• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Server Support

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
This server is down, until Rukario and the others update this server again. But it's for our own good, because it's related to the announcement which Pachy told earlier.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wolf died so to srinator's wishes, it's (POTD, that is) Scizor today!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Don't forget to follow this rule as well:

— Do not openly oppose a staff member's actions.
You may ask to stop being muted or kicked via private message, but please do not bring it into the chat. If you are having issues with a staff member, privately contact Forever, Wolflare, and/or the staff member involved. Message the aforementioned users to appeal disciplinary action or report power abuse.
Complaining about it in the main lobby makes you out to be a drama queen.

Sirfetch’d

Just wanted to put this here.... it has come to the staff's attention that maybe there are people that are taking things in the chat more seriously than they should. And that's not healthy. Not really. We understand if you're sensitive and whatnot but...do keep in mind that we joke around with each other a lot! We like to poke fun of each other, things of that nature. These are things that are meant to be taken in jest.

It's just kind of saddening when someone takes the chat so seriously and the environment just so happens to be otherwise. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the chat like everyone else, really. Don't worry about "fitting in" or anything like that. You will naturally if you just act crazy like the majority of our regulars, it's not a hard thing to do at all.

Anyway, that's about the shortest I can make this post so yeah. n_n

I just wanted to add on a little to this because this has been somewhat a problem lately.

While 90% of the time anything that happens in the chat is our userbase just joking around, there are times where a member feels the need to troll and harass another member. If you feel like this is happening to you please PM a mod about the situation so it can be dealt with. Lately when this has been happening the user being trolled or harassed has been bringing the issue up in the main chat and that is a bad idea. Reason being is, if the other person isn't actually harassing you, but joking around they can and will get offended by your accusations leading to an argument in the main chat which quickly makes for a toxic environment. Also bringing it up in the main chat provokes the user that is doing the trolling and lets them know that they are winning because they are upsetting you. PMing a staff member makes this situation MUCH easier to deal with and is the appropriate way to go about it. This also applies for PM harassment. DO NOT post logs of PM harassment in the main chat, but rather PM them to a mod so a mute or ban can be put into place, as bringing this up in the main chat also degrades the chat and is completely unnecessary as only staff can help with the situation.

Sirfetch’d

There has been a slight change affecting Pokemon of the Day(POTD). The Pokemon selected will now last 3 days instead of just one. This makes things much easier and makes the POTD itself much more special.

The first Pokemon this will affect is Jellicent <33333333333333333333

everyone enjoy!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
This server have a new feature, called /tell, thanks to TalkTakesTime who implement this! Tell feature will deliver the message to the recipient user, even if that user away. The message that you sent this way will be delivered once the recipient types anything in this server! This is how you do it:

/tell (username), (message)

Please note that you cannot include a comma in the message itself.

And... besides of this, if you see the + besides the Lobby room tab, if you click it, we could select the room of your choice, which makes rooms like RatedArrgh is accessed easier!

Enjoy these new features, folks!

Last edited:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
New command "dexsearch"

Heres an example of what it does:

[18:56:43] +TalkTakesTime: !dexsearch blue flare, turboblaze
Reshiram

If there's a lot of results it'll show this

[19:05:07] +srinator: !dexsearch quick attack
Swellow, Necturna, Genesect, Virizion, Terrakion, Pidgeot, Rattata, Raticate, Accelgor, Fearow, and 105 more. Redo the search with "all" as a search parameter to show all results.

/dexsearch [parameter], [parameter]

To show all results do

/dexsearch [parameter], [parameter], all

Edit: For this ^ you can only use it with "/" as it will get kind of spammy. The first one should be able to broadcast.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Previous post:

Spoiler:

LC Randbats are now available! Thanks to Antemortem (...I think it was him anyway) for making the list of LC Pokemon so I could put them in the team randomizer scripts.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
We totally need special seasonal/yearly events akin to the Smogon Premier League, PO's Pokemon Champions League, etc. You know, something official that people can work toward when it comes around as a break from all the miniature, member-hosted tournaments. I feel like a big, official event would be really fun, especially since those tend to draw more people (typically the majority of the competitive memberbase, since there's PRIZES, and FAME, and GLORY waiting at the end of the dark tunnel)!

y/y?? :3c

Sirfetch’d

We totally need special seasonal/yearly events akin to the Smogon Premier League, PO's Pokemon Champions League, etc. You know, something official that people can work toward when it comes around as a break from all the miniature, member-hosted tournaments. I feel like a big, official event would be really fun, especially since those tend to draw more people (typically the majority of the competitive memberbase, since there's PRIZES, and FAME, and GLORY waiting at the end of the dark tunnel)!

y/y?? :3c

Definitely going to support this and wouldn't mind helping organize this. I feel that the traditional tourneys do get stale after so long and an event of this magnitude would be more meaningful and I feel a lot more people would be out to participate. Great Idea~!

Also, I would like to see the BC DCC make a return. I know that people were reluctant about it, but now with a new generation approaching with many changes to the competitive scene about to take place, I feel that this could be something that would work nicely.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
Any serious attempt at a yearly battling event should include a single elimination standard (official tier, no gimmicks) tournament for "PC's best battler" bragging rights. Assuming people still play the major Smogon tiers--I wouldn't know.

As for the DCC, it seems like it would be irrelevant now. It could conceivably promote some vague idea of "discussion" but the whole point of a DCC is very loose and casual interaction and that doesn't mix well with Pokemon discussion. At its best, Pokemon discussion is made up of well thought-out in-depth posts the put certain ideas forward...like a good discussion about anything, really. It is compelling because of its detail, and it gives rise to disagreements that lead to people learning and revising their outlooks on things. This is all nice but is antithetical to the idea of a casual discussion. No one wants to engage in what basically amounts to Pokemon small talk--just look at some of the "discussions" that amount to posts like "offense is my favorite style" or "dragons rule!" They fill space in a forum that resembles a former heavyweight champion now in his seventies living off of social security, but does anyone actually enjoy these things or get anything out of them? Unless the discussions are more intellectually intense, they almost certainly aren't worthwhile or at least can be done better on the server where they are less contrived and more likely to be filled with some organic humor and maybe a dash of spontaneous insight.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, it could very well just be a place for actual small talk but there is a server for that, and for better or for worse, that's basically the direction it has been going for years. It seems like it would be unnecessary. It was added back in the day to make the forum more casual (back when it wasn't), but now that has been achieved--and then some. In a vacuum, I really like the idea of a DCC now that people aren't running around like a bunch of jerks, but it probably wouldn't serve a purpose now. If anything, a daily serious chat would be more unique. lol.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
No one wants to engage in what basically amounts to Pokemon small talk--just look at some of the "discussions" that amount to posts like "offense is my favorite style" or "dragons rule!" They fill space in a forum that resembles a former heavyweight champion now in his seventies living off of social security, but does anyone actually enjoy these things or get anything out of them?
Just saying, those are polls; most forums have them, including pretty much every one of PC's forums. I agree that it would be nice to have more in-depth discussions, but I'm not sure when the community is ready for that. For one thing, discussions like those have never been very active or successful, even back in the S&M days. But you never know until you try.

As for DCCs, I was never a big fan of them, especially in BC. For one, it takes away activity from the rest of the forum unless the forum is focused on off-topic discussion (like CC&P), and discussions with a topic tend to have more direction and activity. For example, a general metagame discussion on XY OU would be fine because there's at least something to keep discussion based on, rather than simply telling everyone to talk about battling (which didn't work that one short time I made a DCC). Also, I've been wanting to do a sort of XY battling club that's geared around trying out XY OU, finding new strategies in it, helping each other get adjusted to the new metagame, and just getting involved in maturing the metagame. There would be more stuff of course, but that's just general idea.

Annual battling events could work. I've tried many "major" tournaments in the past, but they usually fail. The closest I've gotten to making them work is the Randbats version of the PC League. However, it lasted too long and some users ended up inactive after so long, along with the fact that I didn't bug people about the last round via PM (which makes a big difference, by the way). It's important not to rely on individual users for too long like a typical league, and expect the worst to happen but hope for the best. I may start planning a UU tournament sometime soon, as I've been wanting to do one for a while now.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I may start planning a UU tournament sometime soon, as I've been wanting to do one for a while now.

This would be cool as the official single tier tournament Anti mentioned, since UU will soon be the primary tier of the server, if we're still going along with that movement. Otherwise, we should still have something like a World Cup or something involving teams with representatives/captains, etc. Something fun, a little creative, but wouldn't heavily rely on mass participation, as in 64+. I'd shoot for 24/32, of course.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
i think this site should gear towards a more serious commitment to smogon's standard ou metagame if its going to host a tour akin to the one mentioned in antemortem and anti's posts

Sirfetch’d

Just posting to say that the server has crashed for some unknown reason and if you are unable to access it, that is why. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I have the exact same problem too. I have tried many times for the past hour to access the server, but I get this "Couldn't connect to server!" message every time. It would be great if someone could look up on this issue. Thanks in advance!

Years
I knew something was wrong when I noticed the server had disconnected me, then I tried opening up the tab again and the server was down. But glad to know it will be fixed soon, ilu Wolf <3

Back