• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XY Rom Hacking Tutorial Thread

Lglaplant

3DS Pokemon Maniac
Years
Hey guys

So, surprisingly, there isn't many tutorials on XY rom hacking out there. So I decided to create this thread to write various tutorial about XY rom hacking.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]NO LINK REDIRECTING TO ILLEGAL STUFF (basically roms) WILL BE PROVIDED.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
1: Extracting
Spoiler:

2: Randomizing
Spoiler:

3: Texture editing
Spoiler:

4: Model Swapping
Spoiler:

5: Musics
EDIT: It is now possible ! Check the tutorial !
Spoiler:

6: Playing your rom hack
Spoiler:

And there you go, you can now make XY rom hacks !

If you would like me to add a specific tutorial (Editing Title Screens for example) Just ask and I will add it when I will have the time.

Have a good time modding !

Credits:
Asia81 for hackingtoolkit3DS
Kaphotics and ScireM for the XY garc list and PK3DS
gdkchan for Ohana3DS
recordreader and PlatinumMaster for achieving and showing me how to replace the musics in the game.
If I missed someone, comment down and I'll add it.

Last edited:

Lglaplant

3DS Pokemon Maniac
Years
MUSIC TUTORIAL ADDED ! A thousand thanks for recordreader and PlatinumMaster for achieving this first and showing me how they did it. Super appreciated :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 10, 2020

when i opened the folder with pk3ds it grayed out all the buttons and i can't click them. I closed it but whenever i reopened it the buttons are still grayed out.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 24, 2020
when i opened the folder with pk3ds it grayed out all the buttons and i can't click them. I closed it but whenever i reopened it the buttons are still grayed out.

Make sure that you have both romfs.bin and exefs.bin in the same folder as pk3ds. You can get these 2 files from a .cia using godmode9.

Days
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Hey guys

So, surprisingly, there isn't many tutorials on XY rom hacking out there. So I decided to create this thread to write various tutorial about XY rom hacking.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]NO LINK REDIRECTING TO ILLEGAL STUFF (basically roms) WILL BE PROVIDED.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
1: Extracting
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

3: Texture editing
Spoiler:

4: Model Swapping
Spoiler:

5: Musics
EDIT: It is now possible ! Check the tutorial !
Spoiler:

6: Playing your rom hack
Spoiler:

And there you go, you can now make XY rom hacks !

If you would like me to add a specific tutorial (Editing Title Screens for example) Just ask and I will add it when I will have the time.

Have a good time modding !

Credits:
Asia81 for hackingtoolkit3DS
Kaphotics and ScireM for the XY garc list and PK3DS
gdkchan for Ohana3DS
recordreader and PlatinumMaster for achieving and showing me how to replace the musics in the game.
If I missed someone, comment down and I'll add it.
No idea if you're still replying to posts from 2018, but would you happen to know how to change the sprite used for Pokemon in the Box/Inventory? I put Male Pyroar over Phione to give it and the female different stats/abilities, and everything seems to be working fine except for Phione showing up in the box menu. What do? Thanks.

Back