• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC: Moving Forward : Happy to join the PC family!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I'm very excited to announce that Pomador Media has officially become a part of PC.
For those of you who don't know Pomador already, Pomador is an Israeli company that specialize in managing websites and creating the best user experience possible.

Our story with PC begins a few months ago, when we first encountered the community.
We found a beautiful veteran community that has not reached its full potential yet.
It was love at first sight and we immediately decided that we want to be a part of it.
Last week we finally completed the first step - server's migration, so we thought now it's a good time to introduce ourselves and our plans for PC.

What's going to happen in the next months:

1. As most of you are using this website on mobile devices, we started to work on a more responsive website look. Today on mobile, you're seeing the same website version you see on desktops, just smaller. We're adjusting this look to be compatible with mobile devices.

2. We have two types of ads on PC today: banner / image ads and text ads on top of forum messages. In the near future, we'll remove the text ads for a cleaner experience on the site. We find these ads intrusive and misleading, instead we'll add a few image ads. The ads experience will be clearer, you'll know exactly what is an ad and what is not. Not like today where you can accidentally click on a text ad.

3. Pages are now taking a very substantial time to load. This is to be somewhat expected from a website that's been built patch over patch for the past 15 years. Our goal here is to improve the tech infrastructure. Hopefully, by the end of this process, pages will load much faster and smoother.

We wanted to thank Steve, the previous owner for the smooth hand off.
We also wanted to thank the entire staff for helping us over the past few months with the process and we are looking forward to getting to know the rest of the community and helping PC become even better than it already is.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to ping me on Discord under @gilpom or email me at [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Spoiler:

We're excited to be working together with Gil and the others, and we're confident PC has nothing but a bright future ahead of itself now. Thank you all for supporting the community that all members helped shape and will continue to care for together. If you have any questions, feel free to direct them to any Administrator or to Sharmanti/Gil.

Now, let's get to work!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I for one welcome our new overlords. :V

Good to have you guys on board - I look forward to seeing how we move PC onwards. =)
2. We have two types of ads on PC today: banner / image ads and text ads on top of forum messages. In the near future, we'll remove the text ads for a cleaner experience on the site. We find these ads intrusive and misleading, instead we'll add a few image ads. The ads experience will be clearer, you'll know exactly what is an ad and what is not. Not like today where you can accidentally click on a text ad.
A million times yes to this - the various text ads were something that's been an issue for years and imho an active contributor to pushing people away from PC.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Welcome :). Looking forward to the future, your initial thoughts are spot on.

Years
it's really hard to express the joy im feeling in text rn. all i can say is that im excited for pc's future with the new owners on board! n.n

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
short of literally never posting again, nothing pomador could do would be more lacklustre than what the bargain bin dan schneider managed to achieve in his tenure. so, on that note, i genuinely wish your team well in their endeavours and that you make do on your mission statements!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So Pomador owns the PC now, am I right?
Yes. Domain ownership was transferred on the 26th of August afaik, and server move was just completed. Still some technical issues to work out (PokéCommunity is an old, messy behemoth...) but they're getting there.

Years
aaa I'm happy about this change and am excited to see how PC will grow going forward. We've already got a lot of ideas on how we want to improve the forum now that there is a smoother, more reliable way of doing so. Looking forward to working with you!! =')

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I suppose this explains the fluctuations happening recently on here?

Also, when I searched Pomador Media via Google I wasn't able to find anything. However, when I searched Pomador the first result I received was their LinkedIn page, which lead to me to what i perceive as their home page. Worthy of note I wasn't able to find their home page via search engine.

That said, unless i'm missing something here, isn't saying Pomador Media a bit misleading, since from what I can gather Pomador is an equity firm that "scale our portfolio assets into large, meaningful websites and recognized brands"---which in this case PC qualifies as a "portfolio asset."

Also, another question, is Pomador a public company & have shareholders?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
This is fantastic news. Looking forward to how Pomador will affect this website. Welcome!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
And it's about time, too! Haha, I'm sure PokéCommunity is safe in the hands of its new owners. :D

Here's to a brighter future!

Back