• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Like I said before, I only dislike that the oppenent spams stat reducing moves and sleep/paralysis. Had this problem in Viridian Forest and it was very annoying.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I for one like the changes you did to the games. I think the remake of red and blue version should have been like your game there more fun and interesting the remake just seem like to me just enhance graphics. Is there the date you'll release the beta i really want to see what you've done.
The next release will be Beta 1, which will go all the way up to Silph Co. and Leader Sabrina. Unfortunately that's a long ways away, so I have no release date for Beta 1 yet.

Yeah it does not matters as it is your hack. So these changes have been put in the beta or yet to because I see no comments about that. Sorry if I sound like a noob. Been busy in other hacks so I am asking like this
These changes will be in the next release, which is Beta 1.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Awesome!
Just one stupid question...How did u change the battle bases and background...I ask cause i can't find how to do this!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
TBH I think that changing the evolution levels is a great idea.

One slight problem I see though, is that some Pokemon that can now be caught
earlier, are as a result evolving earlier, despite having relatively strong evolutions.
For example, Magnemite evolves only one level later than Machop, but has an evolution
with a 60 extra base stat total, while Mankey who evolves 3 levels earlier than Machop
has an evolution with a 50 higher base stat total.

Obviously it's your decision, those are just my thoughts on that particular example,
an example I've seen only on paper (well monitor) as opposed to actually playing it.
I doubt that you'd assign levels willy-nilly, so I'm sure you can judge at this stage
particularly whether they feel overpowered compared to other Pokemon. Other than
that, as I said before, I think it's a great idea. Slowpoke evolving at 29 is a godsend!
It always bothered me getting it up to 37 from an egg.

Awesome!
Just one stupid question...How did u change the battle bases and background...I ask cause i can't find how to do this!

There's a tutorial just for this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7681827

I'd check the tutorials if I were you, you may find things you were going to ask other people
how to do!

Last edited:

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
All I have to say is "Wow!"

This is an amazing hack, and people like me overflowed with excitement and joy, also questioning the unreal in a different region (like the Berry Trees from Johto).

I'm only in Viridian City training my Rattata, but wow! This is exciting as all hell! You guys sure did a great job making this hack, and if I could give you a rating of 1-5 Stars, I would give you 10! Thank you for bringing my love of Pokemon back to life (although X and Y will surely do the same, this is completely different).

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
The "new" attacks you implemented look amazing. I'll def be lp'g this when it's fully completed. Great job so far!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 24, 2018
You did an amazing job! Congratulations! And your version of the plot is really interesting, clearly a more "Adult" version of the pokemon plot, if you will... I'll wait for the next releases!
BTW, if I may profer a (stupid) question, what's with all these guys talking about stuff that are past Pewter City? Have you released a version newer than Alpha 2.2? or is it that those people are helping you to debug?? If it's not much trouble, I would really like to know that :)

Good luck with this great hacks!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
You did an amazing job! Congratulations! And your version of the plot is really interesting, clearly a more "Adult" version of the pokemon plot, if you will... I'll wait for the next releases!
BTW, if I may profer a (stupid) question, what's with all these guys talking about stuff that are past Pewter City? Have you released a version newer than Alpha 2.2? or is it that those people are helping you to debug?? If it's not much trouble, I would really like to know that :)

Good luck with this great hacks!
Thanks for the comments, basically about people talking about stuff past Pewter City, that's just because I've revealed screenshots of areas past Pewter City. No, I have not released anything since Alpha 2.2. My only beta tester is giradialkia, and he is the only one that has played anything past Pewter City at this point. Right now I'm actually up to Vermilion City:
62095048a6dcadba8466f6b3130f9e14_500.png
0cfffa38e1a2f3b67d7414adfa7b94d3_500.png
e6545f2d2fd5702079fb2ba0f3ab99ac_500.png

Beta 1 will end shortly after defeating Sabrina, who will be the 7th Gym Leader in DarkViolet. I want Beta 1 to be freakin huge, and will end on a cliffhanger in terms of the plot. Right now now I am working on getting all Pokemon sprites completed for DarkViolet's Kanto Dex.

EDIT: (also, kinda pointless for me to mention, but in future releases, the Charmander family will no longer learn Dragon Rage, and instead will learn a non-game-breaking move)

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2015
Give chamander fire pledge or flame brust instead of dragon rage. Problem solved.
I prefer fire pledge, because you can give bullbasaur and squrite grass/water pledge at that level as well

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Give chamander fire pledge or flame brust instead of dragon rage. Problem solved.
I prefer fire pledge, because you can give bullbasaur and squrite grass/water pledge at that level as well
I've already chosen what move to replace the OP Dragon Rage, and it is neither Fire Pledge nor Flame Burst. You'll have to find out when Beta 1 comes out lol.

(not to mention, Fire Pledge isn't even programmed into DarkViolet, and the Charmander family learns Flame Burst at a later level anyway)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
2chq49e.png
2hmha1g.png

Just a minor announcement: In all future releases, the extra Pokedex features will be restored (I removed them in the Alpha because I didn't want to deal with re-organizing the pages), but then I decided to suck it up and reorganized the pages. All pages have been adjusted accordingly to accommodate the Gen IV Pokemon that will be in the game.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
I apologize if it has been asked, but since you only have 210 pokemon in game, will you include the mega evolutions for those of the 210 that have them?

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
I apologize if it has been asked, but since you only have 210 pokemon in game, will you include the mega evolutions for those of the 210 that have them?

I'm just going to answer that for him.

No, just no.

lol. btw now that gen 1 sprites are done, will progress be speeding up?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
No. I don't want X & Y to have any influence on DarkViolet at all. That's kind of what prevented DarkViolet from making progress these past 4 years, because there was always some idea that I got from playing a game that I wanted to implement. But at this point, I'm going to finish DarkViolet with the same way I intended to finish it when I started this current incarnation a year ago.

(and how the hell would I implement Mega Evolutions anyway?)

lol. btw now that gen 1 sprites are done, will progress be speeding up?
Hopefully :) There's 15 Pokemon that are still missing sprites due to DarkViolet's expanded Kanto Dex, but a lot of contributors in the sprite project have them covered, so I'll most likely finish the remaining sprites within the next 1-2 days.

But having all Gen I sprites completed will definitely help speed up progress (all 151 Gen I Pokemon are in DarkViolet's Kanto Dex, obviously). Before every time I made a new area with a Pokemon not yet encountered, I would have to go and make a sprite for it, but I won't have to do that anymore. Now I can just focus on mapping and scripting, and hopefully Beta 1 will come sooner than expected.

Back