• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Into the Great Open Blue [OOC]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'll express my interest. Love pirates. But I've got a lot of reading up to do...

As of now the spot for the Navigator of our crew is open
Aside from meeting the job description, are there any other expectations you have for the ship navigator that might be important to note?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I'll express my interest. Love pirates. But I've got a lot of reading up to do...

Aside from meeting the job description, are there any other expectations you have for the ship navigator that might be important to note?

It's only logical that navigators have tools to do their job. Basic knowledge of how they get their job done would be nice. I think navigators should have formal education as well, but it's not an absolute requirement - your character may be self taught. Up to you. It would help with their hiring right now if they had a formal education.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I think navigators should have formal education as well, but it's not an absolute requirement - your character may be self taught. It would help with their hiring right now if they had a formal education.
Of course; I'll keep that all in mind.

I'm starting to fit some pieces together already but the bulk of the brainstorming will have to wait until I have time to peruse all the context in the OP, which should actually be quite soon.

Cheers until then! I'll update again with a more solidified idea, possibly even a finished sign-up!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
The Artwork section has been added to the OP!

Here's one of the newer characters, Kahuna Raphael. Fat and myopic, he's got a helper with him at all times!

Spoiler:

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
Good to see this finally got up and running. I genuinely hope it turns out fun for you guys.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Spoiler:

and here's the Charmeleon with the outlandish tattoos. I was looking at a reference pic of a Charmeleon who looked particularly evil so this one turned out to look evil as well (I didn't intend to do it that way, or did I?!). either way this guy is a savage and I hope it shows

Update about the RP: well we've all been a bit busy the past month with school and whatnot so post-production has been slow, hopefully we'll pick the pace back up, lots of exciting stuff to come!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
AYYYYYyyyylmaowereachedkuai

Kuai, the Chinchou Island
Spoiler:

Notable locations:
* Lighthouse & Church
* Pelipper Mail Service
* Guns shop
* Flogistron Station
* Food Market
* Tavern, Captain's Ire, inside Fayn's Retreat (cave)

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Hey Ray! It's good to see you're still continuing this RP!

If it's possible, do you still have a spot open? I'm trying to jump right in back to RPing lol but net connection usually sucks. I'll try to get a post once a week lol.

If it's not, I'm just saying good luck on the RPers on this. Ciao!

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
Our RPs function in joint posts, multiple people contributing in lines of their own to total up to the large posts you see here. Here's a little snapshot to help you see what I mean: each typist has their own colour.
Screenshot 1

Or, when only two people are involved in a post:
Screenshot 2

It's a form of collaborative writing where you can make it feel more like a book and less like sequential post turns. Make sense now?

Anyway, I bring it up because if we were just posting large chunk posts in the forum once in a while, this would work:
I'll try to get a post once a week.
But since we actually contribute in many small lines, a few times per week, I thought you should get some kinda warning.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Our RPs function in joint posts, multiple people contributing in lines of their own to total up to the large posts you see here. Here's a little snapshot to help you see what I mean: each typist has their own colour.
Screenshot 1

Or, when only two people are involved in a post:
Screenshot 2

It's a form of collaborative writing where you can make it feel more like a book and less like sequential post turns. Make sense now?

Anyway, I bring it up because if we were just posting large chunk posts in the forum once in a while, this would work:

But since we actually contribute in many small lines, a few times per week, I thought you should get some kinda warning.

Yep yep. I know how joint posts/roleplaying works lol. I've been here before and just trying to get back into the community.

Yeah, Ray already PMed me about stuff and I don't think my workload can accommodate open blue hahaha. Wishing you luck on this RP!

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Huh.

Now this role-play looks spectacular! Novel and novella-esque, if I may. And a position is open. Well now, it certainly has my interest, though I've yet to decide if I want it for my own. I think I will read through a bit of the IC and skim the OOC for answers to questions I may have formed--and weigh a few personal items of mine--but I will surely pop in again with a post.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
@Jauntier sounds great, you can also talk to me if you want additional info about anything

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Here's my application for Sky Master:

[CSS-DIV=width: 720px; height: 720px; padding: 20px; overflow: auto; text-align: left]
"Anarchy" Anne
"All day long, I can hear their whispers in the sky.
Please, let me draw nearer."

SPECIES: Banette
CREW POSITION: Sky Master

APPEARANCE:

Spoiler:
When I look at myself—over the edge, into the bright blue water—I see a ghost. My neck is like a sprout and not like the common stock of my folk, as the high ruff of my dress does not brush against my chops. I've been blessed with legs scarcely taller too, as they sport my leather lace-up boots comfortably. And these hands must have more stuffing, as they do not look like torn ribbons, but are still as thick as a Snorlax's cot.

I have worn this flowing dress for as long as I can remember. It is a thin white linen and tight like another skin. Both long ruffled sleeves keep in place with a large pearl push pin, driven clean through the side of my hands. They feel like they belong, piercing my cushion of a body. Three more pin across the front of my dress, perhaps fancifully, and pinch my chest. I remember collecting these pins, but I do not remember exactly this nail.

When I look, I look with one eye. The other is impaled by a giant metal nail, the pointed end of it pinning down part of the trailing ribbon from my head. Tightly-stitched tears like scars run out in four ways from that point, but they don't ache. I can grab the nail by the head, and as I pull it out, I feel nothing there. What's left is no eye. It's sunken so far in that it cannot be seen, like a button pushed deep into a downy pillow.

I can feel a part of myself in this enormous nail and I've wielded it time and again, like a rapier, like a club. With the otherworldly power of my will, it can fly at a target while my hands are free. Some part of me is stored in this bolt, but I can't find the words to describe what or how. It is made of the same metal that seals my mouth shut. The tag on the zipper has a strange emblem on it. It is an engraving for something I do not remember.

HISTORY:

I. Starting Over In Liverte
Spoiler:

II. Wayfare and The Admiral
Spoiler:

III. Disaster
Spoiler:

PERSONALITY:
Anne is a curious Banette with a saucy edge to her taunts, an impish manner to her sleuthing, and an excitable temperament. She carries herself with a demeanor halfway between a roguish urchin and a proper maiden, as she likes to fool about and take a mischievous lead, and yet seems to have a kind of patrician's air when she's resigned to her thoughts and a wandering eye. She's very sociable, and while new, foreign situations may give way to anxiousness, she more often than not channels it into a spritely energy.

Perhaps a trait of the species and remnant of a pre-evolution, Anne revels in others' negative emotions. She's not entirely aware of it, but being near a source of so-called bad aura invigorates her, although positivity will not invoke the inverse. The few times she's deeply upset, she's prone to wallowing in her emotions, as the power of her own greatly negative emotions seem to imbue the pins and nail in her body.

Anne is not well educated beyond water vessels, navigation tools, weather patterns, and a few cities and points of interest in the Known World. She retains her ability to speak articulately despite this, having known how to speak, read, and write in the time before the hole in her memory. She doesn't hold herself higher than another Pokemon based on lacking education or a more colloquial way of speaking. She may be self-absorbed at times, but she does not have a narcissistic nature.

GOAL:
Anne's reason in becoming an air pirate is because she feels it'll guide her ever closer to this amorphous spiritual entity that she calls "The Great Collective". It is her own personal belief she devised throughout her life that when she releases her spirit into the world, leaving her body behind, she feels attuned to something she thinks is in the sky. It's faint but titillating enough that she wants to explore it. Her makeshift philosophy is that when a sentient Pokemon dies, its spirit returns to this drifting mass that circles the world, both known and beyond. The mass is one homogeneous conscience that wields all knowledge of existence from the beginning of time, and should her spirit come into actual contact with the Collective, she would draw ancient power, life, and wisdom from it. She considers it her true home, and the only true escape from a grudge that she feels will consume her life, concerning the circumstances of an important event noticeably lost in her memory. If she can find out what's lost to her as well, maybe she can resolve the deep-seated rage she feels trying to recall anything beyond when she washed up on shore back in Liverte.

ABILITY: Insomnia
TYPE MASTERY / ARTIFACT: None
MOVESET: Screech, Night Shade, Shadow Sneak, Will-O-Wisp, Hex, Psychic

What is the Fifth Tenet of the Golden Code of Conduct? I don't know where that is. Sometime later, I think I'll just have to try and be alert.

RP SAMPLE: From Off The Menu, Bailey the Ralts, Post #2[/CSS-DIV]​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Awesome! This is exactly what we're looking for :D Anarchy is the perfect name for a pirate. You're accepted, welcome aboard! I'll add your character to our crew list.

And with that, the spots are closed for now

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Damn, it's been a long time since we did some work on this. Sorry for whoever's following the story, if there's anybody out there. We've been having some issues regarding inspiration, but hopefully we'll be able to get back on track and make some good progress.

cheers, everyone who's stuck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Added Admiral Charles Gallagher and his Flaaffy's in the Artwork section!

wgOBeDy.png

quick summary of what's happened so far IC:

The Woodworker & The Adventurer
* Isaac the Adventurer and Daniel the Woodworker find the fabled Wyron Woodlands
* Young Jon and Nick met when Daniel invited Isaac over for dinner, and so the basis for the Blue Bands crew is formed
* Daniel's crafting business prospers enough for him to take a ship contract, so the Safe Journey is created with the legendary Wyron wood
* Because ship-making is a lucrative business, the Trade Prince demanded more taxes from the woodworkers through the Poison Viper Pirates, and when they couldn't pay, the pirates kidnapped Nick's brother

Modistra
* Nick is on the trail of his little brother; he meets with Jon again after so many years and the two end up in jail, where they form the Blue Bands crew and break out
* Out of sheer dumb luck, the ship that Nick's family crafted is ported in Modistra, so they decide to steal it, and then go on a roll through town and recruit one of every role but a psychic
* Meanwhile, as Adrian is off to sea fighting with Amadeus who lured him out of the island, the marines under Air Marshal Basil have raided the Governor's castle
* The crew votes to go to the castle, as Jon tells them that there they'll find a map with the path of the Trade Prince's galley that they could rob and get rich, plus the treasure they would find in Modistra's castle
* The Blue Bands raid the castle, steal the map and belongings of the Governor, who the marines wanted to arrest for corruption, and then kidnap him because he ate the map
* Frag and the disturbingly strong Charmeleon blow up the Air Marshal Basil's Riefmore, making it crash into the castle; so the marines were unable to chase the Blue Bands when they left the island

Antigua
* Jon chooses Antigua, one of the islands on the edge of the Known World, to make his hideout; the crew splits up, each group with a different mission
* While Sam & Frag go up in the mountains, and Nick & Kayri go in the upper jungle, Jon & Cook go into the lower jungle, where they find Raphael, the aged Toucannon who failed to protect his family from the Big Fearow
* Sam & Frag meet with a psychic, Quetzalli, who has been living in the mountains; she helps Jon take out the Fearow, and as a result, Raphael allows Jon to build his hideout on the island. Quetzalli joins the crew as the psychic

Kuai
* Jon goes to the Captain's Ire, the infamous pirate-infested tavern of the island, where he meets a Lombre that tells him a crazy tale about a castle in the clouds
* Nick sends letters back to home and Anarchy's crew ends up on the shores of Kuai after their ship was sunk
* Sam's taken an assassination contract that he really wants to see through, so he's looking for dirt on his target to convince his captain she's bad enough to get killed. It turns out that the journalist (his target) is conspiring with the priest of Kuai to dismantle pirate influence on the island, all in the name of the Party God, the rogue pirate ruler of Osenia, who seeks to undermine the power of the Pirate Alliance
* Jon & Cook meet with Admiral Charles Gallagher, after Jon heard he was on the island, and work out a deal with him when he warns them that the score they have set their eyes on isn't as easy to take as they thought
* Nim is replaced as the Navigator by Anarchy who joins the crew
* The ship's hull and guns are upgraded
* The crew leaves for the south, as the target of the Blue Bands, Apolucia, is two weeks away from showing up to the path detailed in the schedule map that Jon has

we here

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I have to say I'm thankful for everyone who's stuck for the RP, through its highs and lows. We'll soon be entering the last roleplay chapter of the glorious quest of the Blue Bands. I didn't intend for this RP's story to be so short - there were many, many kinds of adventures and challenges that I wanted to put our crew through... I hope for those stories to be told in the form of fan fics sometime in the future, if possible.

To the people who enjoy reading the RP, and to the people who are part of this story, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

B6frCfy.png

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Since it's been a while, and some of us moved on, we've sadly decided to put a stop to Open Blue. It was fun while it lasted, but I was still hoping for it to be a better ride than it was - I had so many things in store for it that will never see the light of day... I apologize that there will be no proper ending to it. It breaks my heart to leave yet another one of my RPs unfinished and concluded inappropriately. Oh well. That's life I suppose! I'd like to leave this on a more positive note:

I hope everyone, players and readers, enjoyed this run as it is now, and as said before, a warm thanks to those who fought for the glory of our crew. The Blue Bands live on!

xQfwqih.png

Last edited:
Back