• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I remember the word challenge... I never finished it. I thought it was a pretty good idea though.

As for the hated challenge, I don't see anything wrong with it, and it can actually help you to like some Pokemon that you don't necessarily like. I'm all for it!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Haha, sounds nice to get up with all your friends at 3 AM

It is nice. Especially when the person you're sitting next to decides to sleep in the floor of the bus and gives you both seats. XD; And later, you all get to watch The Hangover and The Incredibles!

-The Hated Challenge : nope, it doesn't involve hating. Just runs like the Favorite Challenge, but instead of favorites you use hated. Of course, don't just submit Magikarp and Unown (not talking about you, Syd) because they're weak. Hate Rhyperior ? Put him on the list.

I almost made that the other day! XD I was making a list of my least favorite Pokemon for every type. Obviously, there can't be 6 for each type like there are for the favorite challenge. But yeah, I see no problem with this...however I don't think I'd try it. :P Oh, and Unown is ~fabulous~

Lols at title... :O Did you do that, Syd ? I love it ! <3

No, someone was trying to spread lies and slander about me liking Unown. :(

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Let's all torture motivate myrrhman and do those threads !

I can get on with the Word Challenge. And also, instead of "The Hated Challenge", I am digging the "Dislikes Challenge" more. So that we wouldn't hate that challenge ! (:

Hahaha, myrrh... BW is coming ! 200 and so more challenges served on the table. :-D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I might forget about the solo challenges for a while. Wait until I finish the others first. That takes off like 4/5 of the challenges or something. Sounds like what i want.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Yes, Soloing with every Pokemon out there can become very tedious, right ?
Also, is discussion about random stuff allowed here. *eyes redsaber and Syd*

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Also, is discussion about random stuff allowed here. *eyes redsaber and Syd*

Provided that it relates to challenges. And if it doesn't, as long as something in your post does relate to challenges, it's fine. In the writer's lounge, we would get so off topic and just post "I LOVE WRITING!" as the "on topic" part of the post.

I LOVE CHALLENGES!

Hahaha, myrrh... BW is coming ! 200 and so more challenges served on the table. :-D

That would change the Favorite challenge too, since it's meant to be played on a version that is the most recent so that all Pokemon are included. Hm, I hope that we will be able to trade Pokemon that aren't in the Isshu Dex early on...otherwise most challenges are ruined in gen V. :(

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Provided that it relates to challenges. And if it doesn't, as long as something in your post does relate to challenges, it's fine. In the writer's lounge, we would get so off topic and just post "I LOVE WRITING!" as the "on topic" part of the post.

I LOVE CHALLENGES!

That would change the Favorite challenge too, since it's meant to be played on a version that is the most recent so that all Pokemon are included. Hm, I hope that we will be able to trade Pokemon that aren't in the Isshu Dex early on...otherwise most challenges are ruined in gen V. :(

Actually, it is confirmed that the Pokeshifter (a minigame to transfer from gen IV to BW. I won't describe it, you don't want to know it =) is unlocked only after you beat the league, something sorta Pal Park.

So we're stuck with Isshu Pokemon only, noo ;_;

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
Oyyyy what there is nothing wrong with the Isshu pokemon...but still I would want more variation especially pokemon from Gen III.

The Dislike Challenge seems good but the only thing that shall be holding be back from it is the lack of a DS at the moment. Also I'm really eager to get my Random Moveset Challenge started eventually :D. I really think this could be frustrating and fun actually :3.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, I second the Random Moveset Challenge. I can easily beat any version, but it's usually because I solo RBY with Psychic/Surf/BoltBeam Starmie or Lapras, solo GSC with FireIceThunder punch/Psychic Kadabra, solo RSE with Surf/EQ/Ice Beam/Brick Break Swampert, and I rarely play DPPt... If I wasn't allowed these Pokemon, it would be much more difficult... So yeah.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
Honeymoon challenge: Get a Male and Female pokemon of the same species (exception: Nidoran family). You can only use those two throughout the game, and prior to any Gym challenge/Elite Four Challenge they must be equal in level. Perhaps to cover HMs you can have 1-2 slaves, but thats it!

Kinda weak, but I'm gonna try it soon.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Oyyyy what there is nothing wrong with the Isshu pokemon...but still I would want more variation especially pokemon from Gen III.

There isn't anything wrong with Isshu Pokemon... I LOVE them.
But using only them is gonna become bad. And plus, since this is a whole new Pokedex, I'm thinking that the Pokemon count will become HUGE : i'm guessing somewhere 670 +.

So it won't be that bad ! <3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If we're gonna talk about gen V, I will be exiting the thread because I'm avoiding spoilers. Only a few more weeks of avoiding things, though. Yay importing! The few Pokemon I have seen so far look good, though. Except...that wretched gorilla thing. No no no. Easily my new least favorite Fire type.

btw guys, I'm not gonna be too strict on the "every post must be about challenges" thing. This is practically a DCC...just don't get too crazy with it, lol. At least have some relevance to challenges. =w=

Speaking of which, when I do finish the Favorite challenge, I'm doing it again...in hopes of getting a better team.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Why doesn't anyone participate in the word challenge ? ;_;
I'm beggining soon...
Also, let's all help Syd and keep spoiler-free ! I know how bad it feels to get spoiled, mostly with the anime.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I haven't kept up with the anime, but Hiiro told me what happened in the last DP episode and linked me to some of the characters for the upcoming season and...no. No one is very good looking. :( -dies-

About your challenge, just give it time. Not everyone is interested right now, and heck, some can't juggle too many challenges at the same time. -cough- I can barely handle two. -cough-

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I haven't kept up with the anime, but Hiiro told me what happened in the last DP episode and linked me to some of the characters for the upcoming season and...no. No one is very good looking. :( -dies-

About your challenge, just give it time. Not everyone is interested right now, and heck, some can't juggle too many challenges at the same time. -cough- I can barely handle two. -cough-

Myrrh remains the master. Juggling hundreds of challenges is really hard.
I also remember mondays suck's glory days. When I only read his challenge update. When this Sub-Forum was inexistent. lol.

OT : The Magic Mozilla Red Underline Thingy doesn't underline myrrh. Wtf ? (it does underline wtf).
OT* : Have you seen Nurse Joy, Syd ? She looks like a... 12 year old. But cute, though :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I always remember mondays suck as the original king, no offense myrrhman. XD But I do remember spending most of my time reading challenge updates, mainly by mondays suck. Also, this isn't a sub-forum...it's a main forum. lol

And Officer Jenny looks like a dude. :(

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
My bad. I know it's a forum. Now at least.
Also, mondays suck will always have a place in my heart, too. Myrrhman is giving in a lot of effort too, but... well, it looks different ! (:
Also, Syd, we own this page ! Just look ! xDD

Years
Oh wow, I never knew my runs were that popular... Apart from my Brown Nuzlocke which I consider to be my greatest effort in a Pokemon game so far, I don't think I've done anything special ... or have I?

And, to make this post not completely off-topic, is there already something like a No Items challenge (I checked the active threads of the subforum and didn't find anything, but there might be already something planned, I haven't been checking this thread regularly)? I can imagine a game without Potions and TMs being pretty hard. HMs (maybe some restrictions here though to avoid massive HM03 abuse), Pokeballs and key items would be exceptions of course. Then again, it might all just turn into a mindless grindfest...

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
@ 560 #1: My name isn't underlined because I'm that famous. Also because myrrh is a real thing. From Fire Emblem preferably.

@ Syd: Me too. I definitely remember the Brown Nuzzy, and I remember him doing a lot of other challenges, which I'm pretty sure is what motivated me to do as many as I've done.

@ 560 #2: I agree that we have different styles. I tried to do the whole "make it a nice story" thing for a few of my early challenges, esp my Team Rocket Blue Challenge. But, I can play through the originals in an hour or so, so I ended up beating the game and then trying to remember everything that happened. Then I tried recording stuff, but I would have times where I would stop to check something real quick on Serebii and forget to unpause it. Or I would start talking to my friend throughout the challenge. Neither of them worked for me, so now I just say the basics of what happened and give you my team if you're lucky.

@ Mondays: Oh hai. We're famous here. I definitely remember your Brown Nuzlocke, because I was doing a Yellow Nuzlocke at the same time. I only joined when you were at the Elite Four, but I definitely remember that part, and I remember it was epic.

As far as the No Item challenge, there isn't one. Someone challenged me to do a No Pokecenter Challenge, but I don't think there's one for no items. I don't think it would be that hard, because you could Pokecenter spam, and get around TMs with Move Tutor Moves (if applicable). And still, I could run through Yellow Version with a Slash/Flamethrower/Fly Charizard, a Pokemon that can learn Psychic via level (so Kadabra), and maybe a Dewgong for Ice Beam. Don't think it would be that tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back