• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revamped Pokemon

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Do you ever wish that your favorite, or any pokemon could get that one good move, or that certain stat buff? Or have you ever disregarded some pokemon, like starters for example, for pokemon that outclass it?
Well here you guys can discuss about some buffs you'd like to give to that pokemon that would make them better in general battle, or even some that'll bump them up a competitive tier. Possibly an abillity that would give them the edge? Remember any buff you give your desired poke is viable as long as you don't overpower them or give them rediculous stats.

To start, I would like if Emboar had better defences to better suit his good hp. Say 80 Def and 75 SpDef? Also amp up his speed to 75 and his attack by 5 and lower his special attack by 5.

Lastly I would like to grant Emboar the mighty Close Combat.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Hm.

I kinda wish Gardevoir had better base physical defense or speed. Her base def is 65.. maybe 75 or 80 would be a nice boost. She also has base 80 speed, so maybe 90~100. Or, if her speed were to stay the same, grant her Analytic in place of Trace.

/evilgrin

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
You'd be surprised, considering my Gardevoir has very few Speed EVs. Although, yes, she'd still out speed select Pokemon, it's just those that out speed her who get hit hard. Er.. well... harder. xD

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Starmie <3

with

Regenerator

instead of trollnalytic.

Hm.

I kinda wish Gardevoir had better base physical defense or speed. Her base def is 65.. maybe 75 or 80 would be a nice boost. She also has base 80 speed, so maybe 90~100. Or, if her speed were to stay the same, grant her Analytic in place of Trace.

/evilgrin
Trace is awesome on Gardevoir. Why would you wanna get rid of it? D:
Switch in on a flamethrowering Heatran? Check.
Switch in on a thunderbolting Electivire? Check.
Switch in on a scalding Gastrodon? Check.
Gardy is awesome with TRACE >:D

p.s. base 100 speed Gardevoir will push her to OU, I guarantee it. Leave the defense alone, it suits her style, she can't have everything.

Sirfetch’d

Give Flareon Flare Blitz! It would make it actually useful.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Other than what's mentioned above, I'd give Snorlax Slack Off so that it has a reliable recovery move. That, and what it does around half the time is sleeping/slacking off.

Years
I would give Starmie Regenerator instead of Analytic since starfish do regrow their limbs and also it's too fast to utilize Analytic well.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Even though Hydreigon can already wreck opposing teams in OU with ease, I'd like a Speed revamp, to something like 122 Base Speed and an Attack devamp, to about 80. A Physically Sweeping Hydreigon is rare anyway, so there really isn't any need for that Attack being so high. It doesn't need more bulk, but would be better with more.

CourageHound

Years
Even though Hydreigon can already wreck opposing teams in OU with ease, I'd like a Speed revamp, to something like 122 Base Speed and an Attack devamp, to about 80. A Physically Sweeping Hydreigon is rare anyway, so there really isn't any need for that Attack being so high. It doesn't need more bulk, but would be better with more.

Lol I saw that sentence "...to something like 122 base speed..." and I was instantly like, holy crap!! XD. I cant imagine how many hydreigons i'd run across on the battlefield after that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yeaaah. I wouldn't agree with Hydreigon because it's already up there. If anything Pokemon in the lower tiers competitively, especially in NU, could use a revamp. I agree with Flareon getting Flare Blitz or just .. nintendo creating some more Physical fire types for the poor Eevee to use. That or switch it to Special Attack but we already have several Special Attack eeveelutions.

I can also go behind giving Starmie Regenerator since it's a star fish and analytic doesn't help it much. I guess.

CourageHound

Years
Me personally I would give mightyena's entire movepool and stats a revamp cause usung it effectively can be verysituational and not to mentio he has like nnnoo movepool, its rediculous.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Hydriegon is one of the most well designed and balanced pokemon in the game. It is also a pseudo-legendary, so if you want the absurd 122 speed, something's gotta give. There's really no reason to buff Hydriegon.
An extreme example would be, I would like it if Mewtwo got a speed buff, something like 146 speed, and its attack is a little low, 110 is nice, but 130 would be better.
Don't fix what isn't broken... to break it.

EDIT: You did mention a attack nerf. But as you mentioned, it isn't a physical attacker, so the nerf wouldn't have any actual consequences, thereby giving it virtually a free buff.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Hmmm..

I wish Alakazam had more physical defense.

I wish Chansey had more Physical Attack/Defense.

I wish Legendaries weren't so hard to catch.

I wish shinies weren't so ridiculously rare.

I wish Buizel wasn't such a trashy water-type (for singleplayer)

....that's about all I can think of really.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I had a feeling most people wouldn't agree, lol. But it is my favourite pokemon so why not lol. Something i'd like to see is like a stat increase in Altaria, it is good support in NU, but better stats could get it into UU, maybe even OU.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
To start, I would like if Emboar had better defences to better suit his good hp. Say 80 Def and 75 SpDef? Also amp up his speed to 75 and his attack by 5 and lower his special attack by 5.

Lastly I would like to grant Emboar the mighty Close Combat.

YES!!! GOSH YES THIS!!!

I love Emboar but his defenses and speed suck. Plus I hate the idea that he's pretty much a rushing boar with all brawn and barely nothing to back it up.

Also, give Unfezant boost in Sp.Def and Spd. Its Speed is a little above average but it can be a little better. Also, give it Brave Bird. Seriously, it needs another strong STAB besides Return.

CourageHound

Years
Hmm...who agrees that shuckles needs an evolution and a viable recovery move? Best eviolite user?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
The only one I can think of is Slaking without Truant. But that'd be pretty ridiculous.

Years
The only one I can think of is Slaking without Truant. But that'd be pretty ridiculous.

Truant is there to stop Slaking being too overpowered, same goes with Archeops having Defeatist or Regigigas having Slow Start.

Also, I think Beheeyem needs more Speed to help with those below-average defenses.

Back