped together all the money I had and got a loan from my parents (which I paid back in full) and bought a GameCube and Smash Bros Melee... the rest is history.

I don't have an official strategy as such, but my favourite character is Zelda/Sheik. After eight years of experience playing with her over two separate games, we are now indestructible together. My other favourites are Fox and Pikachu :)

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Beautiful timing! I just found out about the wonderful world of Brawl hacking! Mind if I post a link?

Sure, do share with us!

Ahaha, yessss, I love this club already, lol. ^__^

Haha, it seems you have just learned the move Future Sight :P

Welp, I guess it's time to join this club.

Your username: AshPikastar

I had played SSB ever since it came out for the Nintendo 64. I used to play it all the time. I believe about three years ago, I had found out that SSB had a sequel to it. I decided to get back into playing the game once my cousin taught me how to play.

Other thoughts besides it being a good game? I can sometimes get tired of the game because of Video Game Club. We had played it every Thursday straight when I was a Freshmen up to my Junior year. We didn't play any games at all besides that so I stopped playing SSB because of it however, I still enjoy the game it just became the only game that everyone had played on VGC. I'm glad we changed it this year.

I don't really have a strategy in the game. I just go with the flow. I don't spam the thunder bolt when I'm Pikachu however, I do use it whenever some one is high above me. When I use Kirby, I don't spam like most Kirby players would do on SSB. I would use the rock but would instantly go into the hammer. That's all the hints I'll give you guys for my strategy. I don't want to give it away now do I?

Wow, you must be one of those 'unique' players, eh? And here I thought Pikachu was no use without spammin' any of his moves...

Count me in!

Username: Shining Raichu

When I was a kid (probably around ten years old) I had a few friends over and one of them brought the Nintendo 64 game over. I think it was the most fun I've ever had in my life, and from that point I had to have more. So I found another friend who owned the game and didn't want it anymore, and I gave him $24 (the exact amount I had to my name at the time) to play it. Then in 2003 I heard that Super Smash Bros was coming out again, this time on the elusive GameCube. So I scraped together all the money I had and got a loan from my parents (which I paid back in full) and bought a GameCube and Smash Bros Melee... the rest is history.

I don't have an official strategy as such, but my favourite character is Zelda/Sheik. After eight years of experience playing with her over two separate games, we are now indestructible together. My other favourites are Fox and Pikachu :)

O.O You worked that hard just to get that money and you got that money just to buy SSB? You must've been a really great Brawl fan... the only gadget-related stuff I actually ever spent my money on were batteries for my Wii remote and an SD Card (for sharing the snapshots I made on Brawl). I might buy those special remote chip thingies soon for my machinimas but, anyway...

Also, Shining Raichu, what would you do when the new SSB4 comes out and almost everyone has it except you? And then you realize... the total cost of a 3DS and the SSB4 game put together is... $300!!!! :O

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Wow, you must be one of those 'unique' players, eh? And here I thought Pikachu was no use without spammin' any of his moves...

Yeah Pikachu seems to be the character that would make you think he is spammy but once you know how to use him very well and learn his controls, it's a lot easier to work with him and not spam too much.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Here it is, though it appears they, like other sites, are on strike.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php

My Brawl stratagy involves Sepheroth. He has three chargable moves: a meteor explosion, a glacier, and flames shooting upwards. First I charge these moves when I get the chance, then I attack with his awesome long sword. Once the opponent is damaged enough, I use the glacier attack to freeze the to send them upwards. If that misses, I grab them (Sepheroth grabs by stabbing the enemy and holding them in midair, impaled.) then throw the opponent upwards, then I use his fully charged fire move to engulf them in a huge wave of hellfire. It does damages, but doesn't send then flying. What does is his fully charged meteor attack. I wait for the right position and BOOM! Instant death.

Sepheroth isn't overpowered though. His attacks have long range but don't do too as much damage as you might think. Plus his most effective moves are best charged, which is hard to do without interruption. It's all in the timing.

Years
Joining :D

Username: Jayster23

I used to go to my friends house after school without permission and play Melee until late then i got home and got yelled at :D Mine you i was 7 :P

I don't really use a strategy and don't care much for tiers and stuff. The harder the contest the better i reckon. But i do use 4 main Characters who are Sonic, Meta Knight, Pikachu and Toon Link.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
Aye, please let me in too ! :'D

Your Username : SinisterEternity

How did I start playing ?
Well, I saw the box of the game in a store, and it had Mario and Pikachu on it (the Melee box) and I wondered what that game was all about, and simply the concept appealed to me, I couldn't resist. And so I started playing the SSB games ~ xD

Probably I won't just reveal my strategies here yet, who knows, we might get to have online battles afterall xD
But I mostly use Marth, Pit, and from time to time Pikachu. ~

BeliVuk

Pokemon Stadium 64 Player
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
I want to join but I don't play the new game, I play the nintendo 64 game :S

My dad brought it home in 2003 and me and my brother never stopped playing.

Great game, I feel Jigglypuff is underpowered though.

I use all characters, but mainly Fox, Link and Mario and I usually just try to be the first to head for items and then just throw it at my brothers character and then I win. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back