• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
I don't think so, just make sure to use the same pointers as the other stones. Also, I forgot to mention, to activate the mega evolution you have to run the commands "setvar 0x40FF 0x161" and setvar "0x40EF 0x161" on a script. It's one for the player and the other for the trainers. You also need to make sure the player has purchased the Mega Bracelet.

What exactly do those variables do? Could I make it part of an early-game default script, like picking the starter?

Years
What exactly do those variables do? Could I make it part of an early-game default script, like picking the starter?

For mega evolution you need the pokemon's mega stone but also the mega bracelet in your bag.
I assume 0x40FF is just the var used to assign the item that is the mega bracelet and nothing more.

I assume this because 0x161 happens to be the item index for the Gold Teeth, which is replaced by the mega bracelet in this base.
As far as I know you can even put setvar 0x40FF 0x4 and make a Poke Ball the "mega bracelet" (but i havent actually tried this so not sure).
So yes you can make it an early game default script but you also still need to give the player the item that is assigned to 0x40FF, which is the Mega Bracelet if you're not meming.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
For mega evolution you need the pokemon's mega stone but also the mega bracelet in your bag.
I assume 0x40FF is just the var used to assign the item that is the mega bracelet and nothing more.

I assume this because 0x161 happens to be the item index for the Gold Teeth, which is replaced by the mega bracelet in this base.
As far as I know you can even put setvar 0x40FF 0x4 and make a Poke Ball the "mega bracelet" (but i havent actually tried this so not sure).
So yes you can make it an early game default script but you also still need to give the player the item that is assigned to 0x40FF, which is the Mega Bracelet if you're not meming.

So, just ot be sure, could I do giveitem 0x40ff, then the next line be the variable set, and that would give the player the item and instantly enable the feature?

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Despite the fact that instructions are posted in the OP, here's what to do for megas:

1. Expand pokemon in PGE or figure out what you want to replace/get rid of
2. Use G3T, G3HS or PGE to edit your mega's stats
3. Go to the pokemon you want to mega evolve, select mega evo in their evolution. Link it to the actual mega and choose the item that is the mega stone (which are already there)
4. Go to the mega, select mega evolution again but with no item, back to the original pokemon. Make sure that the base HP and EXP growth are the same or you get bugs
5. Set an event or go to Dr Fuji, to get the Mega Bracelet and set the vars 0x40EFF 0x161 and 0x40FF 0x161.

0x40EF and 40FF allow you and opposing trainers to actually use them in battle
0x161 is the item index that triggers mega evolution. You cannot change this and you have no reason to.

6. Give the stone to your pokemon. Go into battle. Press start. You will hear a beep like you used a TM. Watch the fireworks.

I will not answer further questions for anyone regarding mega evolutions unless a glitch is found. If theres additional questions, look at Touched's post.

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Version 3.0 of the rom base is now operational!

This MAY or MAY NOT be the final version. Its known limitations are there plain as day, and I will try to fix them when I get the know-how to do so. In the meantime, I feel the base speaks for itself more than I ever could, so please enjoy and get out there! Make some quality hacks we all can enjoy!

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
Are there any good patches that added all the pokemon that work with this Rom Base? I'm a newbie at hacking so I didn't want to randomly start patching things and maybe break something.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 30, 2019
Hi PSI. I think your base for Fire Red is the future for Fire Red hacking, and I just wanted to know if you have considered working with Kristian Angel ( he created the 807 patch)? All the new pokemon need a cry and some tweaks to the movesets of the original 3 generations.

Years
Can i use the update pack of 9/26/2018 in a outdate rom that i used the same patch (previous updates)?

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
Hi, so I have been trying for the past few days to add all the pokemon into the ROM base, but whenever I expand the number of pokemon in PGE, the game resets itself/crashes when I win a battle. I've tried expanding the memory, removing all the patches, and it works with a regular Fire Red Rom. Also the DNS is stuck at night for me as well. Are these known bugs, and if so is there any way to fix them?

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
The DNS system is always at night, any solution?

Make sure your emulator has Real Time Clock enabled.

Can i use the update pack of 9/26/2018 in a outdate rom that i used the same patch (previous updates)?

Provided you used no space in the 0x700000's and 0xF00000's, 100% yes.

Hi, so I have been trying for the past few days to add all the pokemon into the ROM base, but whenever I expand the number of pokemon in PGE, the game resets itself/crashes when I win a battle. I've tried expanding the memory, removing all the patches, and it works with a regular Fire Red Rom. Also the DNS is stuck at night for me as well. Are these known bugs, and if so is there any way to fix them?

Let me try to replicate the problem with the expansions and see what comes up. I have a sinking feeling that installing JPAN's Save Block Hack with PGE may be the culprit when expanding, but I am not 100% sure. Question, did you change the offsets to enable expanded evolutions? Because that is a major problem I have noticed. As for the DNS, make sure Real Time Clock is enabled. You may have to go indoors to see any changes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
Let me try to replicate the problem with the expansions and see what comes up. I have a sinking feeling that installing JPAN's Save Block Hack with PGE may be the culprit when expanding, but I am not 100% sure. Question, did you change the offsets to enable expanded evolutions? Because that is a major problem I have noticed. As for the DNS, make sure Real Time Clock is enabled. You may have to go indoors to see any changes.

I've messed around with all the options in PGE when expanding the pokemon. Even without JPAN's Save Block Hack, it was still reseting my game and crashing after winning the first fight with Gary.

Back